Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loud Vehicle Warning

Go down 
+22
JYB116
JSharp
subbie
Clint Eastwood
Earlface
lu!$
corey
Piett
d3v
DOOLHA
laynehip
Moneypits
dev
Thai-kun
jdm_itr
Sleypr
Marshal
Rob
1eightySX
Jhall
Soup
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 4:37 pm

id be cool to have one and know your legal and when the cop pulls you over . you can say get fucked and bust ouit your db meter and prove him wrong
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 4:46 pm

laynehip wrote:
"Some people seem oblivious to the fact that some of these loud cars (you know which ones I'm talking about) are nearly as dangerous as drugs and other crimes. These kids love to hear their 4 cylinder engines rev up to 8000rpm, and it's even better when it's louder because you are now making the statement that "I've got a lot of horsepower yo". Living on Parliament and Rae I can hear some of these cars leave the 4 way stop heading towards Wal-Mart. They are so damn loud that I can hear them shift every gear to maximum rpm until they have to let off. Is driving 100mph and putting pedestrians and other cars at risk on a residential street a safe thing? Go get 'em boys."

you heard it kids
hondas with fart cans are as dangerous as cocaine

does the regina police just randomly pick things to focus their attention on?
and god i hope their next focus isnt on bicycle safety

God, who the fuck says things like this? This is jsut another case of some retarded anti-car-enthusiast spouting off. Seriously, 100mph in the city? if you pull that off you have balls, and the car being loud should be the least of your problems.
Notice how they mention kids, 4 cyls, and 8000rpms? Not a single comment about the harleys, big trucks, or muscle cars.
Its just like that old yellow car with a massive blower and no hood. I guarantee he has never gotten a ticket for driving around with no hood, or his car being too loud.

and i tihnk the law states that you have to rev your car up to 3/4 maximum horsepower and thats where they take the dB reading.
and for reference, stock saturn ions make 83-84dB.

The police choose a new thing every month to patrol for. Just wait until it is illegal headlight modifiactions, read:HIDs.
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 4:56 pm

marshal wrote:
laynehip wrote:
"Some people seem oblivious to the fact that some of these loud cars (you know which ones I'm talking about) are nearly as dangerous as drugs and other crimes. These kids love to hear their 4 cylinder engines rev up to 8000rpm, and it's even better when it's louder because you are now making the statement that "I've got a lot of horsepower yo". Living on Parliament and Rae I can hear some of these cars leave the 4 way stop heading towards Wal-Mart. They are so damn loud that I can hear them shift every gear to maximum rpm until they have to let off. Is driving 100mph and putting pedestrians and other cars at risk on a residential street a safe thing? Go get 'em boys."

you heard it kids
hondas with fart cans are as dangerous as cocaine

does the regina police just randomly pick things to focus their attention on?
and god i hope their next focus isnt on bicycle safety

God, who the fuck says things like this? This is jsut another case of some retarded anti-car-enthusiast spouting off. Seriously, 100mph in the city? if you pull that off you have balls, and the car being loud should be the least of your problems.
Notice how they mention kids, 4 cyls, and 8000rpms? Not a single comment about the harleys, big trucks, or muscle cars.
Its just like that old yellow car with a massive blower and no hood. I guarantee he has never gotten a ticket for driving around with no hood, or his car being too loud.

and i tihnk the law states that you have to rev your car up to 3/4 maximum horsepower and thats where they take the dB reading.

The police choose a new thing every month to patrol for. Just wait until it is illegal headlight modifiactions, read:HIDs.

lol
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 5:39 pm

well, its not like i am against loud cars, or for them for that matter. I just want everything to be equal. if Jsharp gets pulled over, I want to see some redneck in his truck pulled over right behind him, or the guy who cannot satisfy his wife on the harley pulled over too.
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 5:42 pm

marshal wrote:
well, its not like i am against loud cars, or for them for that matter. I just want everything to be equal. if Jsharp gets pulled over, I want to see some redneck in his truck pulled over right behind him, or the guy who cannot satisfy his wife on the harley pulled over too.

haha you slay me
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 5:46 pm

Bout fuckin' time!
I am sick of all these fucking loud cars around my area that wake me up in my time of resting.
I can't even have a peaceful coffee and gather with the girls are gossip, things need to change!
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 5:56 pm

caffine is for men, not boys.
Since I am not allowed to even attend the school sanctioned drinking events up here becasue they "don't serve children", I am in the same boat as you.
Good on you for the gossip though. How'd the date last night go for you corey? I hope the weather was nice atleast.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 6:00 pm

d3v wrote:
OCHO wrote:
i hope they stop this loud ass focus that i seen rippin around rochdale.
hahaha i was thinkin the same thing

x2, its annoying as hell.

I wont have any issues, my car sounds nearly stock.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 7:24 pm

I dont quite love fart cans but i own a 4 banger, what can you do.
However, I am not of those who rev it to the fucking limit.
If you get caught you must have been doing something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 7:59 pm

luispizarro25 wrote:
good thing my four banger is quiet
because to merge i have no choice but to redline it every gear or i will never make it up to speed in time
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 8:02 pm

laynehip wrote:
luispizarro25 wrote:
because to merge i have no choice but to redline it every gear or i will never make it up to speed in time

lol, is it really that slow? If so there must be something wrong..
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 8:14 pm

Supra wrote:
laynehip wrote:
luispizarro25 wrote:

lol, is it really that slow? If so there must be something wrong..
i assume so
however i would never want to pay to have it fixed
i shall use my money to lower it and camo the hood
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 8:21 pm

why do people wash their cars when it is raining.. Not before, not after, but while it is raining.

I just dont get it.
Back to top Go down
Earlface
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 349
Vehicle : 07 Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 10:36 pm

suprised no one else posted this.

http://www.reginapolice.ca/vehicle_mod.html
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 10:45 pm

"The maximum dB level allowed for any passenger vehicle, motorcycle or truck engine is 84dB"

only 84 decibals??
a telephone ring is 80 decibals!
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 11:23 pm

marshal wrote:

Having no hood is not illegal from what I was told by a cop. You can drive without a hood but in the unlikely event you hit a pedestrian and he is injured further becasue you had no hood, you will have no insurance and be held liable for said damages.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2009, 7:30 am

i assume the same applies when snall children are sucked into his blower?
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2009, 8:45 am

Earlface wrote:

Mod list

Bumper heights - On passenger cars, bumper height must be between 380mm (14in) and 560mm(22in) above the road surface.

Is that to the middle of the bumper?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2009, 1:09 pm

you would think so, but i can't find it anywhere.
Probably some sort of loop hole?
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2009, 2:49 pm

[quote="OCHO"]
1eightySX wrote:
SoupGTR wrote:
OCHO wrote:
i hope they stop this loud ass focus that i seen rippin around rochdale.

Red w/ a Canadian Tire wing?

ya thatd be the one

rear ended someone I do believe lol

Great now my car is a fucking rolling cocaine ball Sad
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2009, 2:59 pm

cocaine ball?
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2009, 3:15 pm

hahaha i was just going to post a topic like this, I installed my cold air intake yesterday and not my BOV is descently loud. I was driving down albert to go to visions and there was a cop driving beside with his window down slightly. I wasn't given it hard at all like up to 3, 3.5 rpm and the cop flicks his lights on quickly and is looking at me. lol i roll down the window and he tells me to "Tune it down" lol hahaha I was like what?!?? and he tells me at the lights that my car's BOV is to his standards "To loud".

lol wtf!! scratch
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2009, 3:16 pm

lol didnt say anything about my 3.5" catless downpipe and turbo back exhaust scratch

hhmmm....hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2009, 3:26 pm

I would have said
"my car is not turbocharged sir, i don't know what your hearing"
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2009, 6:07 pm

hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loud Vehicle Warning   Loud Vehicle Warning - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loud Vehicle Warning
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next