Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interior Cleaning

Go down 
+3
Piett
guswaym
Marshal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Interior Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Interior Cleaning   Interior Cleaning Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 1:29 pm

To start things off you will probably need:
-rubber gloves
-interior cleaner of your choice(I use carbrite becasue I have like 8L oh it), but Iwould really recommend Mothers, plus it smells good
-qu-tips
-soft bristle/hard bristle brushes
-glass cleaner(Stoner is by far the best product)
-Carpet cleaner(if you have any stains ect)
-leather cleaner if you're lucky enough to have leather seats
-micro-fiber cloths
-air freshners(little trees, and I personally think cars should only smell either new, like trees, or leatehr if you have it. Not cocunut)
-spray air freshners(the kind you spray into the vents)
-Fabrees for fabric

1. move the car into a sunny/warm place
2.don the rubber gloves if you don't like chemicals touching your hands(you may need more than one pair, unless you are corey)
3.spray the interior claner onto the dash/door cards/rear interior/shift boot/shift console pannels liberally and rub the product into the pannels/dash with your hands, try to get it everywhere in in equal amounts. Let sit.
4. While the cleaner is soaking in, grab the qu-tips and stick them into the vents and twist them to get at all the dust and what ever is in there. Do all the vents
5.spray the airesol air freshner into the vents
6.Remove front seats and place them on the driveway.
7.spray fabrees on all the seats and anything else fabric you have.
8.spray the foaming carpet cleaner onto the carpets and rub it in with a toothbrush(or any other stains you have on the seats). Let it sit for a few minutes, then vaccum your interior unil you have removed all the dirt and the carpet is dry. This can be substituted with a steam cleaner if you are lucky enough to have one
9.grab the bristled brush and get any dirt that has wedged itself into any of the nooks/crannies of your interior.
10.grab the micro-fiber cloths and start wiping all the cleaner off the dash and everything else you got it on.
11.Grab the Stoner Invisible Glass cleaner and spray the window(do one window at a time). Wipe it off quickly in circular motions. Repeat onto all windows. Inside and out if you want a good job.
12.vacuum seats and re-install them.
13.Turn the ignition on and turn the fan onto high for a few moments.
14.Roll down all the windows and let the car air out for a bit if you are fragrence sensitive.
15.open up your little tree air-freshner and place it under a seat or hide it in a cubby if you can, don't hang it from the mirror.

And you're done.
Its not much, and thats a pretty basic version of what I would do. The more pannels/interior bits you remove, the better job you get.
I can take pictures if soemone so wishes, but most of it is pretty self explanitory
Back to top Go down
guswaym
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 90
Vehicle : RSX Type-S
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Interior Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior Cleaning   Interior Cleaning Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 7:55 pm

excellent thank you Very Happy i really want to remove my front seats but last time i did i had to do the whole gay reset my SRS light shit because i unplugged the seat airbag

i think im just going to unbolt it this time leave the harnesses plugged in and lean it back and clean thanks alot!!
Back to top Go down
guswaym
Rank 2
Rank 2

Interior Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior Cleaning   Interior Cleaning Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 8:04 pm

Im tkaing some photos when i clean my car this friday if the weather co-opperates they should sticky ours threads for the people who have no idea what to do and want a starting point
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Interior Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior Cleaning   Interior Cleaning Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2009, 1:47 am

finally someone else who takes out their front seats to clean the inside! i used to get beaked hard for doing that!
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Interior Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior Cleaning   Interior Cleaning Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2009, 2:31 am

JP wrote:
finally someone else who takes out their front seats to clean the inside! i used to get beaked hard for doing that!
i o the same thing the dirt beside the seat pisses me off and its hard to get it with a vacume and whats 4 bolts lol . you should see my car there is nothing behind the front seats right now lol striped
Back to top Go down
guswaym
Rank 2
Rank 2

Interior Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior Cleaning   Interior Cleaning Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2009, 10:25 pm

pictures dont do much justice looks alot better in person for whoever has seen my car in person anyways followed this diy car looks good, smells good, and makes me feel alot better when i drive it. oh btw i cant take pictures lol im going to borrow my parents SLR when i get back from pheonix next weekend and take some better pictures hehe
Interior Cleaning 296io8

and yes i got some HID maplights
Interior Cleaning 29ncufp

and the last one..

Interior Cleaning 2aij9ed
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Interior Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior Cleaning   Interior Cleaning Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2009, 9:10 am

a chilly eskimo with parkinsons disease in the middle of an earthquake couldve snapped a better picture

posting pictures of your car in an INTERIOR CLEANING THREAD, at night mind you, with shaky pictures and a shot staring straight into a light bulb

you are full of SO much win.
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : schirting
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Interior Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior Cleaning   Interior Cleaning Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2009, 11:17 am

red neons under the dash, sickness hah. Me and my buddy bought some cheep little lights like that for bout 10 bucks at canadian tire. I was gunna put them in for the hell of it and hook em up to a switch, dont know why i havent yet, mayb that'll be wat i do today after i finish detailing my ride.
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Interior Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior Cleaning   Interior Cleaning Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2009, 1:11 pm

240sxy wrote:
a chilly eskimo with parkinsons disease in the middle of an earthquake couldve snapped a better picture

posting pictures of your car in an INTERIOR CLEANING THREAD, at night mind you, with shaky pictures and a shot staring straight into a light bulb

you are full of SO much win.

lmao, colorful interior, looks nice.
Back to top Go down
guswaym
Rank 2
Rank 2

Interior Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior Cleaning   Interior Cleaning Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2009, 2:15 pm

sadly i was still as a deer but the camera i used was a pos but the under dash lights look really bright there but they are oem foot lights from the type r turned red instead of green its awesome they turn on with my dash lights Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Interior Cleaning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior Cleaning   Interior Cleaning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interior Cleaning
Page 1 of 1