Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clear Bra - Where

Go down 
+3
Piett
Moneypits
Black
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Clear Bra - Where Empty
PostSubject: Clear Bra - Where   Clear Bra - Where Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 4:45 pm

Looking for that stuff that you use as a clear bra on the front of cars to protect from rock chips and stuff. The roof rack will be going on for an upcoming trip and i'd like to have this between the pads and the paint to hopefully avoid scratching the paint. Can it be bought anywhere in the city?
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Clear Bra - Where Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clear Bra - Where   Clear Bra - Where Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 5:26 pm

Diamond coat whatever they call it i know the stripe shop installs it go ask if you can buy some scraps or have some
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Clear Bra - Where Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clear Bra - Where   Clear Bra - Where Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 6:09 pm

im not 100% sure, but i think universal does that. you'd have to double check with dev.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Clear Bra - Where Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clear Bra - Where   Clear Bra - Where Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 6:16 pm

diamond shield is not a clear bra. Thats not what he means.
Go to Auto Shield, its in the same colourful complex as Clear Solutions. He does the clear bras for all the dealerships and what not, its definately a good thing to get. If you are really hard up, princess auto has some in teh surplus area.
Back to top Go down
JSharp
Rank 8
Rank 8
JSharp

Number of posts : 1577
Vehicle : 2002 Yamaha R1, 2003 Nissan 350z, 2005 Yamaha R6
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Clear Bra - Where Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clear Bra - Where   Clear Bra - Where Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 6:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Clear Bra - Where Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clear Bra - Where   Clear Bra - Where Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 6:23 pm

/b/ wrote:
Go to Auto Shield, its in the same colourful complex as Clear Solutions. He does the clear bras for all the dealerships and what not, its definately a good thing to get. If you are really hard up, princess auto has some in teh surplus area.

well i picked up a car from downtown by mitshubishi .. and the guy was putting on a clear film, on the hood bumper, mirrors.. etc. just figured thats what he meant?
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Clear Bra - Where Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clear Bra - Where   Clear Bra - Where Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 7:01 pm

JP wrote:
/b/ wrote:

well i picked up a car from downtown by mitshubishi .. and the guy was putting on a clear film, on the hood bumper, mirrors.. etc. just figured thats what he meant?
mitsu does a good job of it got my old truck dont there
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Clear Bra - Where Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clear Bra - Where   Clear Bra - Where Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 7:10 pm

isn't that diamond coat stuff just a liquid that you put on and buff out? Thats what we put on Jason's BMW when he had it.
Maybe the diamond shield is jut another name for what I was talking about. But it IS a clear film that is allpied usually ot the hood, front bumper, rockers, the front of the rear wheel arches, ect.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Clear Bra - Where Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clear Bra - Where   Clear Bra - Where Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 7:13 pm

Yes marshall diamond sheild is the clear film i was referring to not a liquid. Thats the name i was told it is the FILM that stripe shop applies
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Clear Bra - Where Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clear Bra - Where   Clear Bra - Where Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 7:17 pm

hmm i'll call them tomorrow to see if they have any scraps, thanks
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Clear Bra - Where Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clear Bra - Where   Clear Bra - Where Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 8:13 pm

/b/ wrote:
isn't that diamond coat stuff just a liquid that you put on and buff out? Thats what we put on Jason's BMW when he had it.
Maybe the diamond shield is jut another name for what I was talking about. But it IS a clear film that is allpied usually ot the hood, front bumper, rockers, the front of the rear wheel arches, ect.

theres paint sheild, and paint restorer made by diamond kote which are liquid.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Clear Bra - Where Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clear Bra - Where   Clear Bra - Where Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 8:16 pm

yea thats the stuff I was thinking about. my bad
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Clear Bra - Where Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clear Bra - Where   Clear Bra - Where Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2009, 1:45 pm

3M film makes a film kit that is cut out after to fit your car. Don't know prices but I know that Dave Hart does it at Universal Collision. PM for number. It covers front bumped part of hood mirrors and you can request for headlights.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Clear Bra - Where Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clear Bra - Where   Clear Bra - Where Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2009, 9:32 pm

its all good, i got what i needed thanks though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clear Bra - Where Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clear Bra - Where   Clear Bra - Where Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clear Bra - Where
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Other :: Off Topic-
Jump to: