Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Living In Saskatoon?

Go down 
+2
corey
Harper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

Number of posts : 303
Vehicle : 97 Prarie Porche
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Living In Saskatoon? Empty
PostSubject: Living In Saskatoon?   Living In Saskatoon? Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2008, 9:23 pm

So I got my letter of acceptance from the University Of Saskatchewan on Friday and now I am faced with the problem of: Where the fuck am I going to live?

Does anybody know anybody living in Saskatoon that would know where would be the best area to get a 2 bedroom apartment or basement suite? Also how much (on average) is rent for a 2 bedroom place?
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Living In Saskatoon?   Living In Saskatoon? Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2008, 10:40 pm

Harper wrote:
So I got my letter of acceptance from the University Of Saskatchewan on Friday and now I am faced with the problem of: Where the fuck am I going to live?

Does anybody know anybody living in Saskatoon that would know where would be the best area to get a 2 bedroom apartment or basement suite? Also how much (on average) is rent for a 2 bedroom place?
Check out Saskatoon classified, even take a look at housing section on www.usedstoon.com
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

PostSubject: Re: Living In Saskatoon?   Living In Saskatoon? Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2008, 11:03 pm

I have but it all depends on the area ... I don't want to end up in a sketchy end of town ... rent varies a lot from the different areas so I was wondering what the best ares to be in were
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Living In Saskatoon?   Living In Saskatoon? Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2008, 11:14 pm

my brother used to live in some weird building that was like 1 room with a fold out bed in the kitchen
it was small but nice
and downtown
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

Number of posts : 319
Vehicle : 1991 Honda Civic
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Living In Saskatoon?   Living In Saskatoon? Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2008, 12:07 am

I knew someone who lived in an apartment downtown and there was poop on the floor. Make sure you check it thoroughly first!!!
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Snap-On Tool Truck

PostSubject: Re: Living In Saskatoon?   Living In Saskatoon? Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2008, 12:11 am

east and south end of town is nice

part of west side is not cool...nothing off 22nd street or idlwyld.

find the street address and i'll tel you if its good or not.

Or even the area..etc..post on here.
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

PostSubject: Re: Living In Saskatoon?   Living In Saskatoon? Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 6:59 pm

Well I went for a drive today, had a few places to check out there. I would have taken the first one 2 seconds after I saw it until I found out that they won't offer me a lease of more than 4 months .... that will be fucking August when the lease is up (before I'm even in school) and I could be looking for a new place, and the building manager hinted that it was probably going to become a condo.

Since when can you not get a 1 year lease on a dam apartment? Places used to insist on that so I didn't even ask when I had phoned from Regina. Turns out, Boardwalk is the only people who will give you a 1 year lease ... and they want like 1000+ per month.

I was suppose to check out another one but apparently that had been taken 10 minutes after I got off the phone with her (in Regina) so 3 hours later it was gone.

Then the last one I checked out, what a beauty this one was: tiny bedrooms, shit (not feecees or anything but I don't know what it was) stains on the carpet, water was running when we walked in ... kitchen tap wouldn't shut off, mold growing on the dishwasher, and then the heat kicked in and started making a high pitch wine ... and once again they won't offer a lease.

Anybody know anybody renting out 2 bedroom basement suites in Saskatoon, if so could you put me in touch with them? I am willing to pay for the place immediately.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Living In Saskatoon?   Living In Saskatoon? Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 7:02 pm

if your willing to spend a bit of money for a cheap permanent home you can always live in a trailer park
may sound stupid and gross but there is some nice trailer parks in saskatoon
especially if your thinking of living there for 4 years
even if you come home during the summer, you will still have a trailer waiting when you get back
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

PostSubject: Re: Living In Saskatoon?   Living In Saskatoon? Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 7:08 pm

Rent on those are like 300 bucks a month lol and then you gotta buy the lot for $90,000 or some ridiculous price like that, trailer park is out of the question.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Living In Saskatoon?   Living In Saskatoon? Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 7:47 pm

well if you factor in the lifestyle you are adopting when deciding to live in a trailer park 90,000 dont seem so bad
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Living In Saskatoon?   Living In Saskatoon? Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 10:54 pm

Dude, I'm 100% sure you could find a trailer for rent. I'd actually will say that'd be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

PostSubject: Re: Living In Saskatoon?   Living In Saskatoon? Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2008, 12:29 am

ha, I'd just have to watch out for the bottle kids and that drunk fuck Mr. Lahey and Randy.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Living In Saskatoon?   Living In Saskatoon? Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2008, 1:21 am

My cousin lives there i could see if he has any buddies with rooms to rent or anything
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

PostSubject: Re: Living In Saskatoon?   Living In Saskatoon? Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 6:22 pm

Don't worry about it I got a place today, thanks for offering to check somethings out though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living In Saskatoon?   Living In Saskatoon? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living In Saskatoon?
Page 1 of 1