Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GD imports

Go down 
+16
JSharp
Moneypits
doom26464
Clint Eastwood
JYB116
Rob
Fiorante
SteveK
raboyto2
240sxy
GDimports
L-Spec
CamJohns122
dev
Piett
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 8:42 am

http://www.gdimports.com/

Never heard of them, just curious if anyone knows who they are?
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 9:14 am

bahrx7 wrote:
http://www.gdimports.com/

Never heard of them, just curious if anyone knows who they are?

its Kyle Sheilds (the guy who had steve's car before him) importing site he just made.
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 9:46 am

they have a few GT-R's, a couple GTS-T's and a lancer for sure. I saw their advertising on usedregina.com actually, I was curious about them too.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 10:58 am

Doesnt look reputable to me the one car that is sold was his so that doesnt really count as anything.

The pics of the 1991 GT-R are straight off of TYEE Imports so unless they just buy them from other importing businesses and sell em again there not really importing cars from japan.
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 11:25 am

A lot of importing companies have a few of the same photos because they have the same contacts. For the most part, the only thing you're really paying for with Canadian importers is their paperwork, headaches/hassles, etc. while the contacts in Japan are the ones who get things started and these guys work for many different companies in Canada. Whoever is willing to pay the most, right? These cars are basically auctioned off and is open to the public for browsing.
Back to top Go down
GDimports
Rank 1
Rank 1

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-09-29

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 4:10 pm

Hello,

I'm Kyle from GDimports. We are a new company based in Regina. As L-spec has said, we have many contacts in Japan and we are selling some vehicles that other importers are selling as well. Our goal is to provide Canada with good condition vehicles that have low kms at an amazing price. We are in the process to moving into our new shop on St.John street, will update with an address once open.

If you are interested in purchasing a vehicle from us, please send an email to kyle@gdimports.com

If you were to purchase a vehicle from us we will also complete the provincial safety for $375.

Thanks!

Regards,
Kyle Shields
GDimports.com
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 5:05 pm

O ok sorry for my comment i didnt know how the importing business works sorry again sounds great would like to come chec kout the store.

but on another note dont provinvcial safteys cost 100$ or are you including anytihng it would need to be saftied
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 5:15 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
O ok sorry for my comment i didnt know how the importing business works sorry again sounds great would like to come chec kout the store.

but on another note dont provinvcial safteys cost 100$ or are you including anytihng it would need to be saftied

GDimports wrote:
we will also complete the provincial safety for $375.

a little pricey if your the least bit inclined to install drl's.

but its about $175 for the inspection and alignment all said and done.

theyre basically charging $200 for drl's/dot headlamps/dot tires/etc. which isnt bad depending on what it needs.

this could also be a good thing that they charge a flat rate, they must know their cars arnt total pieces of shit that will take thousands to put it through.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 5:26 pm

true true just the way he said it i took more as they just drive it to the place to get saftied for 275 more haha

if that is true what you say i might have to look into these guys one day cause thatd be nice a flat rate god ownly knows what i paid to saftey my car definatly wasnt 375 so thats pretty sweet
Back to top Go down
GDimports
Rank 1
Rank 1

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 5:35 pm

Hello,

Yes $375 is our flat rate for everything (DTRL's, sidemarkers, permit to drive there and back, etc) except we don't include DOT tires. Often if the car is in good condition and the tires have plenty of tread left they won't even worry about it. And from experience 40% of the time vehicles from Japan already have DOT tires.

If you did require DOT tires, we have a good hookup for tires as well.

Thanks!

Regards,
Kyle Shields
GDimports.com
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 6:19 pm

GDimports wrote:
Hello,

Yes $375 is our flat rate for everything (DTRL's, sidemarkers, permit to drive there and back, etc) except we don't include DOT tires. Often if the car is in good condition and the tires have plenty of tread left they won't even worry about it. And from experience 40% of the time vehicles from Japan already have DOT tires.

wouldnt that be illegal? (meaning those tires dont meet the safety requirements for the Department Of Transportation for North America. )

good price for the safety though. Especially as those DOT headlights can be a real bitch ...assuming that comes with the inspection price.
Back to top Go down
GDimports
Rank 1
Rank 1

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 6:58 pm

Hello,

Often if you take the non-DOT tire make/model and search in North America you will come up with the same model DOT approved. With this you can show the shop that these tires are indeed DOT approved for North America.

As for DOT headlights, these would be done if necessary. Often they just ask you to re-aim the headlights to the correct side of the road.

Things like that don't need to be perfect Robert, as long as the car is considered safe and doesn't have any unsafe mechanical issues.

Regards,
Kyle Shields
GDimports.com
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 7:35 pm

just trying it give you a hard time Smile
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2008, 10:20 am

Haha sounds reputable to me, this man knows how to post Smile
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2008-02-26

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:01 am

Yeah, I bought my car from him. So far so good. No problems or anything. I just noticed in the receipts and paperwork he gave me the car was listed as 170, 000 kms when it was imported. I bought it with 160, 000. It has been running strong though. I'd say they would do a good job. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Fiorante
Rank 7
Rank 7
Fiorante

Number of posts : 1234
Vehicle : frankenstien'd skyline
Registration date : 2008-03-04

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:05 am

""no clutch cough cough, burned out coils cough cough, airplane wing cough"" ya steve your car is sick, you got a sick deal on it, i should import one.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:07 am

I want a Hilux diesel
Back to top Go down
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:13 am

Fiorante wrote:
""no clutch cough cough, burned out coils cough cough, airplane wing cough"" ya steve your car is sick, you got a sick deal on it, i should import one.

ya thats after he drove it for 7 mmonths soo shhhh until u no the fax jon shhhh
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2008-02-26

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:23 am

Fiorante wrote:

I can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic. He said the clutch was slipping when I bought it. Wing can be removed. As for the coils...7 months of driving as BoD said. lol!
Back to top Go down
Fiorante
Rank 7
Rank 7
Fiorante

Number of posts : 1234
Vehicle : frankenstien'd skyline
Registration date : 2008-03-04

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:48 am

if you have to replace coils ever 7 months, anyone want to buy a toyota supra turbo ?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:49 am

Fiorante wrote:
if you have to replace coils ever 7 months, anyone want to buy a toyota supra turbo ?

600$ + that favour corey owes you that im not supposed to speak of
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:51 am

Supra wrote:
I want a Hilux diesel

if you are serious pm me (not to sell you a vehicle, just to give you pointers and what to look out for)
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 9:12 am

What kinda prices are stock mk4 supra tt's going for?
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 9:44 am

I've seen ones starting at $18,000 but I know I am probably wrong haha.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 10:55 am

dev wrote:
I've seen ones starting at $18,000 but I know I am probably wrong haha.

you can get an auto 2jz twin turbo for around the 10k-12k mark but since the manual trannys are so desierable they start at aroudn the 18k mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GD imports Empty
PostSubject: Re: GD imports   GD imports Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GD imports
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next