Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what do all the auto x racers use....

Go down 
+3
Soup
240sxy
Maniac
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

what do all the auto x racers use.... Empty
PostSubject: what do all the auto x racers use....   what do all the auto x racers use.... Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2008, 1:26 am

What brake pads and fluid do you use because I'm looking at some hawk HP+ pads and ATE super blue or motul and want to know about how noisy these pads really are.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: what do all the auto x racers use....   what do all the auto x racers use.... Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2008, 2:48 am

EP304 wrote:
What brake pads and fluid do you use because I'm looking at some hawk HP+ pads and ATE super blue or motul and want to know about how noisy these pads really are.

i have full ceramic project mu race pads and they squeak like hell, but grab so damn good. no experiance when hawk pads though.

the usual "better braking" method is stainless steel lines, dot4 or higher fluid and go from there.
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: what do all the auto x racers use....   what do all the auto x racers use.... Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2008, 8:55 am

stock FTW lol
Back to top Go down
slow
Rank 3
Rank 3
slow

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: what do all the auto x racers use....   what do all the auto x racers use.... Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2008, 1:26 pm

pfft brakes are for pussies
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: what do all the auto x racers use....   what do all the auto x racers use.... Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2008, 1:32 pm

lol ya when I order some more parts for my car I'm gonna get the stainless steel brake and clutch lines. I guess the Hawks are supposed to be loud and dust like crazy my brakes are good right now but if I wanna try auto x they aren't gonna cut it.
Back to top Go down
slow
Rank 3
Rank 3
slow

PostSubject: Re: what do all the auto x racers use....   what do all the auto x racers use.... Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2008, 1:51 pm

EP304 wrote:
lol ya when I order some more parts for my car I'm gonna get the stainless steel brake and clutch lines. I guess the Hawks are supposed to be loud and dust like crazy my brakes are good right now but if I wanna try auto x they aren't gonna cut it.

Do your brakes work? If they do, they're good enough. Autox here isn't a big money venture. You should see some of the cars that come out, they literally came straight from SGI with missing bodyparts (front bumpers, lights, etc). Your car is fine in stock form, unless you like to ride the brakes, and then maybe you should get something better.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL

PostSubject: Re: what do all the auto x racers use....   what do all the auto x racers use.... Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2008, 2:44 pm

I got Hawk HPS pads on the front and Axxiss pads on the rear.

The hawk pads grab really nice and arent very noisy a little squeak but nothing to bad as far as dust goes yeah theyre a bit overly dusty but there great pads, the axxiss are nice to but much more dusty
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: what do all the auto x racers use....   what do all the auto x racers use.... Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2008, 2:45 pm

As the topic of Auto X is up id like to know some more about it, when you can go to participate, what kinda tires are legal (i heard r compounds arent?) and any tips for a beginner
Back to top Go down
slow
Rank 3
Rank 3
slow

PostSubject: Re: what do all the auto x racers use....   what do all the auto x racers use.... Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2008, 2:47 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
As the topic of Auto X is up id like to know some more about it, when you can go to participate, what kinda tires are legal (i heard r compounds arent?) and any tips for a beginner

www.qcma.org for all your answers
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: what do all the auto x racers use....   what do all the auto x racers use.... Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2008, 2:48 pm

Skyline has done all season on stockers. Your fine. Its been about 7 or 8 events, plus 1 drifting, and daily driving, and they are barely squeeking. Save up and get brembos for next season XD
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: what do all the auto x racers use....   what do all the auto x racers use.... Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2008, 4:18 pm

I wanna first see what I can do with the car get more in tune with it and then see what needs upgrading more. On tire topic what are good winter tires I heard Nokian Hakkapeliitta 5 is a great winter tire.

Now auto x/dd tire I heard Falken Azenis RT-615 are decent and cheap too.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: what do all the auto x racers use....   what do all the auto x racers use.... Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2008, 4:44 pm

EP304 wrote:
I wanna first see what I can do with the car get more in tune with it and then see what needs upgrading more. On tire topic what are good winter tires I heard Nokian Hakkapeliitta 5 is a great winter tire.

Now auto x/dd tire I heard Falken Azenis RT-615 are decent and cheap too.

I also own the Azenis RT-615 beautiful tire i love em so much grip so good dunno what your definition of cheap is but only cheap if purchased online otherwise Kal tire wanted something like 150 a tire, whereas online its 73 a tire but you gotta factor in customs and shipping still cheaper to buy online to.

Sadly im uber cheap seeing as im broke right now so my new set that im putting on right away wont be the Azenis. Instead ill be going with either the Falken Zeix 512 or Khumo Ecsta AST anyone know anything about these tires? are they worth it or should i save some more, my cars strictly a summer car.

Also being R compounds the Azenis wear decently quick especially if your honda is lowered
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: what do all the auto x racers use....   what do all the auto x racers use.... Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2008, 6:02 pm

you stock ones are fine, and in your case, probably a very cheap alternative. I would only upgrade if you are noticing excessive brake fade ro glazing of the rotor. I've found that the ceramic ones usually work best when they are hot, so you might actually loose some braking ability if they are cold, but thats jsut my experience. If your wallet is feelign a little loose though, I would recomend upgrading to braided lines, slotted discs(NOT cross drilled, as they tend to crack aroudn the holes), and if you're feeling creative, route some brake cooling ducts.
Another plus to having stock brakes, is you get to learn what your car can do in stock form, and you can learn around your car's downsides? Thats just fancy wording for being cheap though haha.

Cliff notes: your brakes are probably fine the way they are, and only change them if you want to spend the cash, or are experiencing brake fade
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: what do all the auto x racers use....   what do all the auto x racers use.... Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2008, 11:34 pm

Falken Azenis rt 615 are cheap compared to some other tires and they wear just a bit better then some R compounds(according to reviews) never had them so can't say just wanted some honest answers
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: what do all the auto x racers use....   what do all the auto x racers use.... Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2008, 11:58 pm

I've been actually wanting to make a thread of Auto X pointers/tips, I shall do so right now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do all the auto x racers use....   what do all the auto x racers use.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what do all the auto x racers use....
Page 1 of 1