Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shipping Companies.

Go down 
+6
_....
CamJohns122
Piett
240sxy
corey
10 posters
AuthorMessage
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Shipping Companies. Empty
PostSubject: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 7:44 pm

Well I have plans in the near future of getting myself another car seeing as I got some extra funds. I need a shipping company that can bring a car from the California area to here. I had a company lined up but they quoted me $2300.00 to ship from cali to here, which is rather ridiclous! So let me know if anyone knows of any other companies.
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 7:57 pm

DO NOT GO THROUGH SEA RAIL!!!! they delivered my car... 3 weeks late... with the stereo stolen... mirror broken off... cigarette butts all over the car(which had never been smoked in). Just my experience though
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 8:01 pm

Fd3S wrote:
DO NOT GO THROUGH SEA RAIL!!!! they delivered my car... 3 weeks late... with the stereo stolen... mirror broken off... cigarette butts all over the car(which had never been smoked in). Just my experience though
Oh dear, "sea rail" alright got it!
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 8:10 pm

sea rail is hit or miss.

i know of a few people who have had terrible experiances.

i had my first car shipped here and it was a day early even.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 8:13 pm

Are they cheap as hell or what? And did they cover what they broke?

I am in no way lookin for a showroom quality car, what im wanting will shortly after be painted so.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 8:20 pm

corey what kind of car you thinking of bringing back from the states?

maybe my bros can help ya out
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 8:26 pm

JP wrote:
corey what kind of car you thinking of bringing back from the states?

maybe my bros can help ya out
Wanting to pick myself up a rustfree 240sx coupe.
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 8:34 pm

their insurance company replaced the stereo but nothing else. Finding a mirror for the car was a pain in the ass and they were dicks about the insurance too. It may have just been bad luck though cuz like 240sxy said i've heard a few people who had no complaints about em
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 8:42 pm

Where did the car come from and how much was shipping for you?! Just lookin to get some price understanding of what they charge.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 8:54 pm

Pick it up yourself find a cheap plan ride there or something or even parents Airmiles than drive it back
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 9:15 pm

It will have to be shipped. I don't really want to embark on going out there to pick the car up and such.
Back to top Go down
_....
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 10:05 pm

When I got my 180sx, Import Concern had it shipped to Regina from BC with Sea Rail. There was nothing wrong with the car when I got it. When they called to say it was in town and ready to be delivered to my house they were awesome about when they could bring it by so I would actually be there. I think that it was delivered to my house around 930pm which impressed me. The cost from BC was around $630 so it wasn't too bad.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 10:45 pm

Hmm well I sent a quote request to SEARAIL, so hopefully the amount isen't too bad.
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2008, 1:44 am

Just fly out and road trip it back, and of course document it all for our enjoyment.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2008, 7:45 pm

Nah, I am not up for something like that. It'd come out to be rather expensive considering hotel/food/gas/insurance/plane ticket. Plus the car will have to sit at the border for a few days for them to go through their vin checks and search the car. So working while it being shipped I will make alot of the money back and skip the huge hassle that could come with a trip out to california.
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

Number of posts : 319
Vehicle : 1991 Honda Civic
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2008, 7:53 pm

ya if anything goes wrong... youre in california
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2008, 8:10 pm

Nigel wrote:
ya if anything goes wrong... youre in california

win-win situation lol!
Back to top Go down
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

Number of posts : 654
Vehicle : 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 1:50 am

corey wrote:
Nah, I am not up for something like that. It'd come out to be rather expensive considering hotel/food/gas/insurance/plane ticket. Plus the car will have to sit at the border for a few days for them to go through their vin checks and search the car. So working while it being shipped I will make alot of the money back and skip the huge hassle that could come with a trip out to california.

What are you talking about, the car wouldnt have to sit at the border for a few days. You fax in your documents 3 days in advance, drive up on a mon-fri betweem 8-5. Get it checked, takes 20 minutes, you pay, your on your way.

And that quote of $2300 doesnt sound so far off, my car being shipped from Ontario (inside canada is cheaper than usa to canada) was just about $1000. So for california to regina, with all the customs stuff worked out doesn't sound so far off.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 1:54 am

Hm, I got a car shipped from Vancouver a few months ago and was just shy of $700. I'd go with that company again but they deal only in Canada.

The $2300 quote was for shipping only, that quote excluded the broker($400) + I'd have to pay all the taxesup and above that, so I figure it would have worked out to be over $3000.00 just to get the car here...
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2008, 11:10 pm

Well SEARAIL quoted me at $2400 so thats even more unreasonable. Any other possible shipping companies anyone know of that may be cheaper?
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2008, 12:12 am

just send it wrapped up in bubble wrap through fedex.

i'll take care of it.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2008, 12:20 am

240sxy wrote:
just send it wrapped up in bubble wrap through fedex.

i'll take care of it.
Ha I don't know why but I keep running through my mind I'd be able to ship myself to the car. I really dont think life works this way though, I must convince myself that...
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2008, 1:32 pm

I had my Surf shipped with SeaRail from Florida. (ya thats right, florida)

costed me 2500$ including brokerage. 350$ of that was BONDING fee because the vehicles was not technically allowed to be in the USA because its not 25 years old. The truck was fairly on time, but was covered in oil (car on top was leaking). service was meh.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2008, 1:40 pm

Serious? I don't understand the $2400 quote they gave me then. How long ago was this you got your surf shipped?
I'm pretty sure quite a few places upped the rates due to the huge boom in the economy in the last year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Companies.   Shipping Companies. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shipping Companies.
Page 1 of 1