Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Movie Making

Go down 
+2
Black
CamJohns122
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 9:41 pm

Anyone else into media production and movie making and stuff? well i am and i just built a steady cam today and OMG it was dirt cheap and works wonders. i recommend anyone who uses a video camera to make one.

Also what kind of programs are people using
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 9:46 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
i just built a steady cam today

lol what is this?
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 9:52 pm

JBlack09 wrote:
CamJohns122 wrote:
i just built a steady cam today

lol what is this?

a piece of equipment that allows the user to run around with his camera and have a steady shot it works really well too
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 10:15 pm

I've gota mount that mount to the passenger side headrest, so I can film sweet drivign action haha. cost me $15 and works great. Get creative and make your own.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 10:26 pm

Shift_Now wrote:
I've gota mount that mount to the passenger side headrest, so I can film sweet drivign action haha. cost me $15 and works great. Get creative and make your own.

lol alright thatll be my next project maybe id rather something i can mount outside the window to get behind shots and also shots near the tire and road etc.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 10:51 pm

Shift_Now wrote:
That is actually very cool! When I get my next car and attend auto X events we should hook it up.
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 11:04 pm

Shift_Now wrote:

Any videos you can post?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 11:18 pm

none that re any decent. I haven't made it out to the track this year unfortunately. When I do though, I'll have to remember it, and I'll do it up
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 11:34 pm

Shift_Now wrote:
none that re any decent. I haven't made it out to the track this year unfortunately. When I do though, I'll have to remember it, and I'll do it up
When you do take me along! I'm great moral support and have lots of enthusasim when I tell stories.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 11:49 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
Anyone else into media production and movie making and stuff? well i am and i just built a steady cam today and OMG it was dirt cheap and works wonders. i recommend anyone who uses a video camera to make one.

Also what kind of programs are people using

Yah I guess you can say I am into media production. Very Happy

Program wise, I use final cut pro and after effects.

What do you use?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 11:52 pm

i used a panasonic SDR h18 its obviosuly not the greatest but it gets me by and makes some good videos
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 12:11 am

What do you edit on? PC or mac? What program do you use for editing? Where did you learn?
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 12:13 am

I use Pinnacle Studio Ultimate right now because well i cant afford any of those 900 dollar programs, I edit with a PC better in my mind not a fan of Macs so so much and im self taught pretty much learning every time.

I plan to pursue this for my secondary education which is why i must sell my car cause im hoping to move to vancouver or alberta
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 12:17 am

Good for you, what aspect of film do you want to work in? What schools are you thinking of?

If you like editing you will want to learn either final cut or Avid. For yourself right now see if you can find a copy of Sony Vegas. My PC using friends swear by it.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 12:21 am

Iono i want to work in music video or that sorta thing like media communications, or something along those lines i also do some audio to as well because i play guitar and what not. I am interested in the arts institute of vancouver, and or the Alberta School of art and editing and if worse comes to worse ill take a year or two at siast than go onto those schools.

And yeah i use final cut at school and stuff but could not afford it for home use. I was looking at sony vegas but ultimatly chose pinnacle cause theyre extremely the same and pinnacle acutally came with more for the same price, but if i dont like it ill look into vegas
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 12:28 am

Don't take the class at Siast, depending on what you want to do with music videos and such I might be able to give you some advice, if you like of course. Audio recording is not really my department. But if you are interested in directing or editing or the creative process I might be able to help you out.

I think one of my friends looked into audio recording, but are you talking for like films or music industry?
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 12:30 am

yeha i wouldnt pursue audio recording its a dying business im talking like CDs and musicians recording and why not the class at siast even just to get started. And of course advice is always welcome
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 12:36 am

Well Siast for multimedia is the garbage, all of their media is. They are going to give you a book and tell you to teach yourself. I have talked to several people who said it was a waste. technical stuff I would recommend going away but you have to refine exactly what it is you want to do in the technical part as those classes are very very specific. That can be good and bad.

But if you are interested in overall film making that is where I really shine!
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 12:38 am

well hmm like what do you mean refine what options do i have in the video editing sort of area. I have aback up plan involving web design andshit but video editing is wha ti wanna do
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 12:44 am

Now do you want to edit your own stuff or your own? do you like writing and the idea of creating your stuff?

I'll be honest I am not to familiar with the alberta school that you speak of. If you had deep pockets I would recommend VFS or some places out east. However, that is probably not an option.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 12:46 am

1eightySX wrote:
Now do you want to edit your own stuff or your own? do you like writing and the idea of creating your stuff?

I'll be honest I am not to familiar with the alberta school that you speak of. If you had deep pockets I would recommend VFS or some places out east. However, that is probably not an option.

Haha true iono i like to do a bit of everything i love writing my own stuff but for other peoples stuff like i wouldnt wanna edit someones movie they already have a vision for but id love to make a movie for someones song or such thing you know, also photo editing and advertsiment come to mind as things i would like to do using video and what not.

I wish i had deep pockets but if theres a will theres a way so i think i could work something maybe.

Also just a question any idea what the market and what not is like for these types of jobs
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 12:53 am

There is a market out there, however the absence of corner gas is going to be a problem. Work depends on a few things but it is there, you can score some decent jobs.

My next bit of info is going to be biased but whatever. How do you feel about being a fine arts student? Did you know that the U of R has a media production course?
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 12:56 am

1eightySX wrote:
There is a market out there, however the absence of corner gas is going to be a problem. Work depends on a few things but it is there, you can score some decent jobs.

My next bit of info is going to be biased but whatever. How do you feel about being a fine arts student? Did you know that the U of R has a media production course?

yeah i mean i work where work is i suppose im just saying i want a Career not a job you know, also how is that biased and i did not know they have a media produciton course? is it any good and im worried about my marks because U of R is biased and may reject me because of high school marks
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 1:03 am

It is biased because I am a grad of of their program. I liked it some people didn't however it is what you make of it. You do everything and you become well versed in the art of film. Some grads have gone on to become editors, writers, directors, producers or just crew members but some don't do anything. Some of my friends used it as a building block and went west or east to further their education.

What are your grades?
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 1:08 am

Lets just say my grades arent great i mean its not that im stupid or anything i just have alot of trouble staying focused on classes i do not enjoy and such but who doesnt this year albeit has been not the greatest yet tho thats for sure average is prob around the 70 range could be higher ill find out next week lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Movie Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Making   Movie Making Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie Making
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next