Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wait, wait! you don't belong in there

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

wait, wait! you  don't belong in there Empty
PostSubject: wait, wait! you don't belong in there   wait, wait! you  don't belong in there Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 5:34 pm

so, I was driving home from bucks today, and then out of no where I hear a BANG! thud thud thud. Of course, I tihnk I jsut destroyed my transfew case, so I was absolutely pissed. But turns out I just destroyed my diff, high fives all around! Here are some pictures of what I found at the bottom...
wait, wait! you  don't belong in there 00110
more to come when the pain stops haha
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: wait, wait! you don't belong in there   wait, wait! you  don't belong in there Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 5:36 pm

Could Sunday possibly have contributed to these findings? Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: wait, wait! you don't belong in there   wait, wait! you  don't belong in there Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 6:21 pm

well, when we were heading out to the concrete farm, it made a loud BANG, but then the noise kind of went away, and I didn;t thin much of it. But, I've gota solution for this break... ARC WELDER. yes, you heard my correct, I'm goign ot wel up those spider gears on the inside (turns out the kid welded it up before I bought it, but he was pretty confident of his welds, They are tiny little things), so I'm goign ot busy out the heavy-duty arc welder we have, and do a proper job. I will own the off-road when we are done haha.
Back to top Go down
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

Number of posts : 379
Vehicle : 93 Bird
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: wait, wait! you don't belong in there   wait, wait! you  don't belong in there Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2008, 11:50 pm

What is it? just random metal crap?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: wait, wait! you don't belong in there   wait, wait! you  don't belong in there Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2008, 1:07 pm

well, the previous owner thought it was a good idea to welf up the gears in the diff (so they both turned at hte same speed), and thsi meatl piece was the metal we welded the gears? He did a terrible job, and his welds look like he used a mig welder... So yeasterday, I buster otu hte old arc welder, cleaned all the crap out of it... and welded it all up, very solidly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wait, wait! you don't belong in there   wait, wait! you  don't belong in there Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wait, wait! you don't belong in there
Page 1 of 1