Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OOP Inspection

Go down 
+16
Heretic
Moneypits
jdm_itr
JSharp
240sxy
Bjohnson
Zimm
T-Fel
nguyen306
kyles_r32
locked2
Rob
james
bogan
1eightySX
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

Number of posts : 1718
Vehicle : MKII Jetta
Registration date : 2009-09-12

OOP Inspection - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2012, 2:48 am

Ahh well I could always buy a Volvo C30 it has all the base guts from a euro Focus ST which the RS is based off of, and it's in an arguably more grown up body. Definitely want to get into a another 2 door hatch for my next daily. Volvo C30, Audi TT, GTi, I love the EP3 Civic too, but it would have to have the proper K20 swapped in.

Not too many proper 2 door hot hatches left out there, they are all Sub Compact class micro cars like the Accent, Yaris, etc. Also like the Mazdaspeed 3, and WRX wagon though. 4 doors are helpful the rare times I do take both kids in my car.
Back to top Go down
MacSkank
Rank 5
Rank 5

Number of posts : 556
Vehicle : Longboard
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2012, 2:58 pm

A 2002 EP3 with 132xxx km just went at McDougall auction for 4600 today.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2012, 6:09 pm

ek hatch with k20a ftmfw
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2012, 6:26 pm

l o l
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2012, 4:08 pm

I love that video, long live the underdogs!

There is nothing better then walking away from a car you shouldn't, and in that cars case with a all motor 4cyl too. cheers
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2012, 6:44 pm

Heretic wrote:

There is nothing better then walking away from a car you shouldn't, and in that cars case with a all motor 4cyl too. cheers
and its basically stock haha
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2012, 7:24 pm

jdm_itr wrote:
Heretic wrote:

theres no interior at all and i bet the supra has full interior and alot of lag
Back to top Go down
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

Number of posts : 1871
Vehicle : 2001 Honda S2000
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2012, 8:07 pm

Noops wrote:
jdm_itr wrote:
Heretic wrote:

theres no interior at all and i bet the supra has full interior and alot of lag

this right up here ^ is a typical response from someone who is very very choked. lol.
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2012, 8:15 pm

GUY im so CHOKED lol i just like arguing for the sake of arguing.
does it bother you?
Back to top Go down
nguyen306
Rank 4
Rank 4
nguyen306

Number of posts : 396
Vehicle : Space Craft
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2012, 9:21 pm

all 3 of the cars are slooow, that video doesn't justify any of the other cars. kswap ftw, but the car itself looks like my balls in -40 weather
Back to top Go down
MacSkank
Rank 5
Rank 5

Number of posts : 556
Vehicle : Longboard
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2012, 11:47 am

nguyen306 wrote:
but the car itself looks like my balls in -40 weather

Non existant?
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2012, 5:52 pm

and...... Pass. new car to drive!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2012, 5:56 pm

What did you get?
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2012, 2:38 am

I bought a 1993 Toyota Celsior, with all the fun extras.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2012, 3:06 am

Are the Japanese models the same 4.0 V8/Automatic that the Lexus got?

Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2012, 1:21 pm

Yeah they are the same. The differences are in the trim, mine is a CF trim (I think that is what they call it) it comes with rear seat massagers, rear seat heaters and recliners and power everything. It also has independent stereo and climate controls in the back, mine still even has the stock celsior earphones I also have rabbit ears on the back to pick up analogue T.V. signals. It came with a cloth interior because apparently the Japanese don't like leather interiors. Both the LS and Celsior have air shocks, which means I just need to find a controller so I can adjust the ride height.

I had to switch the windshield on the car. I took it to Mike's auto glass and it was just under 300 to swap it out. The Celsior matches up pretty close to the LS which is good because the windshields matched up and made it easy to replace it. Apparently, Soarers and Aristos windshields don't match up with their american counterparts.

Back to top Go down
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

Vehicle : 2001 Honda S2000
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2012, 3:01 pm

1eightySX wrote:
which means I just need to find a controller so I can adjust the ride height.

can doing this risk the failure of a bag? I know on Jesse's one of his was leaking.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2012, 3:48 pm

Bjohnson wrote:
1eightySX wrote:
which means I just need to find a controller so I can adjust the ride height.

can doing this risk the failure of a bag? I know on Jesse's one of his was leaking.

Well time can also cause failure to the part, they wear out like anything else. Some people switch to Coils, others switch to airbags and others just buy back ups of the stock ones. If you do keep the stock set up you just sure never drive with it in super low mode.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2012, 4:02 pm

They came with leather tho, like my celsior

Glad you got one tho there fun cars and I loved the Presidents Edition such a thug car,

youll hate the mileage but im sure your used to poor gas mileage vehicles
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2012, 4:08 pm

Yes they did come with leather but lots of the Japanese preferred the cloth interior. I read somewhere in Japan you paid more to not get leather. I could be wrong but leather is considered a bigger deal over here than it is here.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2012, 5:29 pm

My audi has airbags too. They have been very troublesome. They seem like a great idea, but our climate is hell on them. Really cold winters, and really hot summers. I've had to replace every single air bag, and just 2 days ago the pump started to act up. Won't kick in when it's cold, and when I warmed it up in the garage with the heat cranked to 25c, it started up but was rattling. So I'll be surprised if I can pull that repair off for under $500. Mad

I have all Arnott stuff in my Audi now, I checked for Lexus stuff, but they only make coil conversion kits for it. Which is a shame because there stuff is top notch.

http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_LEXUS_Air_Suspension_Parts_yid7.html

But they do sell universal controllers/inflation systems and air pumps which you could probably make work for you.

http://www.arnottairsuspension.com/products/categoryDetails.asp?catId=14

OEM Audi Stuff
OOP Inspection - Page 3 10095712

OEM Uses Continental Rubber for the bag, which is a great company in my mind.
OOP Inspection - Page 3 1009572c

OOP Inspection - Page 3 1009579

Arnott Replacement Bag
OOP Inspection - Page 3 10095452

OOP Inspection - Page 3 1009554

OOP Inspection - Page 3 1009547

For the Audi they even very recently came out with a Performance air bag, that can handle be dumped all the time. (which I don't do on that car. so wouldn't even have been worth it for my application. Actually I'm raised up from stock height a touch.)

OOP Inspection - Page 3 File1c
OOP Inspection - Page 3 File2w
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2012, 6:01 pm

I had been to their site and read lots about them. It is too bad they don't make stuff for the 93 LS400. I wonder what temperature real air suspension is good til...
Back to top Go down
james
Rank 2
Rank 2
james

Number of posts : 94
Vehicle : Corrado
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2012, 7:40 pm

Air suspension is fine in any temperature as long as you take the necessary precautions. Semis run it all year round. Just use some air brake anti-freeze in the lines and you should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2012, 3:44 am

Ha I work in Logistics, just a few days ago when it was -30/-45 with the wind chill we had to break apart a set of doubles and drop a trailer in Davidson, all because air wasn't getting to the back trailer.

It can work fine (as it has been on the Audi and our trucks so far this winter) but very cold weather causes problems. Semi's more so, broken glad hands, lines, airbags that won't fill, brakes that won't come off.

In the Audi's case, the pumps is original. It would probably work fine if it was brand new. The rattle tells me the clearances have gone to shit.

Also my Mazda MPV had rear air shocks, and in winter every morning it would be squatting like a dog . In summer it never leaked out.
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2012, 12:38 pm

Heretic wrote:
Ha I work in Logistics, just a few days ago when it was -30/-45 with the wind chill we had to break apart a set of doubles and drop a trailer in Davidson, all because air wasn't getting to the back trailer.

It can work fine (as it has been on the Audi and our trucks so far this winter) but very cold weather causes problems. Semi's more so, broken glad hands, lines, airbags that won't fill, brakes that won't come off.

In the Audi's case, the pumps is original. It would probably work fine if it was brand new. The rattle tells me the clearances have gone to shit.

Also my Mazda MPV had rear air shocks, and in winter every morning it would be squatting like a dog . In summer it never leaked out.

My favourite is -35 with a frozen leveling valve stuck open and dumping all of the air out of the system eventually leading to a truck that can't move due to the brakes engaging. Fun times in the middle of McDonald Street during lunch hour rush. Smile

Last edited by Golks on January 22nd 2012, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OOP Inspection
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next