Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OOP Inspection

Go down 
+16
Heretic
Moneypits
jdm_itr
JSharp
240sxy
Bjohnson
Zimm
T-Fel
nguyen306
kyles_r32
locked2
Rob
james
bogan
1eightySX
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 12:34 pm

I haven't had to do anything like this in a while. So where have you guys had luck with this?

Oh p.s. it is a right hand drive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
bogan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2010-05-23

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 1:32 pm

rudys brakes and steering have done every OOP/mechanical safety I have ever needed since 2005
Back to top Go down
james
Rank 2
Rank 2
james

Number of posts : 94
Vehicle : Corrado
Registration date : 2010-08-02

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 4:43 pm

Rudys made me put DOT approved tires on my car instead of the japanese ones it had, I wouldn't use them again.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 7:20 pm

I took my car to frame and wheel. no issues
Back to top Go down
bogan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2010-05-23

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 7:34 pm

james wrote:
Rudys made me put DOT approved tires on my car instead of the japanese ones it had, I wouldn't use them again.

that is beccause they were not DOT haha, its like saying they made you put seat belts and brake pads in your car.

Its not them its SGI guide lines that state you need DOT tires. One huge plus to rudys is the fact they have a drive on alignment machine verse a hoist.
Back to top Go down
james
Rank 2
Rank 2
james

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 9:07 pm

I didn't see it on the inspection form. Frankly that is a pretty bs move, a lot of people get through without changing the tires.
Back to top Go down
locked2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2008-11-15

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 9:43 pm

Lets create one thread for people to complain in when a car failed a SGI mechanical inspection for a legitamate reason...
Back to top Go down
kyles_r32
Rank 4
Rank 4
kyles_r32

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2009-07-27

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 10:05 pm

im also in the need for a oop inspection.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 10:22 pm

james wrote:
I didn't see it on the inspection form. Frankly that is a pretty bs move, a lot of people get through without changing the tires.

You can be towed, or "possibly" have to get an inspection for not having DOT tires. Although cops will probably only target people running slicks as they are easy to spot
Back to top Go down
nguyen306
Rank 4
Rank 4
nguyen306

Number of posts : 396
Vehicle : Space Craft
Registration date : 2009-01-21

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 11:27 pm

Rudy doesn't do RHD inspections.. But as always Fountain Tire on Henderson, even though they are under new ownership a while back, they are the most lenient. I wish I would've took my car there. I took my car to minute muffler, and they nailed me with so much stupid shit. Then jadan took his evo to fountain tire, and it was a breeze.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 12:54 am

nguyen306 wrote:
Rudy doesn't do RHD inspections.. But as always Fountain Tire on Henderson, even though they are under new ownership a while back, they are the most lenient. I wish I would've took my car there. I took my car to minute muffler, and they nailed me with so much stupid shit. Then jadan took his evo to fountain tire, and it was a breeze.

Cool, thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

Number of posts : 768
Vehicle : 92 Del Sol SIR/ 90 Silvia S13 K's
Registration date : 2010-03-31

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 9:35 am

Still a strong ass believer in Fountain tire on henderson... like he said under new managment but still amazingly decent to deal with... Jessica's car had to go through inspections last summer here for a police incident (car being to loud, and burnt out signal) which they decided required full mechanical. It passed fairly easy a few odds and ends but where really easy to look the other way on some stuff. I have also heard good things about battery depot for rhd but never had anything go thru there maybe someone else can elaborate on that... but especially with rhd vehicles even at the easiest places expect to fail at least 1 time... They do that to keep SGI off their asses for being to easy and letting everything through... usually if you fail for something random its because that exact reason so dont get dis-couraged.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodologic.ca
nguyen306
Rank 4
Rank 4
nguyen306

Number of posts : 396
Vehicle : Space Craft
Registration date : 2009-01-21

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 10:49 am

Im sure everyone knows that T-fel. lol
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 10:50 am

do they Suspect
Back to top Go down
Zimm
Rank 6
Rank 6
Zimm

Number of posts : 856
Vehicle : 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS
Registration date : 2010-04-14

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 11:16 am

theres really no super easy places to go to anymore SGI got to tough and started shuttin people down.. and anyplace ya go to will ding u for non dot tires especially japanese ones.. I had to change mine when i got my safety done and they were pretty easy on me!

but dont go to minute muffler albert street there tough, i heard hyundai may be good also not sure
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 11:40 am

Why the fuck does everyone want their car to breeze through a safety inspection with no hiccups? If my car is on the road I sure as hell hope it, and all the other cars on the road are FIT TO BE ON THE ROAD.
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 11:52 am

lol not here man have you seen half the rusted out shit on the roads?
Back to top Go down
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

Number of posts : 1871
Vehicle : 2001 Honda S2000
Registration date : 2009-07-11

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 12:53 pm

T-Fel wrote:
lol not here man have you seen half the rusted out shit on the roads?

Those cars haven't gone through safety inspections because they are SK cars and have never needed one. Also bitching about having to put DOT tires on your car has too be a joke. If you go through your own car prior to safety and make sure everything is tip top then you should have no worries taking it to any safety place.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 1:46 pm

bahrx7 wrote:
Why the fuck does everyone want their car to breeze through a safety inspection with no hiccups? If my car is on the road I sure as hell hope it, and all the other cars on the road are FIT TO BE ON THE ROAD.

I don't expect anyone to pass an unsafe car. My 180 got through on its first try but that was a long time ago. I have spoken with mechanics that don't have a sniff about RHD and pretty much refuse to safety them. I know some places take it upon themselves to keep RHD's off the road. I am just looking for a fair inspection.

The car has been driven in Alberta for the last year and went through safety at that time as well. It has new winter tires on it and new brakes, the timing belt was done.

Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 6:25 pm

james wrote:

Bjohnson wrote:
Also bitching about having to put DOT tires on your car has too be a joke. If you go through your own car prior to safety and make sure everything is tip top then you should have no worries taking it to any safety place.

no kidding. james you have got to be the biggest dbag i have ever known of. when i bought both my rhd's from out of province, they both have non-dot tires which were the FIRST things i changed as soon as i got them back into the city. it doesnt take an IQ of 10 to feel the NEED to do that.

Back to top Go down
james
Rank 2
Rank 2
james

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 7:07 pm

Why the fuck would I feel the `NEED` to replace a Japanese certified good condition toyo tire? Dipshit. Do you actually think the american DOT certification is any more stringent than the Japanese certification? I realize why they want all tires to be certified (In this case they choose American certification), but if you think there is an actual safety benefit between a Japanese market tire and one sold here you confirm my suspicions that you have an extra chromosome.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 7:29 pm

my name is james and i bitch and moan and my pussy is sore because i had to buy DOT tires when clearly rules and regulations shouldnt apply to me. bitches didnt know THIS IS A CORRADO? who do they think they are.
Back to top Go down
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

Number of posts : 1871
Vehicle : 2001 Honda S2000
Registration date : 2009-07-11

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 9:05 pm

Another round of great proven points and comments by James, clap clap...
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 11:04 pm

Alright, so....

How about headlights? Did anybody ever have to change the headlights to the DOT certified ones?
Back to top Go down
JSharp
Rank 8
Rank 8
JSharp

Number of posts : 1577
Vehicle : 2002 Yamaha R1, 2003 Nissan 350z, 2005 Yamaha R6
Registration date : 2008-05-19

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 11:19 pm

1eightySX wrote:
Alright, so....

How about headlights? Did anybody ever have to change the headlights to the DOT certified ones?

fountain tire by east costco said all the lights in my skyline needed to all be changed to DOT certified.... I paid for the inspection and went elsewhere for better luck...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OOP Inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOP Inspection   OOP Inspection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OOP Inspection
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next