HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9


Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 11th 2011, 9:50 am

Moneypits wrote:
sell it and buy the new 5.0 stang prob cheaper in the end less headaches and already comes with alot more horsepower and torque

+1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
avatar

Number of posts : 680
Vehicle : 09' Mustang GT & 94' Nissan Silvia
Location : Calgary ,AB
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 11th 2011, 5:04 pm

i will be roughly 500-550whp when i am done my build, and for less than half the cost of what a BASE model 5.0 is, not that i don't love the 5.0 i am sure i will own one when they come down in price a little.

also i want to build the car myself, do the project myself, that's 60% of the reason i am going this route.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
avatar

Number of posts : 1788
Age : 26
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 11th 2011, 6:05 pm

getting ass fucked never felt soo good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bahrx7
Rank 7
Rank 7


Number of posts : 1219
Age : 26
Location : Regina
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 11th 2011, 7:12 pm

No Offense, but it really sounds like you have no idea what you wanna do at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
avatar

Number of posts : 1788
Age : 26
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 11th 2011, 7:14 pm

evan if this was facebook id like ur comment
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8


Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 11th 2011, 7:15 pm

duggyb wrote:
i will be roughly 500-550whp when i am done my build, and for less than half the cost of what a BASE model 5.0 is, not that i don't love the 5.0 i am sure i will own one when they come down in price a little.

also i want to build the car myself, do the project myself, that's 60% of the reason i am going this route.

I said cheaper in the end, maybe not cheaper this year but just remember what your getting yourself into.

Or you can man up buy the new boss 302 which is N/A faster round Mazda Laguna Seca than M3, R35 GTR, R8 etc etc etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
avatar

Number of posts : 680
Vehicle : 09' Mustang GT & 94' Nissan Silvia
Location : Calgary ,AB
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 11th 2011, 7:28 pm

Moneypits wrote:
duggyb wrote:
i will be roughly 500-550whp when i am done my build, and for less than half the cost of what a BASE model 5.0 is, not that i don't love the 5.0 i am sure i will own one when they come down in price a little.

also i want to build the car myself, do the project myself, that's 60% of the reason i am going this route.

I said cheaper in the end, maybe not cheaper this year but just remember what your getting yourself into.

Or you can man up buy the new boss 302 which is N/A faster round Mazda Laguna Seca than M3, R35 GTR, R8 etc etc etc

i still disagree, there is NO WAY i am going to tie 40k or even 35k up in this car, it wont happen, even if i did a fully built N/A and a forced induction setup, and blew the motor twice in it as well as added on a slough of other problems.

i am aware there is going to be problems,lots of them. its all part of the fun, so i think i am well aware of what i am getting myself into.

and yes i am undecided on what i want to do, aside from the fact that i know i am going to build a car, sell it and buy something different, its all part of the game.

also i would have thought you'd be more realistic than to recommend a car of which is clearly going to sell over its already overpriced MSRP due to their limited production of only 225 units.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8


Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 11th 2011, 7:51 pm

How much did you buy the car for?

and sorry for being unrealistic :S

"the Mustang Boss 302 model will be built for two years (2012 & 2013) with 4,000 models produced each year." - ya your right 225 models being produced
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
avatar

Number of posts : 1526
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 11th 2011, 8:40 pm

hahaha oh Cam....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
avatar

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 11th 2011, 9:04 pm

i agree.
quick questions with no offence intended. why did you buy a block, instead of just throwing a supercharger on it? with that money you could be having alot of fun regardless since your motor is already prepped for boost? i thought thats what your original plan was in the first place.
hence why everytime i talk to you i ask "did you get a supercharger already??" haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
avatar

Number of posts : 680
Vehicle : 09' Mustang GT & 94' Nissan Silvia
Location : Calgary ,AB
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 11th 2011, 9:25 pm

Moneypits wrote:
How much did you buy the car for?

and sorry for being unrealistic :S

"the Mustang Boss 302 model will be built for two years (2012 & 2013) with 4,000 models produced each year." - ya your right 225 models being produced

sorry got excited and read laguna seca in your post, didn't know you meant the track, also going off old speculation data of 225 per year, which they have now bumped to 500 per year

either way its a 40-50k car without laguna seca package. i personally don't see that realistic for me, but maybe i am wrong.

as for being prepped for boost, if you read my thread i just stated that certain nice little things were done, like i already have fittings drilled into oil pan, dual fuel pumps installed, a tuner,39lb injectors(which looks like now i may need bigger) and things moved around in the engine to accommodate a turbo(if i go that way)(power steering.etc etc)

the stock block can still only handle 450whp and that's only moderately safe, some guys have blown them at 400whp in a week. i want to be able to handle 500whp safe, hence the block

i bought the short-block for an unreal price, i didn't even dip into my supercharger fund, hence why i bought it.

at this point in all honesty i am 90% leaning towards both, its my car, my project and by the looks of it i will have both a built(forged) N/A engine, with stock heads,mild port work,over sized valves maybe and some FI cam and springs as well as much choice of forced induction(which tends to change daily haha

topic closed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
avatar

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 11th 2011, 9:27 pm

ive seen a 5.0 with 2,000 kms on it advertised a few months ago for 32,000. And i dont think that stock TR3650 and clutch will hold 500+ whp for very long.


And whats good for 450hp? The block or the rotating assembly? im confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
avatar

Number of posts : 680
Vehicle : 09' Mustang GT & 94' Nissan Silvia
Location : Calgary ,AB
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 11th 2011, 9:29 pm

Rob wrote:
ive seen a 5.0 with 2,000 kms on it advertised a few months ago for 32,000. And i dont think that stock TR3650 and clutch will hold 500+ whp for very long.

:facepalm: i forgot i know nothing about S197s, or the 3v engine,like i didnt own one before or something and have done absolutely no research whatsoever, i just decided to buy a car and slap parts together.

my bad, i should have gotten a 5.0

goodbye.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
c.mayer
Rank 4
Rank 4


Number of posts : 264
Vehicle : Delica, 2004 harley custom
Location : Regina
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 12th 2011, 8:28 am

Forged pistons for a N/A build wont last long with boost though. Why not just decide what you want before, and then not spend time comprimising?

Not being rude, just saying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
avatar

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 12th 2011, 10:39 am

I feel like Dustin did his research and it makes sense to him. I know if I was sitting on stack of cash I would be bouncing around a few ideas for my car. I don't really understand why we get all up in arms when someone buys a new car but it isn't the most expensive one.

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dodo-logic.ca
jdm_itr
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 4480
Age : 31
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Location : southey yo
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 12th 2011, 1:48 pm

1eightySX wrote:
I feel like Dustin did his research and it makes sense to him. I know if I was sitting on stack of cash I would be bouncing around a few ideas for my car. I don't really understand why we get all up in arms when someone buys a new car but it isn't the most expensive one.

Just my two cents.
jealousy

_________________
99 Integra Type R

00 honda civic
DODO-LOGIC.ca
corey wrote:
adrian= first ban victim of 2011

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3334679
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jdm_itr
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 4480
Age : 31
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Location : southey yo
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 23rd 2011, 12:20 am


_________________
99 Integra Type R

00 honda civic
DODO-LOGIC.ca
corey wrote:
adrian= first ban victim of 2011

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3334679
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
avatar

Number of posts : 1871
Age : 25
Vehicle : 2001 Honda S2000
Location : Regina
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 23rd 2011, 12:31 am

Ya Kyle i'd love for your ITR to be running to...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jdm_itr
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 4480
Age : 31
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Location : southey yo
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 23rd 2011, 12:32 am

im gunna start working on it soonish once its actually warm out start tucking and getting rid of shit i dont need or want

_________________
99 Integra Type R

00 honda civic
DODO-LOGIC.ca
corey wrote:
adrian= first ban victim of 2011

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3334679
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
avatar

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Location : Regina
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 24th 2011, 12:45 am

jdm_itr wrote:
im gunna start working on it soonish once its actually warm out start tucking and getting rid of shit i dont need or want
what tucking and getting rid of shit your talking about. FOCUS bro. get it fixed and running. no need to tuck if it aint coming out of your garage.
put priorities straight...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
jdm_itr
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 4480
Age : 31
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Location : southey yo
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 24th 2011, 2:52 am

lu!$ wrote:
jdm_itr wrote:
im gunna start working on it soonish once its actually warm out start tucking and getting rid of shit i dont need or want
what tucking and getting rid of shit your talking about. FOCUS bro. get it fixed and running. no need to tuck if it aint coming out of your garage.
put priorities straight...
lol i have no money once i get some flo then ill start the build i just wanna do everything at once and do it write the first time

_________________
99 Integra Type R

00 honda civic
DODO-LOGIC.ca
corey wrote:
adrian= first ban victim of 2011

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3334679
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bogan
Rank 4
Rank 4


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2010-05-23

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 24th 2011, 9:43 am

jdm_itr wrote:
lu!$ wrote:
jdm_itr wrote:
im gunna start working on it soonish once its actually warm out start tucking and getting rid of shit i dont need or want
what tucking and getting rid of shit your talking about. FOCUS bro. get it fixed and running. no need to tuck if it aint coming out of your garage.
put priorities straight...
lol i have no money once i get some flo then ill start the build i just wanna do everything at once and do it write the first time


how about your try and spell it right the first time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zimm
Rank 6
Rank 6
avatar

Number of posts : 856
Vehicle : 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS
Location : Regina
Registration date : 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 24th 2011, 10:19 am

i need a harness bar and a harness anyone know where i can get one from...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
avatar

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Location : Regina, Saskatchewan
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 24th 2011, 11:41 am

takata? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zimm
Rank 6
Rank 6
avatar

Number of posts : 856
Vehicle : 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS
Location : Regina
Registration date : 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   March 24th 2011, 11:53 am

im to cheap for those lol.... performance plus in stoon has a set
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: ----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----   

Back to top Go down
 
----- The parts you want/NEED thread! -----
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Parts washer fluid
» Parts List for the Conversion
» "Restoration Parts" feedback thread
» Plog!! (power log thread)
» best sites to find parts for ae82 sadans

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: