Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wheels....

Go down 
+9
JSharp
240sxy
Golks
subbie
1eightySX
Heretic
Sleypr
abs0Lut
dr.dub
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

Number of posts : 1718
Vehicle : MKII Jetta
Registration date : 2009-09-12

wheels.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheels....   wheels.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 10:16 am

Yeah sorry I should Clarify, I was thinking of the SSR one piece wheels. The more common sizes of SSR one piece wheels would be readily available. SSR makes 2 & 3pc wheels to order just like Work.

SSR actually makes some of the sickest wheels money can buy, it's weird they are not more popular. I personally prefer their wheels to Work wheels. I love the MKII and MKIII, but they are in a price range I just could not justify spending on an ugly 25 year old VW. That's like a couple of Mortgage payments... No

wheels.... - Page 2 Ssr

P.S. I call racism on my signature being removed! Adrian has a stoopid (ya stoopid, not stupid) signature and his hasn't been removed. It's because I'm black isn't it?
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: wheels....   wheels.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 10:39 am

Yeah but it was Adrian's idea, so it is funny. His sig is like the Alec Baldwin of sigs, yours was more like the Billy Baldwin... We all got where you were going with it but it has no business being there. Smile

SSR are pretty popular but the price range makes them a little bit harder to obtain. Used ones are just as bad, the not so good sizes and offsets are the only ones you find for reasonable prices.

On a personal note, my works wheels were easy enough to come by. But due to the sizing, the 4X114.3 were pretty much special order and now the more popular 5X114.3 (17X9.5 + 17) are harder to come by.... this led to me getting the 18's which at the time seemed to be last pair of that sizing sitting with that distributor. I don't know if there is only one Works distributor in NA or not but it seemed that way when I was ordereing.

The point of this rambling is, regardless of it being one piece or three piece - decent Japanese Wheels in good sizes can be hard to come by, unless you have more $$$.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: wheels....   wheels.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 10:54 am

But the one thing we all love is wheels.

Of any kind, like Boobies we can''t get enough. We just want to have them all, and touch them all and give them all a test fit!
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: wheels....   wheels.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 11:24 am

your sig heretic went too far
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: wheels....   wheels.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2011, 12:03 pm

I'm a habitual line stepper.

Also I'm 31 going 16. I've pretty much refuse to grow up, because being old sucks. Suspect

Also since this thread is about wheels. I'm thinking I should forget those 15x9, and go with a 15x8 et0, I'll have a lot better chance fitting them. Fronts is another story. I had 15x7's et30's in the front before, and they just barely rubbed over bigger bumps (195/50-15). So I'm thinking maybe split the difference 15x7 et15, and I can shave the fender lip down more, and run 195/45-15's. Question
Back to top Go down
swift101
Rank 3
Rank 3
swift101

Number of posts : 227
Vehicle : 2005 Civic
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: wheels....   wheels.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2011, 6:59 pm

Works for the JDM Festiva?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wheels....   wheels.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wheels....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2