Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

like drifting pt2

Go down 
+8
1eightySX
240sxy
Spooled
Zimm
Heretic
Bjohnson
MacSkank
bogan
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bogan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2010-05-23

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2010, 6:15 pm

check out these mad drifting skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6VCYDm25UI
Back to top Go down
MacSkank
Rank 5
Rank 5

Number of posts : 556
Vehicle : Longboard
Registration date : 2010-05-27

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2010, 8:32 pm

Hellll yeah thats some real driftingggg
Back to top Go down
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

Number of posts : 1871
Vehicle : 2001 Honda S2000
Registration date : 2009-07-11

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2010, 8:36 pm

wow that was the most boring thing ever. By halfway i was hoping it was a video where some creepy exorcist pops onto the screen...
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

Number of posts : 1718
Vehicle : MKII Jetta
Registration date : 2009-09-12

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2010, 9:33 pm

Lawnmower Drifting?

Something?
Back to top Go down
MacSkank
Rank 5
Rank 5

Number of posts : 556
Vehicle : Longboard
Registration date : 2010-05-27

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 9:02 am

Bjohnson wrote:
wow that was the most boring thing ever. By halfway i was hoping it was a video where some creepy exorcist pops onto the screen...

??
Back to top Go down
Zimm
Rank 6
Rank 6
Zimm

Number of posts : 856
Vehicle : 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS
Registration date : 2010-04-14

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 12:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Spooled
Rank 3
Rank 3
Spooled

Number of posts : 156
Vehicle : Toy Cars
Registration date : 2009-09-10

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 2:33 am

LOL!
Back to top Go down
Spooled
Rank 3
Rank 3
Spooled

Number of posts : 156
Vehicle : Toy Cars
Registration date : 2009-09-10

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 12:24 am

Tandem that is out of this world

Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 3:35 pm

team burst always does it right
just look how fucked up their cars are
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2010, 11:17 am

So I'm at home the other day, channel surfing and I see I have a new channel (yaa!) and what's on this new channel but some show called "Drift Style"

So I sit down and watch it, and at the end. I kind make this screwed up face like somebody farted in the room. And just as if somebody had farted, it hit me all once like a wave. Drifing is gay as fuck. Now you before you jump all over me, here is why.

They were doing tandem on a tight course with a chicane, I'm pretty sure I could have jogged past them at the speed they were going (and this was Drift Alliance guys).

That's when it occured to me, this is nothing more then a giant rolling burnout. So sure the pictures all over the interwebz look cool as shit, but come on, this is a sport where you have to "slow down" to intentionally keep the car sideways? Coming from the bike world, when SuperMoto guys back it in (bike talk for drift), it's because that's the fastest way around a corner.

Drifing is the greatest thing on the planet, when it's a side effect of way too much power and corner speed.
Drifing is boring as hell when it means you have to run shitty tires with no grip and left foot brake the whole damn time. (with the expection of Rally drivers, because they are actually are trying to get the car turned and go fast)

Doesn't mean that it's not a difficult thing to do...but really, really? I guess it's nice from a car control point of view, or as a show event. But to have competitons? Meh....

So you there you have it, I used to like it, then after watching an episode of a Drift Style, (that should have made me love it and got me all jacked up to go buy a drift car). Now I don't care for it too much. No I'd rather Ice Race, or Auto-X, or something that actually envolves trying to go fast.

Of course I have seen some sick stuff from the Japanese (some guy with a cowboy hat) and he was fricking flying. I'm just not sure about this sport on the moment. I think I'd rather be involved in time attack or rallye, or something. Maybe I'll attend a DMCC event and see if being there help change the vibe. Question

Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2010, 12:49 pm

Drift Style is super old, like three years ago. For how old that show is you would be better off watching the Drift Alliance DVD's. For up to date stuff watch the Keep Drifting Fun stuff or Shreeves videos.

My opinion is the opposite, after I really started getting involved in drifting, I thought I would head out to Auto X event. I watched it for 5 minutes and decided I had pretty much seen all I needed to. I understand that Auto X is way more fun for the drivers but man, it is boring as hell to watch.

The show Drift Style isn't the greatest, probably why there was like a season and a half. I have watched a fair amount of live drifting and it is unreal. The Grassroots stuff always has great vibe to it and the more professional stuff is super intense. When I rode with Paul in the Mango at Drift camp it was crazy, .. it was like riding the tea cups at Disney Land.

Formula D in person is something completely different, and Japanese drifting is just a whole other world. I would say, come out and try it before throwing in the towel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2010, 1:27 pm

keeping the tail out slightly can be the fastest way around a specific corner, just like your bikes, specifically - a tight knit downhill road on a mountain.....which is where the sport originated from. racing in the mountain passes. ever watch legit gymkhana? the fastest ways around those cones are sideways, imagine how "slow" a car gripping would look doing these courses. *cough autox*. so using your logic, i can say instead of drifting being a slow bunout, autox is a faster/slower show of manuvering a supterstore parking lot with the wife trying to find deece parking spots.

FORMULA D though, can die in a fire. sorry benoit, but formula d drfting is fucking gay, super "intense" or not. i dont give a shit for a certain maxxis tire 350z with 4" wheel gaps or ford mustangs that look stock. Im sure i can find a mustang around regina with straight pipes that sounds like vaughns car. the point is all these cars look fucking dumb and theyre sellouts especially since most came from good grassroots drifting. im positive if they could make their cars look however they wanted, they wouldnt resemble what they look like today. then- they too would be my hero's.

i also dont drift because it looks cool, i do it because its fun as fuck and its a challenge.

Last edited by 240sxy on December 3rd 2010, 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kyles_r32
Rank 4
Rank 4
kyles_r32

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2009-07-27

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2010, 1:38 pm

Id say D1 drifting is pretty intense:

Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2010, 2:56 pm

The entry corner that they used at Ebisu for D1 this year was crazy. The cars pretty much hopped into their slides. Nomura hit the wall going all out, it made for some interesting T.V. The best part was he refused to get on the stretcher until he could apologize to the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2010, 5:39 pm

Drifting is NOT a race. you can never compare it to other motorsports which are based on time and being the fastest. Drifting is like skateboarding and snowboarding. One guy or whatever goes out and does his thing, everybody watches, SICK BRO, Gnarly run! THIS is what made me love drifting, hanging out with friends, doing shit that gets the adrenaline pumping, its an overall "younger crowd" which is neat. and it involves my favorite things.. CARS! Loud noises! tire smoke! pushing your limit a little more each time. like adrian said, it fun as fuck! thats why i do it anyway.

I used to love autox, and rallyx. i still watch and love time attack and Formula 1. Partipating in the timed events is super fun also, but just not the same vibe, its way more "competitive" everyone wants to just win and a lot of the fun is lost. my love for racing will never leave me, but drifting is just too fun to ignore! You said its like doing a rolling burn out... burn outs are fun! lol then you go to the next level doing a rolling burnout around a corner at 70 km/h and then transitioning into another corner, or then the next level dooing a 120 km/h rolling burn out around a bank. ITS A FUCKING BLAST! don't try and over complicate by thinking about it too hard lol especially if your new to the sport and how the rules work and such haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2010, 6:02 pm

I kind of want to attend an event and get a vibe for it. Maybe it's one of those things where the grassroots stuff is what makes it great.
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 12:22 am

You won't be disappointed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

Number of posts : 1871
Vehicle : 2001 Honda S2000
Registration date : 2009-07-11

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 1:12 am

it's unfortunate people can't LEGALY drift in this town anymore...
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 2:22 am

Bjohnson wrote:
it's unfortunate people can't LEGALY drift in this town anymore...

X2
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 1:53 pm

Saskatoon still has drifting, and Regina have something next year
Back to top Go down
Adam.Gts
Rank 3
Rank 3

Number of posts : 226
Vehicle : R32
Registration date : 2009-07-09

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 2:29 pm

Jhall wrote:
and Regina have something next year
Know of anything?
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2010, 1:42 pm

Adam.Gts wrote:
Jhall wrote:
and Regina have something next year
Know of anything?

Just positive thinking.
Back to top Go down
Zimm
Rank 6
Rank 6
Zimm

Number of posts : 856
Vehicle : 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS
Registration date : 2010-04-14

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2010, 9:42 pm

We will get something with the amount of people that are going to be getting drift cars or want to get em plus the ones that already are here.... we will get something... And ya dont knock it till ya attend a event or try it.... You honestly cant tell me you have never drifted around in winter and though man this is fun as fuck..... well its way more crazier out on the track... And by no means is it easy to master... Plus drifting is a spectator sport thats why its there.... in saskatoon when the had the drift demo there was quiet a bit of people there for being the first event and not really advertised that well.... i dont really wanna bring it up but look at 3 fags i mean Flags when we had drift events there was so many people out there to watch i went out to an auto x event there and it was brutal there was like no one watchin at all.... This year come out to an event ill even take ya for a spin and ive been told by people that im crazy as fuk and they have been drifting for yrs if ya dont like it then... well at least ya watched it live and were in a ride along
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2010, 12:04 am

Deal!
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2010, 11:24 pm

240sxy wrote:

FORMULA D though, can die in a fire. sorry benoit, but formula d drfting is fucking gay, super "intense" or not. i dont give a shit for a certain maxxis tire 350z with 4" wheel gaps or ford mustangs that look stock. Im sure i can find a mustang around regina with straight pipes that sounds like vaughns car. the point is all these cars look fucking dumb and theyre sellouts especially since most came from good grassroots drifting. im positive if they could make their cars look however they wanted, they wouldnt resemble what they look like today. then- they too would be my hero's.

i also dont drift because it looks cool, i do it because its fun as fuck and its a challenge.

Sorry Adrian. I have thought about posting a response to this since you posted it. I have to do it.

Sellout? What exactly is a sellout? In this case you are stating that a professional drifter is a sellout because his car isn't 'street cool' but instead plastered with sponsors/crazy paint/functional set-up.

Is it wrong for Sidney Crosby to make X amount of millions each year and then endorse Gatorade for god knows how much on top of that? Is that wrong? Is he a sellout for that?

Let's put it into a similar motorsports example. Michael Schumacher made 80-million in 2004. It is rumoured his paycheck from racing that year was only 13-million. so the other 67-million was made on endorsements/advertising/sucking the bosses son. Was Michael Schumacher a sellout?

So going back to Sidney Crosby. He is a talented hockey player. Most likely the best in the world right now if not in the top 3 for sure. Is it wrong for him to make money at something that he is good at? Is it more wrong for him to make even more money off of endorsements because he is good at what he does?

Now looking at motorsports as a whole, it is a lot different than the 'traditional' professional sports like hockey/football/basketball etc. A large majority of professional race car drivers pay to drive professionally. That is correct. They PAY. How do they pay you ask? Either out of their pocket or by a 'backer'. I think Travis Pastrana would be an excellent example of this. Pastrana has almost no oval racing experience, yet because he has a name and he probably brings sponsorship money to the table, he will have a seat in a car in the Nationwide series next year. So Pastrana who has raced for Subaru/Redbull in Rally America the last several years will now be in a big lumbering piece of sheet metal plastered with bright colours in Nascar next year. Is he still a sellout?

So now we will get to Formula D and use an example close to home, Alex Lee. Alex Lee applied to enter Formula D next year and he was granted approval. So he will be competing as a privateer. This means he will be paying out of his own pocket to enter the events and drive them. Now I am sure he will be seeking out sponsorship to help pay his way. That is to be expected. Do you think his sponsors will want to give him money for nothing? No. They will want their name on his car and his race suit etc for the world to see. Is Alex now a sellout?

Don't tell me that you wouldn't want to drift all day and make money doing it Adrian?

I know you better than that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

like drifting pt2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

like drifting pt2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next