Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Removing rear window tint.

Go down 
+2
Zimm
abs0Lut
6 posters
AuthorMessage
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Removing rear window tint. Empty
PostSubject: Removing rear window tint.   Removing rear window tint. Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2010, 9:47 pm

So along with redoing my pedals tonight I tried to take the tint off my rear window and god damn, what a mess. I only got halfway on which what seems to be the top layer(WTF). The second layer underneath seems like it should be the glue but it definitely isn't. There is no way to peel this 2nd layer off and I am wondering if anyone has run into this problem. Also anybody got a hookup with someone at Zebart or some place like that? Very Happy If i had some cleans cloths I'd go snap a pic and show u guys but I'll have to wait for tomorrow for that. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Removing rear window tint.   Removing rear window tint. Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2010, 10:31 pm

I fucked up lol, gunna call Zebart tomorrow and see how much theyll charge me, if its rediculous, looks like ill be picking all this 2nd layer off with blades.
Back to top Go down
Zimm
Rank 6
Rank 6
Zimm

Number of posts : 856
Vehicle : 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS
Registration date : 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Removing rear window tint.   Removing rear window tint. Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2010, 10:54 am

I got stuff to take it all off.... the 2nd layer is probably the glue and ya its a bitch to get off is ya dont got the right stuff
Back to top Go down
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
duggyb

Number of posts : 680
Vehicle : 09' Mustang GT & 94' Nissan Silvia
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Removing rear window tint.   Removing rear window tint. Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2010, 1:43 pm

razorbladess
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Removing rear window tint.   Removing rear window tint. Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2010, 2:13 pm

hey scott wanna meet up and try to teach me how to do this. i need to get rid of mine. and Zimm if we can stop by to get some tips and stuff that we can perhaps get from you i would appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
Zimm
Rank 6
Rank 6
Zimm

PostSubject: Re: Removing rear window tint.   Removing rear window tint. Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2010, 2:21 pm

ya for sure the thing is with razor blades on a back window you gotta watch out for the defrost lines... back windows are the worst..
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Removing rear window tint.   Removing rear window tint. Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2010, 5:21 pm

what are your digits zimmer so i can get a hold of you and talk about this. thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
Zimm
Rank 6
Rank 6
Zimm

PostSubject: Re: Removing rear window tint.   Removing rear window tint. Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2010, 5:39 pm

5398911 gimme msg lata
Back to top Go down
_....
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Removing rear window tint.   Removing rear window tint. Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2010, 6:01 pm

when i worked in a garage the mechanics there that pulled tint off for safeties used razorblades and plain old windex, the glue comes right off.
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Removing rear window tint.   Removing rear window tint. Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2010, 6:18 pm

nisrix wrote:
when i worked in a garage the mechanics there that pulled tint off for safeties used razorblades and plain old windex, the glue comes right off.

x2
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removing rear window tint.   Removing rear window tint. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removing rear window tint.
Page 1 of 1