Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For the photogs! Please read.

Go down 
+4
240sxy
Bjohnson
lu!$
abs0Lut
8 posters
AuthorMessage
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

For the photogs! Please read. Empty
PostSubject: For the photogs! Please read.   For the photogs! Please read. Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 7:03 pm

Since pretty much everyone who posts pics here on the QCA forums was out at the track for the drift camp, I thought I would ask you guys something. How would you feel if a company posted your pics and gave you no credit/recognition at all? Well guess what, Speedtech from Saskatoon did such a thing just today posting 140 some photos taken by you and me. Since I am sure a lot of people will be looking at them, it would have been a great place to get your name out there. Facebook page or not, its bullshit. I posted under one of my pics telling them whats up, I suggest you do the same because the words of 5 or 6 leaves a bigger impact than 1 lonely voice. From now on I will be watermarking all my photos to stop this from happening.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: For the photogs! Please read.   For the photogs! Please read. Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 7:10 pm

yeah i personally would like a little credit (not much) from someone using a pic i took.... it really doesnt bother me tho because im just starting but still.... at the beginnign i posted some of the pics from here in my facebook and didnt credit anyone. silly from my part because i didnt know it was needed but for some it is.... where are these pics you speak of scott... water mark would be a good thing to do but as a noob that i am i dont know how to do that yet... now that im taking a bit more seriously i would like some credit. at least my name somewhere there where you can google it and my pics will show up... lol

Last edited by lu!$ on May 27th 2010, 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

Number of posts : 1871
Vehicle : 2001 Honda S2000
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: For the photogs! Please read.   For the photogs! Please read. Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 7:10 pm

link?
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: For the photogs! Please read.   For the photogs! Please read. Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 7:28 pm

you shouldve been water marking it before even uploading them.

nobody to blame but yourself really.

sidenote, cam works at speedtech im sure. Of course cam being a driver wants to posts pics of the event he attended.
Back to top Go down
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

Number of posts : 1871
Vehicle : 2001 Honda S2000
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: For the photogs! Please read.   For the photogs! Please read. Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 7:35 pm

But the thing is whether watermarked or not its proper to ask instead of put them on, especially if it's local. Personally i could care less but i liked it when Benoit asked me if he could use my pics on DodoLogic.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: For the photogs! Please read.   For the photogs! Please read. Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 7:43 pm

I am a big believer in watermarking and giving others credit for their work. It probably didn't cross their mind, you were right to say something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
cuonger69
Rank 4
Rank 4
cuonger69

Number of posts : 284

PostSubject: Re: For the photogs! Please read.   For the photogs! Please read. Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 9:17 pm

If it's not published or marked and passed off as their own flicks, I couldn't care less. We do it all the time here.
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1337
Vehicle : nokia + xj
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: For the photogs! Please read.   For the photogs! Please read. Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 9:28 pm

cuonger69 wrote:
If it's not published or marked and passed off as their own flicks, I couldn't care less. We do it all the time here.

what he said, and if you really care so much about it you can go email them and im sure they'd either credit you or even remove it if you have such a big deal with it.

but we all do post other peoples work here all the time.
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

PostSubject: Re: For the photogs! Please read.   For the photogs! Please read. Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 9:34 pm

i guess its just me who wants a tiny bit of recognition. i guess its just me who thinks theres a difference between a "post nice cars thread" and a performance shops web page aswell.
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: For the photogs! Please read.   For the photogs! Please read. Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 10:03 pm

watermark your work, maybe even a contact email. possibly a way of free advertising to get your work known.
thats the main reason i post 500x pixel pics.
Back to top Go down
cuonger69
Rank 4
Rank 4
cuonger69

PostSubject: Re: For the photogs! Please read.   For the photogs! Please read. Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 10:05 pm

link?
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: For the photogs! Please read.   For the photogs! Please read. Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 10:28 pm

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=169877&id=367537808595
ive noticed several of luis's shots as well as 2 of scott's.
Back to top Go down
cuonger69
Rank 4
Rank 4
cuonger69

PostSubject: Re: For the photogs! Please read.   For the photogs! Please read. Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 11:06 pm

facebook is serious

really though, watermark it. problem solved.
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

PostSubject: Re: For the photogs! Please read.   For the photogs! Please read. Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2010, 6:05 pm

definitely, gunna start, i used to but found it took away from most of my pics. im gunna take my time and create a good one.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rank 3
Rank 3
Rogue

Number of posts : 109
Vehicle : '95 180sx
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: For the photogs! Please read.   For the photogs! Please read. Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2010, 11:26 am

240sxy wrote:
you shouldve been water marking it before even uploading them.

nobody to blame but yourself really.

sidenote, cam works at speedtech im sure. Of course cam being a driver wants to posts pics of the event he attended.

The watermark I do is really faint. and I try and put it on all my images, then people can take and post them without me really having to worry.

I do hate when people cut the watermark off though :s

Anyone know who took the pic on QCMA? on the drift section? kinda looks like one of mine but I'm not sure.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the photogs! Please read.   For the photogs! Please read. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For the photogs! Please read.
Page 1 of 1