Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sway Bar End Links

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Sway Bar End Links Empty
PostSubject: Sway Bar End Links   Sway Bar End Links Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2010, 11:46 pm

So end of last year i installed my coilovers and for whatever reason the rear sway bar end links didnt line up with the holes they were supposed to. Instead, we got a high grade bolt, and used that. So as it sits, the rear swaybar is not connected.

Question is, what the fuck do i do? Do i need adjustable end links? Is it safe to just run no rear sway bar? Ive read on an rx7 specific forum that other guys have done it but id prefer to have it in there.

Anyone with any sort of knowledge willing to chime in? Itd be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Sway Bar End Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar End Links   Sway Bar End Links Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2010, 12:08 am

No sway bar is a solution in the Honda world or car in general I think. Lots of cars don't come with it. Front one is way more impotant. You gonna be drifting that car?

When I had to put mine I didn't realized that I had to buy some mounting brakets for it. Adjustable endlinks might help. If I wanted to put itr sway in my car i'd need adjustble endlinks just cuz of the way the itr lca's are. If you post pics would be easier to see
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Sway Bar End Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar End Links   Sway Bar End Links Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2010, 12:11 am

lu!$ wrote:
You gonna be drifting that car?

No, but at high speeds it feels unstable.

And i wanted to do aftermarket front and rear sway bars but id prefer to figure out the deal with the end links first.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Sway Bar End Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar End Links   Sway Bar End Links Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2010, 12:16 am

you cant just remove a sway bar from a sports car that was designed to work with it. cmon luis, thats a HONDA thing, they dont do anything remotely fast.

dear evan. make it fit. im sure you just overlooked something
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Sway Bar End Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar End Links   Sway Bar End Links Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2010, 8:55 am

240sxy wrote:
thats a HONDA thing, they dont do anything remotely fast.

beakin! I've never heard of any Honda guys getting rid of the rear sway, only adding them to cars that didn't come with them from factory. I guess Luis reads a shit load more about Honda than I do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sway Bar End Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sway Bar End Links   Sway Bar End Links Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sway Bar End Links
Page 1 of 1