Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Car parts, and lots of them.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Vehicle : 88 ED8
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Car parts, and lots of them. Empty
PostSubject: Car parts, and lots of them.   Car parts, and lots of them. Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2009, 5:41 pm

Today I decided to check out the auto wreckers in the Saskatoon area. I went to Bucks... it was shitty. Ended up going to a place called Amigos.
Holy.
Shit.
It is huge.
I got a few good parts for my CRX. Interior parts mainly. Clear corners too.

If anyone is looking for parts for a 240sx, go there. There is a few of them. Lots of Honda parts too. There is a D16Y8 intake (The "Type-R" of the D-series) there, and a lot of newer cars.
Even some Mustangs...

In the Regina area...
Regina Certified Autowrecking is over-priced ($400 for a B18a engine)...
Bucks doesn't have a huge selection, but it is cheap.
TJ's is alright. Tyler is the guy to deal with there. Ask him about after-market stuff.
All-Parts is actually really good. The owner is a little odd though.

For those that venture to the auto wreckers, how has your experience been?
Back to top Go down
Thai-kun
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 810
Vehicle : 2000 Honda S2000 [AP1]
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Car parts, and lots of them.   Car parts, and lots of them. Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2009, 6:22 pm

When I still had my Celica, I rummaged through the only two places I knew for parts, Bucks, which I'll gladly return to to this day, they treat me with respect and I treat them with respect. The other place I tried was Japanese Auto, I had a horrible experience while I was there, the guy who was in the shop at the time was a real prick, and his stuff was really badly overpriced too. $40 for a piece of plastic the size of my arm that's purely aesthetic, are you serious? I've meant to go to Amigos the last few times I've been in Saskatoon, I just keep forgetting about it due to being wrapped up in Wangan Midnight.
Back to top Go down
slowEK
Rank 3
Rank 3
slowEK

Number of posts : 187
Vehicle : EJ6, EM1
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Car parts, and lots of them.   Car parts, and lots of them. Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2009, 6:27 pm

CReX wrote:
TJ's is alright. Tyler is the guy to deal with there. Ask him about after-market stuff.

TJ's is the most unorganized dump of a business I've ever set foot in
Back to top Go down
Cypress_h
Rank 4
Rank 4
Cypress_h

Number of posts : 275
Vehicle : 1991 plymouth laser
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Car parts, and lots of them.   Car parts, and lots of them. Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2009, 9:39 pm

thai if stuff is overpriced negotiate with him..... i deal with bryan from jap. auto quite a bit and everything is peachy if i think something is priced to high i let him know and he works with me on a price........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car parts, and lots of them.   Car parts, and lots of them. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car parts, and lots of them.
Page 1 of 1