Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?

Go down 
+18
veedub
raboyto2
binjoau
slowEK
subbie
Soup
Piett
Marshal
Black
1eightySX
corey
kyles_r32
240sxy
Thai-kun
abs0Lut
doom26464
xTitan69x
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 6:24 pm

binjoau wrote:
wow you guys are harsh. Let him buy what he wants, he will learn as he goes along just like everyone on here did. You were not born with superior car knowledge give him a break.

Do some research on actual car review sites, edmunds etc. Forums are full of personal opinions not always solid information. I do have to agree though a 300zx will be very costly. Look for something else, although thats just my opinion! lol

I think it is because he asked our opinion. And that is how I learned... well the first part of my car life I did my own thing it was ok. The second part of my car life is just filled with blurs of Adrian asking what's wrong with me. Tough love or Blind hatred?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 6:34 pm

To the O.P.

It seems like you are pretty open to suggestions and all of us have our own flavor that we prefer and just because one of us loves the Rocky Road doesn't mean you will.

What I would recommend is first determining what you want to use the car for.

Then answer if you want RWD, AWD, or FWD.

Then answer which one of those would actually best suit your needs.

Then figure out you budget.

Then Figure out what you might be willing for extras or determine if the car will remain stock.

Do you want a coupe or does it matter?

Something cool or easy to fix?

Once you figure this out you can narrow it down. You are going to find that there is compromise between the last question and you will have to decide how commit you are to the idea of being a car enthusiasts.

Maybe pick up some car mags and see what you think you would like.
Back to top Go down
slowEK
Rank 3
Rank 3
slowEK

Number of posts : 187
Vehicle : EJ6, EM1
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 7:38 pm

raboyto2 wrote:

im going to suggest a 2000 or newer civic. you keep saying you dont wanna fix your car. but your looking at 15 years old or older cars.... come on dude... really? the civic will have fwd , so you wont have a problem with control and it will cheap and easy to mod. spoilers can easily be mounted also. and you get to say vtec

well said.. vtec is overrated though.. $5500
Back to top Go down
binjoau
Rank 3
Rank 3
binjoau

Number of posts : 201
Vehicle : 09WRX
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 8:18 pm

1eightySX wrote:
To the O.P.

It seems like you are pretty open to suggestions and all of us have our own flavor that we prefer and just because one of us loves the Rocky Road doesn't mean you will.

Then Figure out what you might be willing for extras or determine if the car will remain stock.

Once you figure this out you can narrow it down. You are going to find that there is compromise between the last question and you will have to decide how commit you are to the idea of being a car enthusiasts.

Maybe pick up some car mags and see what you think you would like.

Probably the best response yet. Follow these steps and you cant go wrong!! Id honestly just say buy a Subaru!! haha but thats just me.

Oh and tough love can work but sometimes encouragement can work wonders to. The first post was tough love the second was encouraging. I think he will learn more from your second post.

Props.
Back to top Go down
_....
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 11:13 pm

Yes listen to Ryan!

Though whatever you do don't rush, summer is almost over anyway. Especially do your homework when buying rhd, these puppies are old so there are crap ones out there. I wanted a 180 for like 3 years before I finally got one. I bought it in march 07 and got in in may, worth the wait and every penny of the banks money i spent on it haha. You could eat off the engine.

Good luck with your search
Back to top Go down
Fiorante
Rank 7
Rank 7
Fiorante

Number of posts : 1234
Vehicle : frankenstien'd skyline
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 11:50 pm

buy my supra. $6000, new paint, lowered, some rimzzzz, headers, chipped ecu, intake, bunch of shit. new motor too, and ill give you a turbo motor and all of the goodies to make it work for free.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 12:48 am

I got a 240sx coupe with a sr20det swap + loads of extras, car is in tuning stages. If you flash me a good price I will let it go your way. Pm if intersted
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 1:04 am

corey wrote:
I got a 240sx coupe with a sr20det swap + loads of extras, car is in tuning stages. If you flash me a good price I will let it go your way. Pm if intersted

no corey
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 2:02 am

corey wrote:

your a fag
Back to top Go down
xTitan69x
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 78
Vehicle : 2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0T GT
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 2:23 am

I don't even know what to say anymore, heh... I am learning, and this is my only start, but it seems like some people can't stand me, and I don't understand why?
Sure I ask stupid questions sometimes, but sometimes those questions get answers that help a lot in finding something I like or learning about cars.
Another thing, Corey when are you going to drop the fact that SGI totalled my car and there was nothing I could do about the parts I was supposed to buy from you... I was not going to spend 500$ on parts that you were wanting to sell me just to make you happy bro... SGI took my car, and before they took it, they told me that it was fixable, so I called you, and we talked and figured something out, the next day I went back, and they told me it wasn't, now what was i supposed to do? I didn't know what to do, and it lead to me not being able to buy the parts because it was stupid to buy parts and do nothing with them... I remember when I first joined this site everybody was so kind, and still are, but some people have grudges and I don't even know what the hell for.

All I am saying is thanks to the people who have helped, I appreciate it.
And Thai, Adrian? What happened, you guys act like you cant stand me anymore either, I don't even know if I belong here anymore, I mean I did total my car off because SGI wouldn't let me keep it, and I didn't come on here because I didn't feel the need to come on here if I was driving a peice of shit truck... I am thinking about buying a car now, and I am back.

Anyways, all I ask for is some respect from a few people... If not don't worry, I will just move on, I mean its alright.

However;

Wanna use it for DD/Tuning

RWD/AWD (AWD if in price range, only got 8000 to spend)

RWD/AWD is drivable in winter, (RWD although harder, yes), I can do it and would much rather a RWD/AWD

It will all depend on what I spend, I mean I would love to pick up a 240 or 180 for like 5 like my last one. Then have 3000 to do stuff to.

Doesn't really matter, but I prefer coupe.

Yes, both, I loved my 240 so much, and it seemed not that pricy to fix
Back to top Go down
xTitan69x
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 2:26 am

I don't even know what to listen to or who to trust if I wanted to buy a car now. :O
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 2:32 am

xTitan69x wrote:
I don't even know what to listen to or who to trust if I wanted to buy a car now. :O
If you do the research and follow 1eightySX's advice you can make the decision on your own, and trust YOURSELF!

do work son
Back to top Go down
xTitan69x
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 2:33 am

BLACK wrote:
xTitan69x wrote:
If you do the research and follow 1eightySX's advice you can make the decision on your own, and trust YOURSELF!

do work son

Where do I start :O
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 2:37 am

BLACK wrote:
do work son

this
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 3:56 am

8 grand is alot to spend. It will get you a nice car.
I got a subaru WRX, 66,000kms on it, mostly stock other than rims/suspension. Not a single thing wrong with it, it needed nothing to pass a safety.
I paid a cool 7000 for it.

If you want a car to modify, I highly recomend against a subaru though.
Parts are expensive. go-fast parts are few and far between, with japan and australia being main places to buy from.
Almost any mod you do to the car requires a tune. throw on a cold air? You need a tune. Throw on a downpipe? need a tune. Turbo-back exhaust? you need a tune.
catch my drift?
The only mods I have found that don't need a tune are headers and an up-pipe
the only emgine management system I can find is a Power FC adn that it about $900 USD and then you need to tune it. Althought I have bee informed of a "rob Tune" that is quite popular, but I can't find any information about it though.
Nice cars though.
Oh, and the paint is supposedly jsut thick enough to make the car a solid colour, quite rust prone.

I hear Evos are easy to get big power out of. Ask taylor or corey, they'll tell you the same thing.
Honestly, buy a skyline R32 GTS-T. I drove Jared's bone-stock one, and I know why they were a popular car, they are amazing. Minimal turbo lag, more than enough power to put a smile one your face. RWD. And they are common enough now that you can probably get almost any part you need IN CANADA, and not have to wait for parts to come over from japanland. And the cars are not ridiculosly expensive.
that, or a 180sx, People seem to like those, but I have never had the privilage to drive one other than adrian's. And I was too timid to actually drive it more than 10km/h.
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 2:27 pm

xTitan69x wrote:

What do you mean by "tuning"? Tuning and Modding a car are totally differnt things, in order to "tune" a car you must have an ecu which is capable, and ecus dont come cheap.
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 2:48 pm

i suggest a dodge stealth. it fits all your needs.
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 3:14 pm

I would recommend a Skyline GTS4. Coupe or 4 door. Doesn't matter. For 3 bucks you can make it switch between AWD and RWD on the flick of a switch.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 3:23 pm

SoupGTR wrote:
I would recommend a Skyline GTS4. Coupe or 4 door. Doesn't matter. For 3 bucks you can make it switch between AWD and RWD on the flick of a switch.

I wish all cars were like that?

On a completely off-topic and unrelated subject, does making this switch and disconnecting the front differential casue any long term damage?
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 3:31 pm

Not that I am aware of. nor that i experienced.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 3:50 pm

SoupGTR wrote:
Not that I am aware of. nor that i experienced.

Just blown RB20s... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 3:54 pm

hey now that was from drifting too hard. not from running an awd cancel switch
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 4:02 pm

I know... I am just messin
Back to top Go down
xTitan69x
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 4:49 pm

bahrx7 wrote:
xTitan69x wrote:

What do you mean by "tuning"? Tuning and Modding a car are totally differnt things, in order to "tune" a car you must have an ecu which is capable, and ecus dont come cheap.

Kidding is what I meant than, sorry
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 4:56 pm

xTitan69x wrote:
bahrx7 wrote:
xTitan69x wrote:

Kidding is what I meant than, sorry

Why are you sorry? I was trying to help you as your on here to learn are you not?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?   What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Is Your Opinion On A 300ZX TT?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next