Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to buy anodized AN fittings

Go down 
+2
240sxy
Moneypits
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Where to buy anodized AN fittings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 10:46 pm

corey was the black braided hose a metal braided or a different material?
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 11:00 pm

Moneypits wrote:
corey was the black braided hose a metal braided or a different material?
I let my dog chew on both the black and silver kind and both showed same wear so I assume it is the same material.
Back to top Go down
Gee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 11:27 pm

I just did my fuel, transmission, and oil lines in an and this stuff isn't cheap. The bigger the size the more money. I went with pretty much just - 8 and -6. I wish the fittings costed me 8 bucks lol.
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 11:30 pm

Gee wrote:
I just did my fuel, transmission, and oil lines in an and this stuff isn't cheap. The bigger the size the more money. I went with pretty much just - 8 and -6. I wish the fittings costed me 8 bucks lol.

Where'd you buy everything from?
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 11:36 pm

Gee wrote:

what size did you use for the oil lines?
Back to top Go down
Gee
Rank 3
Rank 3

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 11:45 pm

I got everything from Abe at queen city. Abe is pretty good with prices and always knocks the price down a bit. I've bought fittings online and it isn't that much cheaper than getting the from qc, plus you don't have to wait a week or two to find out you got the wrong fitting. Bernie at precision machine carries them but is more money. My oil system is -8 and probably spent over $300 on it, 6 fittings and braided hose Crying or Very sad I used -6 for my transmission lines, -8 for fuel and -6 for return.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2009, 12:19 am

ya -8 is what ill use.

anyone think the quality of summit racing hose ends are same as say earls? there cheaper but wondering if its worth it or just shell out extra for earls
Back to top Go down
Gee
Rank 3
Rank 3

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2009, 12:26 am

I'd say spend the money and go with earls or aeroquip. The cheaper fittings seem to be shitty to put together.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2009, 12:41 am

Gee wrote:
I'd say spend the money and go with earls or aeroquip. The cheaper fittings seem to be shitty to put together.

some of the cheaper ones also dont fit the actual hoses sometimes, ive seen some that were smaller and ended up pushing the braiding back because it didnt fit.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2009, 1:49 am

Where to buy anodized AN fittings - Page 2 Earls%20Sandwich%20Adapter%20-%20Thermo

i wanna buy this for my oil filter relocation/cooler kit im peicing together. is that all i need for the remote part of the kit? or does that go along with another peice?

also would it be worthwhile to use the thermostat like that? or run it through the cooler continueously?
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2009, 9:35 am

Moneypits wrote:
Where to buy anodized AN fittings - Page 2 Earls%20Sandwich%20Adapter%20-%20Thermo

i wanna buy this for my oil filter relocation/cooler kit im peicing together. is that all i need for the remote part of the kit? or does that go along with another peice?

also would it be worthwhile to use the thermostat like that? or run it through the cooler continueously?

you need the thermo, its a street car. you're car will never get the oil warm daily driving it like that.

you could always put tape or something over the front when your not on the track...which is all the time.

i have a better idea, why dont you just buy evans kit?
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2009, 11:06 am

evan sold his kit.

and i was wondering is that all i need the peice i showed? that is the thermostat according to the description on summit racing says that it starts opening at 160 degrees.

But i think for no ill just put a relocation no cooler, its not a high power race car and not putting out anything more than factory power so a cooler isnt on my list of needs right now just the relocation.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2009, 12:16 am

Also what do people think of converting alot of the lines to hardlines? eliminating rubber lines? or should i just eliminate rubber lines for braided lines
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to buy anodized AN fittings
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: