Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

car detailing - power polishing in regina?

Go down 
+8
abs0Lut
dev
Moneypits
Marshal
toddler
jdm_itr
Piett
crackerjack
12 posters
AuthorMessage
crackerjack
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-06-29

car detailing - power polishing in regina? Empty
PostSubject: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 5:38 pm

I can do the normal wax and claybar and what not my self but i have no idea how to power polish, wetsand and all that crazy stuff.

I was wondering if you guys could reccomend some good places to go in regina that are easy on the wallet and do very good work, i have a 2008 accord the paint is fairly new but honda has soft ass paint and i would just prefer to pay someone to power polish it even if i only do it every 2 years its worth the 200$
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 6:06 pm

i got my car done by Dave Hart, he did a cut and polish on my car and the outcome was unreal.

He works at Universal Collision Centre, if you want, go talk to him during the day and tell him Josh sent you there.

He does like i said unreal work and he is a perfectionist. He wont stop working until he is happy.

My car went in for a cut and polish, took ~10 hours, he even wet sanded some on my car.

So go visit him there, im telling you this guy is who you want doing it.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 6:24 pm

JP wrote:
i got my car done by Dave Hart, he did a cut and polish on my car and the outcome was unreal.

He works at Universal Collision Centre, if you want, go talk to him during the day and tell him Josh sent you there.

He does like i said unreal work and he is a perfectionist. He wont stop working until he is happy.

My car went in for a cut and polish, took ~10 hours, he even wet sanded some on my car.

how much ?
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 6:34 pm

im pretty sure it was $300
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 6:47 pm

JP wrote:
im pretty sure it was $300
thats resonable i want to get my car clay bar and polished i may have to get in touch with this fellow
Back to top Go down
toddler
Rank 5
Rank 5
toddler

Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 8:27 pm

i heard universal does a good job at cutting and polishing as well once I get alittle more practice I will start doing it as well on the side for people. I work at taylor lexus and toyota but for now I would totally agree with universal!
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2009, 2:07 am

don't bother doing anything to your car if you are going ot get it cut/polished or wet sanded, it will just waste your time.

I highly recommend getting your car power polished though.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2009, 3:17 am

clay bar is easy

anyone heard anything about like ziebart rust proofing what exactly is it and does it work?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2009, 10:57 am

Moneypits wrote:
clay bar is easy

anyone heard anything about like ziebart rust proofing what exactly is it and does it work?

they probably spray a product like Waxoil in all the crevaces of your car.
You can buy this product at princess auto.
I found it best if you heat it up alot first, it then sprays like a mist. I removed all my door cars and sprayed inside the doors, remove the trunk stuff, spray into all the crevices there, spray under your battery, and anywhere else that rust can form and is difficult to see.

Its jsut an oil that bonds to the metal, preventing ocntact with air and other contaminents.
Just dont spray it in places that you touch with your hands, its gross.
its like $10/can
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2009, 3:19 pm

JP wrote:

I second this. Dave does insane work. He cut and polished my civic back to brand new paint and even better. Like Josh said he wont stop until it is perfect. He ended up sanding my trunk and bumper because he wasnt happy with it. I highly recommend his work to anyone, he takes great care of the car and customer. DO IT UP. By the way you will get better results saying Devin sent you Smile haha <3 JP. Ask to see his VW rabbit, he keeps it in great shape!
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2009, 1:17 am

I am a noob but what does the "cut" part of cut and polish mean?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2009, 10:32 am

abs0Lut wrote:
I am a noob but what does the "cut" part of cut and polish mean?

the cut takes put the heavy scratches and oxidation that is on the paint.
Back to top Go down
toddler
Rank 5
Rank 5
toddler

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2009, 12:04 pm

Marshal wrote:
don't bother doing anything to your car if you are going ot get it cut/polished or wet sanded, it will just waste your time.

what is the difference between power polishing and cutting and polishing?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2009, 1:46 pm

cut/polish->what they do is remove a thin layer of your existing paint, either with fine grit sandpaper, or with varying grades of abrasive creams. it is quite pricey as there is a lot of labor involved

From what I can tell, through a quick google search, is that a cut and polish and a power polish is excatly the same thing. Both use an abrasive to remove your a thin layer of old paint, and then use a polishing medium to remove the fine scratches that the abrasive caused and also revitalize the shine/depth of the paint
Back to top Go down
toddler
Rank 5
Rank 5
toddler

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2009, 8:19 pm

Marshal wrote:
cut/polish->what they do is remove a thin layer of your existing paint, either with fine grit sandpaper, or with varying grades of abrasive creams. it is quite pricey as there is a lot of labor involved

From what I can tell, through a quick google search, is that a cut and polish and a power polish is excatly the same thing. Both use an abrasive to remove your a thin layer of old paint, and then use a polishing medium to remove the fine scratches that the abrasive caused and also revitalize the shine/depth of the paint

i figured that they were about the same I'm guessing just sanding is involved with cutting and polishing but the compound to remove small scratched does remove very small layer of clear
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2009, 10:02 am

Fuck I wish I had 300 dollars to throw at that guy. I am definitely getting this done before I put new paint on my car(next summer). All I really have are small scratches but they piss me off.
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2009, 1:47 pm

Marshal wrote:

This is true. The process is divided into 3 to 4 stages depending on the paint, type of clear or how much and color. I cut and polished a whole black Pontiac Torrent and it took me 6 hours and four stages to get it to a brand new paint look. You can request them through my work if you really would like it done to your car but I would recommend asking me or Josh about it as we both see Dave every day.
Back to top Go down
eden
Rank 2
Rank 2
eden

Number of posts : 93
Vehicle : S197
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2009, 2:37 pm

i cut and polish cars everyday... most scratches are just on your clear coat. if you can feel the scratch it wont come out its past the clear coat and is in the paint. same with if you lick your finger and run it across the scratch, if it disappears then re-appears it can be taken out. stages can go up to 10 stages by the way, depending what system you use.

at Crestview we use all 3M products for cutting and polishing. usually we just do 2-3 stages on in-house vehicles that come in. but if a customer pays to have it polished, usually i do 5 stages. at crestview we charge only like $200 for a full polish. cheaaap. and if any of u guys bring ur cars in ill make sure your paint looks like glass when its done

by the way i've been power polishing for 2 years
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2009, 3:49 pm

eden wrote:
i cut and polish cars everyday... most scratches are just on your clear coat. if you can feel the scratch it wont come out its past the clear coat and is in the paint. same with if you lick your finger and run it across the scratch, if it disappears then re-appears it can be taken out. stages can go up to 10 stages by the way, depending what system you use.

at Crestview we use all 3M products for cutting and polishing. usually we just do 2-3 stages on in-house vehicles that come in. but if a customer pays to have it polished, usually i do 5 stages. at crestview we charge only like $200 for a full polish. cheaaap. and if any of u guys bring ur cars in ill make sure your paint looks like glass when its done

I will come see you most likely when my car gets in.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2009, 4:27 pm

eden wrote:

damn thats a good deal!

got any pictures of some cars you have done
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2009, 4:28 pm

Ive worked with jay at crestview for a couple of months, i can vouch for a quality job
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
vatansever223
Rank 1
Rank 1

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 12:24 am

live score
poker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: car detailing - power polishing in regina?   car detailing - power polishing in regina? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

car detailing - power polishing in regina?
Page 1 of 1