Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !

Go down 
+16
Jhall
Oldbugger
Jex
240sxy
Cypress_h
corey
raboyto2
JSharp
dev
Piett
1eightySX
Moneypits
Marshal
Fiorante
fatbastardracing
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Vanquizor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-07-06

QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 8:06 am

Any test & tune offered is not offered sanctioned or insured through QCMA.... I'm afraid you are on your own for that. I know when I personally rented the track to do some setup on my roadracer it was SIGNIFICANTLY more than $15.

-Noel-
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 9:18 am

pokey wrote:
lol it runs a bit rich, I just didnt drive straight home. I took some really crazy valley roads to get some cool photos so i got something outta the day. The way my car sits, on the highway i cant stay out of boost. Its just the way the gearing is set i suppose. On average, My car will burn about 120 bucks there and back, and remember now, premium is around 1.20ish. Besides that shit. Its nice of you to offer my fees next time.

Could you explain to me more how this 15 Dollar test and tune deal works? times? days?

i get 600km to a tank on the highway, in vaccum all the way. gearing is fine.

noel - its nice of you to offer to pay his fee, but there were 2/3 people from stoon that day, and they show up to every event.
theyre not on the forums, but im sure theyre a little upset as well.

also what is "signigicantly" more than $15. pallpark figures will put this rumour to rest.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 1:38 pm

I got the word straight from Ryan Gaudet he looked into it for me. If you have a membership with one of the groups you get test and tune sessions that are $15 for 2 hours to be scheduled at convince of track owners.

END OF STORY.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 5:48 pm

corey wrote:
I got the word straight from Ryan Gaudet he looked into it for me. If you have a membership with one of the groups you get test and tune sessions that are $15 for 2 hours to be scheduled at convince of track owners.

END OF STORY.

I've got it right from Florcences mouth when I talked to her IN-PERSON.
Its $15 for 2 hours, when the track is unoccupied. you must call ahead.
Back to top Go down
Vanquizor
Rank 1
Rank 1

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 6:27 pm

we paid in the neighbourhood of $200 for a day last year. I have never done a part day thing.
Back to top Go down
Vanquizor
Rank 1
Rank 1

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 6:31 pm

240sxy wrote:
[
i get 600km to a tank on the highway, in vaccum all the way. gearing is fine.

noel - its nice of you to offer to pay his fee, but there were 2/3 people from stoon that day, and they show up to every event.
theyre not on the forums, but im sure theyre a little upset as well.

also what is "signigicantly" more than $15. pallpark figures will put this rumour to rest.

I am unaware of anyone else from s'toon that was at that event, when I recieved the call on the event there were 3 entrants total and one from out of town. If all 3 were from s'toon the BIG shame on the regina guys... and I apologize for being misinformed of the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 6:34 pm

Vanquizor wrote:
we paid in the neighbourhood of $200 for a day last year. I have never done a part day thing.

who own'd the track then? was it the Zigglers or still under Keith's management?
Back to top Go down
pokey
Rank 1
Rank 1

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 6:40 pm

"i get 600km to a tank on the highway, in vaccum all the way. gearing is fine."

I'll believe your statement, but if your car is the one in your dp, you have alot bigger turbo, do you not? I've got a stock t25 with a 4 inch exhaust and an intake.. A little bit different story man, Think about it. A t25 is alot easier to spool than a gt30 or 35. especially with a large exhaust and intake on a dinkey turboz.

There were two cars down from saskatoon and 5 people by the way.
Back to top Go down
Vanquizor
Rank 1
Rank 1

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 6:41 pm

I believe the zieglers, but don't quote me on that as I didn't make the arrangements personally.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 6:42 pm

Vanquizor wrote:
I believe the zieglers, but don't quote me on that as I didn't make the arrangements personally.
ya, if it was keith, I can see the $200.

Maybe things have changed since last year. If the track isn't being used, its not making money...
Back to top Go down
Vanquizor
Rank 1
Rank 1

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 6:43 pm

pokey wrote:

I'll believe your statement, but if your car is the one in your dp, you have alot bigger turbo, do you not? I've got a stock t25 with a 4 inch exhaust and an intake.. A little bit different story man, Think about it. A t25 is alot easier to spool than a gt30 or 35. especially with a large exhaust and intake on a dinkey turboz.

If you speak to the second s'toon driver you can pass along the same offer to him that I will pay for his next drift practice in Regina.
Back to top Go down
pokey
Rank 1
Rank 1

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 6:44 pm

Vanquizor wrote:
pokey wrote:

If you speak to the second s'toon driver you can pass along the same offer to him that I will pay for his next drift practice in Regina.

Will do noel. Are you out at every practice?
Back to top Go down
Vanquizor
Rank 1
Rank 1

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 6:47 pm

Generally not, but I am always on my cell and the entire executive will be aware of this arrangement immediately following tonights meeting.

Do you know how many s'toon drivers are planning to attend the competition this friday?
Back to top Go down
pokey
Rank 1
Rank 1

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 6:49 pm

I know two forsure, And 3-4 pretty sures. and thats just the guys i know around here.
Back to top Go down
Vanquizor
Rank 1
Rank 1

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 6:53 pm

thanks, I'm trying to arrange "refreshments" for friday night tech in but there really arent many people who have posted in the event thread making firm comitments so I'm pulling numbers out of the air. Look for a substantial update to the official event thread later tonight

http://www.qcma.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1248
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 6:58 pm

isnt auto x this friday ?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 7:03 pm

jdm_itr wrote:

Tech is done at CWS Tuning if I am correct
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 7:10 pm

Mr.Practical wrote:
jdm_itr wrote:

Tech is done at CWS Tuning if I am correct

Is cam any better lately? health wise
Back to top Go down
Oldbugger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 7:46 pm

There is both the Tech inspection for the drift competition @ CWS Tuning

AND

The regularly scheduled Autox on friday evening

If your doing both PLEASE let Noel know
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 8:26 pm

pokey wrote:

once upon a time. my car had a t2 turbo as well.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 5:24 pm

240sxy wrote:

once upon a time my car had a turbo Sad
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 6:23 pm

WReX wrote:
240sxy wrote:

once upon a time my car had a turbo Sad

Onward and upward... something new and fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !   QCMA Drift Event:  Friday, July 3 IS ON ! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QCMA Drift Event: Friday, July 3 IS ON !
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4