Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A&W cruise night this friday

Go down 
+11
Earlface
laynehip
JSharp
Moneypits
Rob
jdm_itr
1eightySX
240sxy
Thai-kun
Marshal
megapixels
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
megapixels
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-25

A&W cruise night this friday Empty
PostSubject: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 9:24 am

East end A&W on victoria avenue in regina has a cruise night I heard at 6pm this friday,and alternating everyother week with the north Albert A&W on the following wednesdays.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 9:55 am

I think if any of us were to show up, it would be awkward.
I went to one, and I got the impression quite quickly that I wasn't welcome
Back to top Go down
Thai-kun
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 810
Vehicle : 2000 Honda S2000 [AP1]
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 10:08 am

Mr.Practical wrote:
I think if any of us were to show up, it would be awkward.
I went to one, and I got the impression quite quickly that I wasn't welcome

I went to one of those on Albert St. last year when I still had my Celica. I had put on my black hood and headlight covers at the time. Anyone who saw me show up basically gave me the look saying "Go inside, get your food, get the hell out of here."
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 12:30 pm

you mean that shitty a&w with zero parking space

the north a&w on their sign says cruise night as well
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 12:58 pm

Let's be honest if those guys came to our meets we would act the same way, to a degree. Some A & W events are planned by the A & W owners and they mostly are in search of classic cars, that may start to change. There is a chance that we may be invited to one next year but we will see.

On a side note the 306 guys want to start planning weekly meets but have been coming up short, maybe we can contribute to those, they have been pretty successful in S'toon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 6:07 pm

1eightySX wrote:
Let's be honest if those guys came to our meets we would act the same way, to a degree. Some A & W events are planned by the A & W owners and they mostly are in search of classic cars, that may start to change. There is a chance that we may be invited to one next year but we will see.

On a side note the 306 guys want to start planning weekly meets but have been coming up short, maybe we can contribute to those, they have been pretty successful in S'toon.
yeah the stoon meets have like 40 + cars twice a week .
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 6:12 pm

40 cars.. holy shit
Back to top Go down
megapixels
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 6:22 pm

You have to give people a chance to know you, it is always awkward at first. I have never had a problem at any event. Sometimes I stop, sometimes I cruise through just to take a peek at the cars, usually only because I am supposed to be somewhere else. Everyone is welcome, just be polite and respectfull, try and have your car clean and introduce yourselves. If you support local cruise nights, they will get to know you and come and support your local events too. If you ever have a problem and do not feel welcome at these events come and see me, my name is Jason and I drive the big flat black Suburban on 20's. I am a car enthusiast and support all aspects of the hobbie and uasually not a complet ahole.

As for the lack of parking, I know it sucks, but we are starting there on friday at 6pm and then around 9pm we are gonna just cruise over to the north A&W to end out the night as sort of a universal car meeting place. If you do not want to come to the east end, just come to the north one around 9 or after.

To help you be accepted, there are a few easy things to do to help. Alot of guys have owned their cars for a long time and some have spent a fortune on them so they tend to get grouchy if you rev your engine in the parking lot while you are driving between their cars, or spinning tires in the parking lot. If you cruise in slowly through the lot you instantly move up the respect ladder. Also try to avoid leaning on their cars. Other than that they pretty good guys and gals, and they remember they were once your age as well and they will understand your car scene, just introduce youselves, or ask them questions about their cars.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 6:36 pm

problem being all those cruise night guys with there old american cars owners have prostate cancer and are just grumpy cause it hurts to pee
Back to top Go down
JSharp
Rank 8
Rank 8
JSharp

Number of posts : 1577
Vehicle : 2002 Yamaha R1, 2003 Nissan 350z, 2005 Yamaha R6
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 6:42 pm

Moneypits wrote:
problem being all those cruise night guys with there old american cars owners have prostate cancer and are just grumpy cause it hurts to pee

as the batman movie says, "some people just wanna watch the world burn"

Your comments are some of the most depressing to read........ not a bad thing, just sayin (your view on life is bleak and dark)
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 6:44 pm

Moneypits wrote:
Prostate cancer doesnt always make it hurt to pee. It is also catagorized by other things like frequent urination, increased urination at night, trouble keeping a steady stream of urine or even blood in the urine.
I guess these are all things that would make someone grumpy though.
Back to top Go down
Earlface
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 349
Vehicle : 07 Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 7:35 pm

Moneypits wrote:

comments like this, and we wonder why we arent welcome?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 8:01 pm

wheres kyle with the face palms?
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 9:19 pm

my view on life isnt bleak, its fact that people in their fifties are sucesptable to prostate cancer.

your right layne that would make you grumpy which is why they go out buy a car to make themselves feel better.

there prob great guys but ive noticed any time theyre parked or something ill go take a look not saying anything or even in a car and they just glare me down and are unfriendly in general.

and earl lighten up its a comment, no need to worry theyre isnt like anyone over 24 on this site anyways
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 9:30 pm

Moneypits wrote:
my view on life isnt bleak, its fact that people in their fifties are sucesptable to prostate cancer.

your right layne that would make you grumpy which is why they go out buy a car to make themselves feel better.

there prob great guys but ive noticed any time theyre parked or something ill go take a look not saying anything or even in a car and they just glare me down and are unfriendly in general.

and earl lighten up its a comment, no need to worry theyre isnt like anyone over 24 on this site anyways

You remembered how old I am... I am touched.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 11:55 pm

Moneypits wrote:

Reason being there has been incidents in the past.. And some of those cars have paint jobs worth as much as your car.
Back to top Go down
toddler
Rank 5
Rank 5
toddler

Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 12:26 am

I find most of the muscle car guys don't respect imports cause there is no replacement for displacement.... and they don't like to believe that imports can keep up or be faster than their cars. I can respect that their cars are nice but they can't respect us for what we do. They grew up in that time and that's what they like and we grew up in this time and it's what we like but we still seem to respect them for everything they do to their vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 1:13 am

yes ryan i did suprisingly cause im drunk as fuck.

and supra, i dont give a fuck how much their paint is worth, just cause they spent alot of money doesnt mean they get to be total douche bags to everyone.

the no replacement for displacement is funny tho, half there cars would get raped by a third the displacement.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 1:13 am

toddler wrote:
we still seem to respect them for everything they do to their vehicles.

really?
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 1:14 am

the replacement for displacement is weight.

BITCHES
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 1:36 am

240sxy wrote:

BITCHES

HAHA YES!

and supra i respect muscle i do my uncle has the mighty mouse chevelle at SIR and my other uncle had a morris minor with a blown 350

i respect them i just dont respect the people because i show appreciation to their car and they just treat me like shit
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 1:40 am

Moneypits wrote:
240sxy wrote:

BITCHES

HAHA YES!

and supra i respect muscle i do my uncle has the mighty mouse chevelle at SIR and my other uncle had a morris minor with a blown 350

i respect them i just dont respect the people because i show appreciation to their car and they just treat me like shit

I dont belive they are "all" like that. Its no different that most peoples view on mustang owners.. Not all of them think they are the cats pajamas (but yes a lot do)
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 1:43 am

sorry all is the wrong word but all the guys who i see at A&W cause yes i stop there or the people at the ledge on sunday afternoons seem to be so angry and grumpy, i respect there car and show interest in it but they treat me like shit. If they treated me better id have a better view on them.

Im only saying if your a true enthuisiast you respect all aspects of the hobby not just yours
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 2:13 am

Moneypits wrote:
yes ryan i did suprisingly cause im drunk as fuck.

and supra, i dont give a fuck how much their paint is worth, just cause they spent alot of money doesnt mean they get to be total douche bags to everyone.

the no replacement for displacement is funny tho, half there cars would get raped by a third the displacement.

I painted my car in my garage, and I still get pissed when people lean against it, or touch it with their hands. fuck, its not your car, don't touch it.
When you spend time working on something trying to get it to be jsut how you want it, or to the best of your ability, you don't want to take any chances.
I don;t let my white car sit outside when it rains.
Anal? most definately, but its something I've spent 4 years trying to get it the way I want it.
I can respect their philosophy though.
A TRUE enthusisiast wil lrespect any car, aslong as the owner put time/money into getting it to how they want it, and the owner isn;t a tool.
Most of us aren;t true enthusiasts, most of us have the "I'm better than you" mentality. I've done it more than once on any given night. Some tool in a mustang(not you supra) pulls up beside me, and kinda laughs to himself, instantly, right then and there, red flag, this guy is a chump with a tiny dick. that stereotype pops into my head.
But if a guy with a mustang pulls up, gives me a thumbs up, he'll get one in return, regardless of his car.
I made an effort to give the thumbs up to some guy in a heavily modified STI today. and it was the one with the ugly headlights. I can respect the time and effort that went into it.
I think more of us need to work on that mentality
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 2:15 am

240sxy wrote:

BITCHES

don't say that, people will be pulling out their backseats and thier sound deadening right now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A&W cruise night this friday
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next