Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Go down 
+5
lu!$
dev
240sxy
greddy_1700
1eightySX
9 posters
AuthorMessage
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 2:58 am

Alright, for anyone who has seen the movie, let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

Number of posts : 654
Vehicle : 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 10:38 am

I thought it was decent, but not as good as the first. It was basically a giant robot death match (nothing wrong with that) with a very very convenient and predictable story line to go along with it. There is also alot more hand to hand combat this time, so makes for some interesting deaths.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 12:31 pm

someone should put spoiler alert at the top

because

ripping the skin off the spine = sick
construction robots making tht huge one = more sick
optimus merging with that old fart = mind blowing.

i HATED the fight scenes in this one, it was just a blur of bodies flying everywhere, and unlike the first, you couldnt really follow the battleground layout well.

that camaro looks soo good with black stripes and hood scoops now too.
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 1:02 pm

Quote :
i HATED the fight scenes in this one, it was just a blur of bodies flying everywhere, and unlike the first, you couldnt really follow the battleground layout well.

Agreed. Although it is the job of the director to give that affect as if everything is going by so fast, this was a little too much and hard to follow.

Quote :
that camaro looks soo good with black stripes and hood scoops now too.

Agreed! Sounds fantastic as well.

Overall this movie seemed to be funnier too which I didn't mind. I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 1:45 pm

It was cool that they put devastator in it although why did it have balls?

Jetfire was kind of neat and was cool take on that characters origin, the English accent was weird but understandable I guess.
Got to say Prime putting on the Jetfire pants and parading around was not my cup of tea and was a little Power Rangers or at the very least anime transformers. I Could have done without Mudflap and Skid they were fine but there are so any more main stream characters they could have used, ie: Sunstreaker, Prowl, Hound.

The action scenes were alot better this time in that Prime held his own which is the way it should be.

I think it is weird how they have to keep reminding us that Megan Fox is hot.... like we would forget, but just in case we do they have robot which is incapable of sexual reproduction hump her leg.

I would still say go see the movie and make up your own mind, it wasn't awesome but cars turning into robots is fun enough to see for the price of admission.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 2:41 pm

what i dont understand is

megatron kicked OP's ass 1on1 in the first movie, but all of a sudden prime can take on 3+ deceptacons at a time, is it because megatron isnt in the same body?

and speaking of which, i dont really understand how they killed that other robot and megatron switched bodies. what did they do
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 2:50 pm

240sxy wrote:
what i dont understand is

megatron kicked OP's ass 1on1 in the first movie, but all of a sudden prime can take on 3+ deceptacons at a time, is it because megatron isnt in the same body?

and speaking of which, i dont really understand how they killed that other robot and megatron switched bodies. what did they do

See i was think the same, like it is cool that Prime was a lot tougher(as he should be) but then why did they need the spark to bring him back to life when they could just repair him? Also, isn't that Ratchet's job to repair the autobots and if Megatron can come back then why not Autobot Jazz?

I guess Ratchet was too busy not talking to help out? Finally I don't understand how they can steal parts from dead robots and why they don't do it more often? God know If I was a robot and could Highlander people's powers that is all I would do.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 3:02 pm

crap half way though this thread i was like... what am i doing? i dont wanna know anythign till i see it...
then ill join here again.... but yeah i wonder how stronger they ara when they transform into a big semi as to transforming in a cell phone.... whats the power level difference in the machine they turn into?
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 3:19 pm

luispizarro25 wrote:
crap half way though this thread i was like... what am i doing? i dont wanna know anythign till i see it...
then ill join here again.... but yeah i wonder how stronger they ara when they transform into a big semi as to transforming in a cell phone.... whats the power level difference in the machine they turn into?

Wow, wow that sounds way to scientific.

I think their strength is suppose to be relevant to their size, to some degree. IE: devastator would fight Omega Supreme or the aerial Bots. But that gets thrown out the window with people like Brawn as he is apparently very strong but one of the smaller guys.

In the film I would say the size thing holds true, one foot or less a human, two feet to four feet is almost too much for one human. Anything, bigger than that is too much for a human but easy for say a decent sized transformer. Otherwise big guys fight the big guys and so on and so forth.

That is the best answer I can give from watching both movies, Gen 1 and the 1984 movie, and some of transformers animated.

Now quick somebody ask me who would win a fight, Superman or Batman... I am on a nerd roll.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 3:28 pm

LOL holi your such a transformer fanboy... dang man i watch these movies for the action, but you seem to know eveysingle character/detail of them....
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 3:35 pm

They didn't just "repair" Megatron to bring him back, they stole the shard of the cube to bring him back but he was lacking parts, so they killed the other robot to use some of his parts. Seeing as they used the shard to bring Megatron back because he is a deceptacon, they couldn't use it on optimus because he isn't a deceptacon, the shards/cube can only make deceptacons, that is why everything they touch becomes bad, so he couldn't use his little shard on optimus he had to grab the key, and repairing him wouldn't bring his spark back, that is why the key was needed.

Last edited by SteveK on June 26th 2009, 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 3:36 pm

luispizarro25 wrote:
LOL holi your such a transformer fanboy... dang man i watch these movies for the action, but you seem to know eveysingle character/detail of them....

I use to think that I was a huge fan but actually I know very little. One of the guys I work with is huge transformers fanboy. While I am on car forums he is on transformer forums.

Just imagine somewhere out there on the web there is somebody like Adrian but instead of liking cars... they love transformers. Scary isn't it?
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 3:43 pm

SteveK wrote:
They didn't just "repair" Megatron to bring him back, they stole the shard of the cube to bring him back but he was lacking parts, so they killed the other robot to use some of his parts. Seeing as they used the shard to bring Megatron back because he is a deceptacon, they couldn't use it on megatron because he isn't a deceptacon, the shards/cube can only make deceptacons, that is why everything they touch becomes bad, so he couldn't use his little shard on optimus he had to grab the key, and repairing him wouldn't bring his spark back, that is why the key was needed.

Isn't that effed up logic though? Because both sides were fighting for this cube because it is meant to be their life line to Cybertron's past but then it only makes decipticons. I guess my complaint is that there is no real consistency. Really in theory they just needed to get enough power running through optimus to turn him back one, I guess. Tie that together with a few after life run in with the Primes and you got yourself a few plot holes. Again, it is no big deal, It is meant to sell toys and cars... so I can't expect too much?
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 3:58 pm

i get it now,

megatron was just a hybrid with excess parts like prime was with airplane parts

i was under the impression megatron swapped bodies

i guess that explains why he could still fly
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 5:09 pm

WOW. You guys are geeks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 5:26 pm

1eightySX wrote:

I think it is weird how they have to keep reminding us that Megan Fox is hot.... like we would forget, but just in case we do they have robot which is incapable of sexual reproduction hump her leg.

I would still say go see the movie and make up your own mind, it wasn't awesome but cars turning into robots is fun enough to see for the price of admission.
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Toethumb_gif1
Now look at that thumb. You may think to yourself, "why, that looks vaugly familiar"
DO YOU KNOW WHY?
becasue it belongs on your toe, not a thumb

ANYWAYS, I'd still give the movie thumbs up... I mean toes... fuck
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 2169173827_005edafb3d_m
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2009, 2:39 am

Golks wrote:
WOW. You guys are geeks. Smile

Hey why don't you tell me how awesome you think the Goonies was.... this ain't no turbo civic thread old man, so you should watch what you say.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2009, 2:50 am

240sxy wrote:
i get it now,

megatron was just a hybrid with excess parts like prime was with airplane parts

i was under the impression megatron swapped bodies

i guess that explains why he could still fly

How do you always miss so much when you watch movies? I seem to remember you doing the same thing when you watched the Dark Knight or Batman Begins.

.... I get it now, movies are to you, what S chassis knowledge is to me and Vise Versa.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2009, 8:32 am

WTF yeah Marshall when I saw the first movvie I was like lol John: whaaaaaaat!
Thats still in my mind when i think scout that woman.... Mmmm she is effin foxyly hot anyways!
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2009, 11:11 pm

jesse and i saw this yesterday in edmonton at the IMAX theater and it was unreal!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Other :: Off Topic-
Jump to: