HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 diamond kote

Go down 
AuthorMessage
toddler
Rank 5
Rank 5
toddler

Number of posts : 546
Age : 32
Location : Regina
Registration date : 2009-06-16

diamond kote Empty
PostSubject: diamond kote   diamond kote Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 7:48 pm

Does any one use diamond kote on their vehicle?
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7


Number of posts : 1211
Age : 28
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Location : Regina
Registration date : 2008-08-29

diamond kote Empty
PostSubject: Re: diamond kote   diamond kote Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 10:46 pm

I use it on my vehicle, every chemical Universal has is diamond kote except for the tire dressing which is luster glaze. What would ya like to know?
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9


Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

diamond kote Empty
PostSubject: Re: diamond kote   diamond kote Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 11:36 pm

i use a lot of diamond kote as well, every time i wash my car, instead of drying i use quick wax, leaves a streak free shine!
Back to top Go down
toddler
Rank 5
Rank 5
toddler

Number of posts : 546
Age : 32
Location : Regina
Registration date : 2009-06-16

diamond kote Empty
PostSubject: Re: diamond kote   diamond kote Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 11:39 pm

I just wanted to get other opinion on it I have been thinking about using it once I paint the car. I use it a lot on other cars at my work...
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7


Number of posts : 1211
Age : 28
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Location : Regina
Registration date : 2008-08-29

diamond kote Empty
PostSubject: Re: diamond kote   diamond kote Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2009, 3:01 pm

toddler wrote:
I just wanted to get other opinion on it I have been thinking about using it once I paint the car. I use it a lot on other cars at my work...

Yeah I personally only recommend Luster Glaze over Diamond Kote. Nothing else has touched mine or JP's cars as well as anything else that comes out of our shop. Definitely recommended!
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Age : 31
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Location : Regina/Tisdale
Registration date : 2008-08-05

diamond kote Empty
PostSubject: Re: diamond kote   diamond kote Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2009, 3:21 pm

i like to use carnauba wax. leaves a nice finish ($1200 a container or something)

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/08/video-the-10-000-car-wash/
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Age : 65
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Location : Regina.
Registration date : 2008-02-29

diamond kote Empty
PostSubject: Re: diamond kote   diamond kote Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2009, 4:04 pm

its been proven time and time again, you cannot beat carnuba wax.
Its durability sucks though, you often have to re-do it every month or so.
DO NOT wax/polish your car for atleast 90 days after you paint it.
Synthetic waxes like diamond coat use polymers. And while these are extremely hard and durable, they allow the paint underneat to oxidize. So if you have a colour like red, I would stay away from it, becasue it is almost impossible to remove these polymers, they must wear away naturally.
just some food for though.
I have seen JP's car in person, and it looks spectacular, it does wonders.
What colour are you painting you car?
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Age : 31
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Location : Regina/Tisdale
Registration date : 2008-08-05

diamond kote Empty
PostSubject: Re: diamond kote   diamond kote Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2009, 4:18 pm

Bayside blue if I could, probably leave it white

"Please pull me over Orange" from lambourghini
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7


Number of posts : 1211
Age : 28
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Location : Regina
Registration date : 2008-08-29

diamond kote Empty
PostSubject: Re: diamond kote   diamond kote Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2009, 4:36 pm

Marshal wrote:
its been proven time and time again, you cannot beat carnuba wax.
Its durability sucks though, you often have to re-do it every month or so.
DO NOT wax/polish your car for atleast 90 days after you paint it.
Synthetic waxes like diamond coat use polymers. And while these are extremely hard and durable, they allow the paint underneat to oxidize. So if you have a colour like red, I would stay away from it, becasue it is almost impossible to remove these polymers, they must wear away naturally.
just some food for though.
I have seen JP's car in person, and it looks spectacular, it does wonders.
What colour are you painting you car?

True. But the waxes/polishing products on JP's car and my car are from Luster Glaze. Diamond Kote products that we use are like glass cleaner, all purpose cleaner, wash n glow shampoo, diasol (for tough shit to get out) fabric shampoo etc.
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Age : 33
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Location : Regina
Registration date : 2008-06-22

diamond kote Empty
PostSubject: Re: diamond kote   diamond kote Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2009, 6:28 pm

dev wrote:
I use it on my vehicle, every chemical Universal has is diamond kote except for the tire dressing which is luster glaze. What would ya like to know?

I'd like to know why I got such a shitty wash and wasn't treated to this! I might have actually paid you if the job was done good! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
toddler
Rank 5
Rank 5
toddler

Number of posts : 546
Age : 32
Location : Regina
Registration date : 2009-06-16

diamond kote Empty
PostSubject: Re: diamond kote   diamond kote Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2009, 6:56 pm

I will be painting my car laser blue from the 2009 mini
Back to top Go down
eden
Rank 2
Rank 2
eden

Number of posts : 93
Vehicle : S197
Location : North Burbz
Registration date : 2008-09-27

diamond kote Empty
PostSubject: Re: diamond kote   diamond kote Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2009, 1:08 am

3M products FTW. you can make almost the worst of vehicles look deadly with a 3 stage polish. their 5 stage system makes clear coat look like glass. and feels absolutely smooooth. of course if the scratch is past the clear coat, your SOL, touch up paint FTW!!
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9


Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

diamond kote Empty
PostSubject: Re: diamond kote   diamond kote Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2009, 2:08 am

RyanR wrote:
dev wrote:
I use it on my vehicle, every chemical Universal has is diamond kote except for the tire dressing which is luster glaze. What would ya like to know?

I'd like to know why I got such a shitty wash and wasn't treated to this! I might have actually paid you if the job was done good! affraid

i like your car I love you
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7


Number of posts : 1211
Age : 28
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Location : Regina
Registration date : 2008-08-29

diamond kote Empty
PostSubject: Re: diamond kote   diamond kote Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2009, 4:10 pm

JP wrote:
RyanR wrote:
dev wrote:
I use it on my vehicle, every chemical Universal has is diamond kote except for the tire dressing which is luster glaze. What would ya like to know?

I'd like to know why I got such a shitty wash and wasn't treated to this! I might have actually paid you if the job was done good! affraid

i like your car I love you

It rained after! that's not fair the clean was good!
Back to top Go down
toddler
Rank 5
Rank 5
toddler

Number of posts : 546
Age : 32
Location : Regina
Registration date : 2009-06-16

diamond kote Empty
PostSubject: Re: diamond kote   diamond kote Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2009, 1:28 pm

so diamond kote is ok to use but people prefer to use wax instead? is that what I'm getting from all of this Razz
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Age : 65
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Location : Regina.
Registration date : 2008-02-29

diamond kote Empty
PostSubject: Re: diamond kote   diamond kote Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2009, 3:02 pm

toddler wrote:
so diamond kote is ok to use but people prefer to use wax instead? is that what I'm getting from all of this Razz
um what?
diamond coat is good if your paint doesn't oxidize. It is probablya bad decision to use it one red/black cars if your paint is old.
If you have new paint, you shouldn't even think about waxing for atleast 3 months
Back to top Go down
toddler
Rank 5
Rank 5
toddler

Number of posts : 546
Age : 32
Location : Regina
Registration date : 2009-06-16

diamond kote Empty
PostSubject: Re: diamond kote   diamond kote Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2009, 10:39 pm

ok easy enough yeah I didn't plan on using the diamond kote for awhile after I paint it i know it's not good for it but thank you for the imput Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




diamond kote Empty
PostSubject: Re: diamond kote   diamond kote Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
diamond kote
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» London Diamond League Results
» Brussels Diamond League Results
» Denis Cyplenkov vs 122 kg and Kote Razmadze
» unusual metal detector - tv news ch10 - bingle diamond search
» Cross-Terrain Radial: STI Presents The All-New Black Diamond

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: Car Care-
Jump to: