Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wtf car too low

Go down 
+5
lu!$
RyanR
Moneypits
Marshal
jdm_itr
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 5:40 pm

so i figured out what happend to my car the left front axle piled up acura sez its cause my car is to low does that make sence ?
or would it be from to much stress from auto x
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 5:54 pm

too low makes sense. Look at the suspension geometry when it is that low, and look at hoe the CV shaft sits.
Is it at a strange angle?
Or maybe they just do not like lowered cars
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 6:05 pm

Marshal wrote:
too low makes sense. Look at the suspension geometry when it is that low, and look at hoe the CV shaft sits.
Is it at a strange angle?
Or maybe they just do not like lowered cars
i never really looked at my cv angle lol it makes sence that it would be tighter but i see low cars like that all the time
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 6:16 pm

lowering a car puts new stresses on old parts of cars though.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 6:51 pm

its because cv axles are supposed to be at a downward angle when you lower your car especially hondas that low the cvs are acutally on an angle upwards which puts enormous amounts of stress on them.

If you want to keep it that low you gotta get cvs rated for a lot more horsepower to handle the stress. ive talked to hasport about this and to jason on this site
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-22

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 6:58 pm

Moneypits wrote:
its because cv axles are supposed to be at a downward angle when you lower your car especially hondas that low the cvs are acutally on an angle upwards which puts enormous amounts of stress on them.

If you want to keep it that low you gotta get cvs rated for a lot more horsepower to handle the stress. ive talked to hasport about this and to jason on this site

They should be dead nuts flush when the car is at ride height. the plunging of the inner joint allows for up and down movement when the suspension travels. When you lower the car you are essentially keeping the outer joint at original height but lowering the inner joint. You`re plunging action is severally limited now because of the extreme angle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 7:01 pm

Moneypits wrote:

i guess a j's racing makes a Roll Center Adjuster that fix's this problem it corects the axle alinement i think i will just raise my car up Sad
wtf car too low 3553762614_93e3a58448_b
wtf car too low 3552959229_aaa6210b28_b
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 7:03 pm

o ok yeah well im not a mechanic haha just trying to explain what hasport told me about the inner joint having way to much stress on it cause i was inquiring about there high horsepower axles and he mentioned having slammed car is really bad especially for fwd
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 7:10 pm

i say get air bags and give me those coilovers... then you can be slammed all the time and when its time to have fun then you can rise up again...
YEs? bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 7:14 pm

lol no dice !
and i have to raise my car anyway to fit my new rims no more ballin status Sad
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 11:30 pm

so i found out acura is fucking me over hard so fuck mechanic shops im not taking my cars to them any more im really mad so im ordering my own drive shafts and doing it myself it cant be that hard No
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 11:32 pm

if its just the drive shaft that is fucked you can get one from part source for 90 bucks if you return the core and its lifetime warranty.
if you want to replace it let me know and ill help you out, its like 10 min or less

if we could do this with your car we could change it on the way to AutoX this friday. im down!
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 11:42 pm

luispizarro25 wrote:
if its just the drive shaft that is fucked you can get one from part source for 90 bucks if you return the core and its lifetime warranty.
if you want to replace it let me know and ill help you out, its like 10 min or less

if we could do this with your car we could change it on the way to AutoX this friday. im down!
lol me and my buddy are gunna do it he has a garage in regina
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 11:44 pm

luispizarro25 wrote:

i would like to see that. the civic has a new cv shaft... lol wasnt a 10 min job Razz
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 11:47 pm

raboyto2 wrote:
luispizarro25 wrote:

i would like to see that. the civic has a new cv shaft... lol wasnt a 10 min job Razz
my friend said the same thing he is like 10 - 15 min a side tops i was like when i did the motor swap in my old car it was a pain in the ass ! so show me the ten min way lol he said bring 24 and he will show me so its cheaper than the 500$ labor acura is charging
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 11:51 pm

I just got engine swap and when we put the new shaft it didn't take long after we knew what to do. Then we found out that the cv shaft same as kyles was messed up and when to my mechanic to get it changed kuz I didn't have the tools and he got it done in about 10 minutes. He had an impact gun and a wooden block to hold the fork. I could prbly takes us 20 at the most
Back to top Go down
Jason-
Rank 3
Rank 3
Jason-

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-02-20

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 11:57 pm

Im on my second set of axels, And I expect to replace them many more times.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 12:00 am

Jason- wrote:
Im on my second set of axels, And I expect to replace them many more times.
i was reading on honda tech and those a j's things are supose to correct the issue and there the same price as axles
Back to top Go down
oneurt
Rank 1
Rank 1

Number of posts : 9
Vehicle : 08 MS3
Registration date : 2009-06-09

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 1:07 pm

I'd probably still look at getting those even if you raise your car a to accomodate your new wheels. Should help take some stress off of your axles, and considering its the same price as one its well worth it, especially if you plan to drive your car hard every track event.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 1:41 pm

oneurt wrote:
I'd probably still look at getting those even if you raise your car a to accomodate your new wheels. Should help take some stress off of your axles, and considering its the same price as one its well worth it, especially if you plan to drive your car hard every track event.
x2.. reliability is important...
then you can say you ahve J's parts...lol
i would recommend read more on this devices and see how effective they are
Back to top Go down
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

Number of posts : 654
Vehicle : 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-05-14

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 2:29 pm

luispizarro25 wrote:
I just got engine swap and when we put the new shaft it didn't take long after we knew what to do.

Yeah, maybe 10 minutes to put the new one in, you still need to remove the wheel, brakes, tie rods / ball joints from the hub, pry out the axle, put the axle in, reconnect the ball joints / tie rods to the hub, put the brakes back on, torque the axle nut, install the wheel, and lower it back down. If you can do all that in 10-15 minutes I will buy you as much beer as you can possibly drink.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 2:38 pm

greddy_1700 wrote:
luispizarro25 wrote:
I just got engine swap and when we put the new shaft it didn't take long after we knew what to do.

Yeah, maybe 10 minutes to put the new one in, you still need to remove the wheel, brakes, tie rods / ball joints from the hub, pry out the axle, put the axle in, reconnect the ball joints / tie rods to the hub, put the brakes back on, torque the axle nut, install the wheel, and lower it back down. If you can do all that in 10-15 minutes I will buy you as much beer as you can possibly drink.
thats what i was thinking lol
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 3:28 pm

not quite that quick but when i worked at honda for a while after few times i had it down pretty quick to pull the wheel axle nut ball joints etc, both axles pulled and replaced and everything put back together in under 45 minutes, than again this was on 06 or something so no corrosion or rust to deal with
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 3:37 pm

greddy_1700 wrote:
luispizarro25 wrote:

ill let my mechanic know of this. He only had an impact gun, a torque wrench and a wooden block... too bad he just likes tequila and he is like 15 minutes away from the city. else i could get him to show you how he does it. I saw it with my eyes. but who really cares anyways....
he does it for living and im sure non of us here even do it more than once a month so there ya go... drunken

btw i dont think you need to remove the brakes, not in mine anyways
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2009, 10:12 am

did he disconnect the lower control arm, swing out the entire suspesion/hub assembly , support it with a block of wood, and slide the new axel in?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wtf car too low Empty
PostSubject: Re: wtf car too low   wtf car too low Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wtf car too low
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: