Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where do you guys fill up?

Go down 
+8
Piett
Justin
JDK
corey
veedub
Harper
CamJohns122
Rob
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Where do you guys fill up? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys fill up?   Where do you guys fill up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2008, 2:21 pm

Golks wrote:
CamJohns122 wrote:
Yeah but i bought a bunch of octane booster when it was cheap and on sale at can tire also from the states its dirt cheap

You realize that when the octane booster states that it raises Octane by ay '5 points' it means .5 octane. Not 5 fullpoints.

So NOS 'Racing' formula states 'Up to 7 points' . Adding that to 87 octane fuel will get you up to a whopping 87.7 octane. the difference between 87 and premium in a Civic with a 45 litre tank is about $4.50 when filling a completely empty tank.

To get up to 91 Octane you would need about 4 bottles to reach 91 octane. Not to mention octane boosters are known to fuck up your o2 sensor and other shit in your engine if you abuse them.

I wasnt actually being serious i just have some and why not throw it in for fun, im not gonna go throwing in octane booster everytime i fill up thats retarded i just have a bunc h i got when it was on sale and it states 20 -25 points also. So its not something to get your panties in a bunch about im just fooling around cause gas will be so high
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys fill up?   Where do you guys fill up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2008, 2:31 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:

I wasnt actually being serious i just have some and why not throw it in for fun, im not gonna go throwing in octane booster everytime i fill up thats retarded i just have a bunc h i got when it was on sale and it states 20 -25 points also. So its not something to get your panties in a bunch about im just fooling around cause gas will be so high

My panties aren't in a bunch. Don't worry.

All I was doing was giving you and others a heads up about Octane boosters. They aren't 'as advertised'. That is all. Alotof people think that they have race gas as soon as they add a bottle to their tank.

I bet that 95% percent of the cars on this board that say they 'require' or 'recomend' premium will run just fine on 87. New cars have the capability to retard timing and use 87.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys fill up?   Where do you guys fill up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2008, 2:32 pm

Also, if you don;t mind me asking. What kind of booster do you have that advertises 20-25 points? That stuff might actually be worth while depending on the price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys fill up?   Where do you guys fill up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2008, 2:34 pm

Aight cool well iono what ill do cause premiums gonna be hella expensive but my cars not supposed to run on premium so thats a plus
Back to top Go down
Justin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 363
Vehicle : 00' GSR
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys fill up?   Where do you guys fill up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2008, 2:36 pm

At the moment I siphon gas from a blue integra but I will soon be switching to a black civic.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys fill up?   Where do you guys fill up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2008, 8:32 am

I hate how my car has no knock sensors. "requires" 91 octane(especially with the chip), is my car's way of saying it like my wallet nice and light, to save weight and all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you guys fill up?   Where do you guys fill up? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you guys fill up?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2