Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tuning Performance

Go down 
+6
240sxy
Marshal
playboyz28
dr.dub
Noops
CamJohns122
10 posters
AuthorMessage
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Tuning Performance Empty
PostSubject: Tuning Performance   Tuning Performance Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2008, 4:56 pm

Does anyone on here have any experience with tuning, such as how to do it and stuff or know of any good shops that can do it, i have a socketed chip for my ECU that i can tune with Uberdata but im not sure how to go about doing it, just wondering because id like to maximize my performance once i do some more modifications
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Tuning Performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning Performance   Tuning Performance Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2008, 4:54 am

CamJohns122 wrote:
Does anyone on here have any experience with tuning, such as how to do it and stuff or know of any good shops that can do it, i have a socketed chip for my ECU that i can tune with Uberdata but im not sure how to go about doing it, just wondering because id like to maximize my performance once i do some more modifications

I would also like to know>? Is there any shops in Regina that can tune Ecu's/install several different types of Aftermarket Parts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
dr.dub
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Tuning Performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning Performance   Tuning Performance Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2008, 11:49 am

your pretty limited in regina your best bet is to pony up and get some dyno time in saskatoon and get it done right the first time.
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Snap-On Tool Truck
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Tuning Performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning Performance   Tuning Performance Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2008, 1:16 pm

Cam, what did you figure out with the running issues for your car?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Tuning Performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning Performance   Tuning Performance Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2008, 1:27 pm

its running too rich, probably due to the "tuned" ECU in it. unfortunately, I agree with Dub. Pay the money, and get the dyno time. Or else you're going to spend enless time trying to do different street pulls and in the end, you'll probably still have it running below par. If you take me with you to Stoon, I'll chip in some cash for the dyno.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Tuning Performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning Performance   Tuning Performance Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2008, 2:27 pm

take it to performance+ in saskatoon to get it dyno tuned. its just over $100 an hour.

or you can get a wideband+egt gauge and take it to sheldon to do some datalogged pulls.
Back to top Go down
Jason-
Rank 3
Rank 3
Jason-

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Tuning Performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning Performance   Tuning Performance Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2008, 3:22 pm

$100.00/hr for the dyno
$130.00/hr for the dyno and tune.
Back to top Go down
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

Number of posts : 1554
Vehicle : ce9a
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Tuning Performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning Performance   Tuning Performance Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2008, 4:30 pm

Jason- wrote:
$100.00/hr for the dyno
were the fuck do you get those numbers. the dyno i know is a hundred, im paying a guy $40 to tune my car next weekend in saskatoon.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Tuning Performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning Performance   Tuning Performance Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2008, 4:37 pm

Noops H2 wrote:
CamJohns122 wrote:

I would also like to know>? Is there any shops in Regina that can tune Ecu's/install several different types of Aftermarket Parts?

if you guys really want to do some "nice" mods and like ECU re-mapping go to www.tunerworks.com or www.speedtech.com, i just moved out here from Calgary and i was kinda pissed on how there are no import shops here....but ya here are two really good shops and you guys should give them a shout and they will pretty much tell you what to do/buy and what works best for your set up.
Back to top Go down
Jason-
Rank 3
Rank 3
Jason-

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Tuning Performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning Performance   Tuning Performance Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2008, 4:46 pm

taylorvw wrote:
Jason- wrote:
$100.00/hr for the dyno
were the fuck do you get those numbers. the dyno i know is a hundred, im paying a guy $40 to tune my car next weekend in saskatoon.

From P+ Go to this website and look under Chassis Dyno Rates and Custom tuning packages.

http://plustest.no-ip.org/Qstore1/Qstore.cgi
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Tuning Performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning Performance   Tuning Performance Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2008, 5:28 pm

I got Quoted on Speedtech already, im just going to get it down at speedtech in Stoon, they have a couple of places
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

Number of posts : 1554
Vehicle : ce9a
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Tuning Performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning Performance   Tuning Performance Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2008, 9:41 pm

Jason- wrote:
taylorvw wrote:
Jason- wrote:
$100.00/hr for the dyno

From P+ Go to this website and look under Chassis Dyno Rates and Custom tuning packages.

http://plustest.no-ip.org/Qstore1/Qstore.cgi

Nice i got quoted from the tuner who used to work there. the new guy there is just shit i guess so i got the old guys email and we worked out a price.
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Tuning Performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning Performance   Tuning Performance Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2008, 4:09 am

It took forever to get quoted from speedtech and they wanted 1200 for kpro on my ecu. Insane so I'm sending my type s ecu I have here to thmotorsports down south for 850. And he never answered my question about tuning or my phone calls, asshole he is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tuning Performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning Performance   Tuning Performance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tuning Performance
Page 1 of 1