Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not something that strolls into work too often

Go down 
+5
jdm_itr
Piett
megapixels
Marshal
dev
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Not something that strolls into work too often Empty
PostSubject: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2009, 9:40 pm

So a normal thursday night kinda got a little more interesting when i get a call saying the 2009 Roush Mustang GT has been sold and needs a clean/chemical package applied. Well that definitely got me a little more excited than usual haha. I know most dont like mustangs but this car is really nice in my opinion. Well time for pics! Sorry about my shitty phone quality.

Dash
Not something that strolls into work too often SSPX0092
Boost Gauge / Jack Roush Signature
Not something that strolls into work too often SSPX0093
Short Shifter
Not something that strolls into work too often SSPX0094
Big dirty Chrome Supercharger
Not something that strolls into work too often SSPX0100
After its wash
Not something that strolls into work too often SSPX0103
Close up on Roush Racing Wheesl/ BFGoodrinch Tires
Not something that strolls into work too often SSPX0104
After Clean/Paint Sealant Applied
Not something that strolls into work too often SSPX0105
Front End
Not something that strolls into work too often SSPX0106
Side Angle
Not something that strolls into work too often SSPX0107
Back End
Not something that strolls into work too often SSPX0108
Full Engine Bay
Not something that strolls into work too often SSPX0110

C&C Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 2:12 am

I would so grow a mullet to drive this car. I bet it goes straight fast
Back to top Go down
megapixels
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 9:35 am

Marshal wrote:
What do you mean it goes straight fast? In the 1/4mile? Top end? It's made to go fast all around, there is a tone of suspension up grades in it to corner better.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 10:44 am

megapixels wrote:
Marshal wrote:
What do you mean it goes straight fast? In the 1/4mile? Top end? It's made to go fast all around, there is a tone of suspension up grades in it to corner better.

Corner better than what? the regular GT version? there's no doubt in my mind about that.
But, its a heavy, solid axle car. I'll leave it at at. Its nice nonetheless.
Dev, how much boost does it see?
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 11:46 am

not a bad way to spend 80 grand
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 2:39 am

still a fuckin mustang
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 4:32 am

mustang and handling should never be used in the same sentence...
Back to top Go down
megapixels
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 7:19 am

It does not run 275 tires on all 4 corners for no reason. I would pit it up against any auto x car any time, and it would hold it's own. The world has been racing solid axle cars alot longer than independent. With the proper set up they handle extremely well.
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 9:39 am

Marshal wrote:
megapixels wrote:
Marshal wrote:

Corner better than what? the regular GT version? there's no doubt in my mind about that.
But, its a heavy, solid axle car. I'll leave it at at. Its nice nonetheless.
Dev, how much boost does it see?

Owner said he hit 10 i wasn't allowed to get out of second gear lol.
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 4:20 pm

megapixels wrote:
It does not run 275 tires on all 4 corners for no reason. I would pit it up against any auto x car any time, and it would hold it's own. The world has been racing solid axle cars alot longer than independent. With the proper set up they handle extremely well.

you think that massive mustang would be a good auto x car..... sorry its a nice car, and has plenty of potential for maybe a road course.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 4:23 pm

megapixels wrote:

The world was also racing with carberators for along time aswell. And it makes for a poor areguement.
Like Jhall said, it is a very nice car, and by no means a slouch in the speed department. Just corners are not its Forte. And they didn't stick with a solid beam becasue it made for a good handeling car, they stuck with it becasue it was cheaper. I've read its not even that strong for the dragstrip(although that was just the GT versions)
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 4:24 pm

megapixels wrote:

Borrow one and bring it out. I will personally cough up $50 bucks if you could beat Chris Dahlin in his stock AE86
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 6:33 pm

Jhall wrote:
megapixels wrote:

you think that massive mustang would be a good auto x car..... sorry its a nice car, and has plenty of potential for maybe a road course.

Well it is quite heavy sitting at 3,356 lb's , I mean the outside is made for looks. So yeah I agree i think it would be fun for driving and or some road racing.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 6:39 pm

I thought they were around the 3500 range?
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 6:44 pm

Supra wrote:

Just googled it right quick might have gotten the wrong one lol. You're probably right though.

EDIT: Hit 12 when I was in neutral if that means anything lol
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2009, 3:29 am

dev wrote:
Supra wrote:

Just googled it right quick might have gotten the wrong one lol. You're probably right though.

EDIT: Hit 12 when I was in neutral if that means anything lol

This is why I do not take my car places to get work done
Back to top Go down
megapixels
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2009, 7:23 am

Here is some reading that would put this so called racer AE86 out to pasture.
http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=471 This is not stock,this is a all round performance upgraded car, made to perform on all levels, not just drag strip, not just auto x and meant to do it without breaking down. I am not a mustang fan, but I have driven and worked on most of the roush mustangs around Regina and can vouch for them not being stock. If you drove one you would see the difference this car is, it does not even compare to stock. It's like the difference between a grand am and corvette.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2009, 9:23 am

google'd some, 12.8@108 the way it sits

not too shabby....

in the autox department, it doesnt matter if its stock or not stock. the weight is its downfall. even if the suspension is painted BLUE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not something that strolls into work too often   Not something that strolls into work too often Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not something that strolls into work too often
Page 1 of 1