Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!

Go down 
+20
subbie
1eightySX
its.eric
JSharp
Jhall
dev
SteveK
canadian_ef
d3v
240sxy
Thai-kun
Marshal
JYB116
lu!$
RyanR
Black
Moneypits
laynehip
Soup
duggyb
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
duggyb

Number of posts : 680
Vehicle : 09' Mustang GT & 94' Nissan Silvia
Registration date : 2009-04-07

New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Empty
PostSubject: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 7:48 pm

Hey guys i am new to the QC forums so Hello!

might as well get to the point this thread is about opinions on what i should get as a car....there is a bit of a crew i run with currently but i don't have a car to keep up(trucks are slow)..so now(within a month) is the time to get one...current cars i run with

2009 Subaru WRX 265 hatch with THE perfect mod
2009 Ford Focus SES coupe with slight mods
2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart with Twin Clutch SST and no mods
2004 Mazda RX8 with no mods
2004 Ion Redline Stage 2 with LOTS of mods
1996 Mustang GT 4.6 with LOTS of mods

all of these cars are running over 200hp and can lay it down good so i am going to need something to stick with em

Budget-$10,000
Location-Across Canada/USA
Definite No's-Any Honda or Acura or a car that is already in my crew

I would prefer something that gets decent fuel mileage as it will be a daily driver and would also prefer something that has a backseat but will consider cars without

current cars in the running

-2001-2004 Audi TT Quattro 225 Coupe
-2004+ Nissan 350z's Coupe
-Mercedes SLK230 Hardtop Convertible

Let the ideas flow!!

Thanks.
Dustin
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 7:53 pm

350 with rb26 swap done and done
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:09 pm

well we wouldnt want your crew to be dissing yah bro
so get teh hot ass mercedes dawg
itta be crazy
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:10 pm

your pretty optimistic about your prices you wont find any of those cars for 10,000 garunteed unless your looking at US pricing then do the exchange rate plus taxes, saftey, etc. your looking more like 13-14 thousand CAD

maybe wanna go for less european brands as they tend to hold theyre value better especially only being a few years old

whats wrong with honda? your running with a focus and Ion regardless

probably dont wanna bring down the good name of honda running with those cars
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:13 pm

Buy a Skyrine, then you can do some mega swank JDM style drifts with SUPPA DUPPA HICAS!

Your focus ion buddies will be ultra jealous dawg
Back to top Go down
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
duggyb

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:18 pm

as for the Honda topic...i think they are great cars but hate how sooooo many people have ruined them as a name not to mention there is an abundance of these cars in Regina and i kind of want something slightly different

also not to sound self centered but of the 3 cars listed all can be had for 10 notes to the penny through some people i know at dealer auctions and such so although slightly optimistic i don't think its unrealistic

eg, 2001 Audi TT Quattro S-Line coupe,silver 5 speed manual,black leather interior...160,000 km just sold in Calgary for $10,043.65

and yes thanks for tapping on the value point the one sweet thing about hondas is resale...i just still cant see myself driving one...so i guess i will just have to sacrifice resale

skylines are nice...does anyone know approx how many are in Regina? it seems like a fad these days and i would hate to get caught in that, also how do they run in the winter with winter tires? controllable?

and keep the ideas flowing guys!!

Thanks.
Dustin

Last edited by duggyb on April 22nd 2009, 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:20 pm

if you really want to be unique buy a camry
i bet you your crew wouldnt dare buy a camry
make sure its beige
Back to top Go down
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
duggyb

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:22 pm

camrys have over 200hp? haha

Thanks.
Dustin
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:23 pm

duggyb wrote:

Thanks.
Dustin
i guess not

buy that older black m5 sitting in the lot by hyundai
Back to top Go down
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
duggyb

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:24 pm

do you know what year it is?

Thanks.
Dustin
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:25 pm

only one skyline and it drifts in the winter mad tyte

well if you throwin' down 10 notes is this canadian or american notes? cause that seems pretty cheap

well 350z and mercedes seem like a terrible winter car choice ones a convertible and the other has 300hp and both are RWD

id say late mid 2000's WRX

or if convertible early 2000's bmw z3

or ford windstar with huge turbo kit yo , mega sleeper status and totally different
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:26 pm

duggyb wrote:
do you know what year it is?

Thanks.
Dustin
1999 ish maybe its an e39
there is probably some subtle details that would tell you what year it is
but that knowledge i do not have
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:26 pm

duggyb wrote:

Thanks.
Dustin

yes, 269hp 07+ V6
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

duggyb wrote:

Thanks.
Dustin

you need 200hp to cruise albert with yo krew? unless you are talking about illegal street racing Shocked

buy a street bike youll kick e'eryones ass
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:28 pm

gravity racers are pretty sweet
New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! 2006-Lotus-Type-119C
dont even need a lisence
Back to top Go down
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
duggyb

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:30 pm

i am talking Canadian prices....at dealer auctions though so i am essentially getting the car at Cost? i think if that's what you call it...only reason being is my dad is crazy good friends with a guy an Bennet Ford so i just told him what kinda cars im looking at and he came back with prices ranging from 10-11g...but do factor in all of them were over 120,000km so you could say i am buying a high mileager haha

as for the 2000 WRX's i never even thought of that...i will look into it

and vans are rank because you NEVER get pulled over...maybe an old AWD Astro....AWD would be rank with a turbo hahaha

Thanks.
Dustin
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:32 pm

New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! V70r01

volvo v70r
with a chip you have over 300 hp
and you can street race some of your crew and win with a station wagon
a volvo station wagon!
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:32 pm

duggyb wrote:
i am talking Canadian prices....at dealer auctions though so i am essentially getting the car at Cost? i think if that's what you call it...only reason being is my dad is crazy good friends with a guy an Bennet Ford so i just told him what kinda cars im looking at and he came back with prices ranging from 10-11g...but do factor in all of them were over 120,000km so you could say i am buying a high mileager haha

as for the 2000 WRX's i never even thought of that...i will look into it

and vans are rank because you NEVER get pulled over...maybe an old AWD Astro....AWD would be rank with a turbo hahaha

Thanks.
Dustin

Don't forget to factor in PST and SGI first time inspections on all out of province vehicles. You $10,000 can escalate very quickly. Not to mention most auction pieces are from Onterrible and are in shit shape. Also for USA vehicles Both taxes + RIV fees + federal inspections + SGI inspections.

Last edited by RyanR on April 22nd 2009, 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:33 pm

tell yo krew to join can i join this krew?

o wait i drive a honda....
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:34 pm

Moneypits wrote:
tell yo krew to join can i join this krew?

o wait i drive a honda....
dont be mean

Thanks,
Layne
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:37 pm

New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! US1292_200822184252127675-display

volvo s60R
there is so many nice volvos to buy
Back to top Go down
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
duggyb

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:37 pm

sorry the 10g BUDGET word should have been worded different....in other words the sticker on the car cant say over 10g...all other fees/transport/saftey's/etc are all non factored to the price

oh forgot another rule...NO Wagons....no matter how much hp hahaha sorry

also i never said anything was wrong with hondas (except a select few i see in regina) i just couldn't see ME driving one.

Thanks.
Dustin
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:39 pm

duggyb wrote:
sorry the 10g BUDGET word should have been worded different....in other words the sticker on the car cant say over 10g...all other fees/transport/saftey's/etc are all non factored to the price

oh forgot another rule...NO Wagons....no matter how much hp hahaha sorry

also i never said anything was wrong with hondas (except a select few i see in regina) i just couldn't see ME driving one.

Thanks.
Dustin

Just curious, how old are you? Why does it matter if the sticker is over $10,000? What happens if you buy a $9,000 but find out it needs $3,000 worth of work? I just don't see how you cannot factor in various other expenses into your initial budget???
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:40 pm

SoupGTR wrote:

New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! 33061350z+swap+rb26dett

Last edited by luispizarro25 on April 22nd 2009, 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:41 pm

luispizarro25 wrote:
SoupGTR wrote:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/350z-swap-rb26dett_33061.htm
ewww s-chassis with a rb26 FTW @
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: