Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Place to get windows tinted

Go down 
+8
1 hip
jdm_itr
dev
Rob
Marshal
corey
subbie
DOOLHA
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2009, 5:18 pm

WReX wrote:
i've heard of cops trying to peel tint off and what not but i dunno...Cops have given me tickets for tinted windows and tell me that if i take the tint off in 30 days they will rip the ticket up. I never did tho, lol...
But if you get caught again with the tint, you get two tickets. Once for before, and once for the current time.
I know(and am thankful) that Jason got that ticket for his yellow highbeams being on all the time.
We obviously aren't going to talk you out of putting on excessively dark window tint, so why not just do it and let us know how that works out for you
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2009, 5:21 pm

MarshalR wrote:
WReX wrote:
i've heard of cops trying to peel tint off and what not but i dunno...Cops have given me tickets for tinted windows and tell me that if i take the tint off in 30 days they will rip the ticket up. I never did tho, lol...
But if you get caught again with the tint, you get two tickets. Once for before, and once for the current time.
I know(and am thankful) that Jason got that ticket for his yellow highbeams being on all the time.
We obviously aren't going to talk you out of putting on excessively dark window tint, so why not just do it and let us know how that works out for you
jason's yellow hightr were super bright tho i remaber passing him on the hight way at night all the time last summer and i was always like wtf is comming at me lol
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2009, 5:23 pm

yea, I had the same ones on that he did. except I rarely used mine at night, becasue I knew it would draw unwanted attention. Even though they are a factory option that could be ordered, and yellow lamin-x is technically "not" illegal. I never got hassled during the day time. But yes, He did have something like 100W bulbs in there
Back to top Go down
1 hip
Rank 3
Rank 3

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2009, 12:31 pm

dev wrote:
WReX wrote:
I really liked cars that are either completely no tint or all windows tinted, i think it looks retarted when people have limo on allthe windows except the front two (i know its illegal). and thats another thing why im so sketched out to tint my windows is cops will be bugging me all the tim prob!!!

I think theres some law that dealerships can get it tinted for you? Or something stupid like that because I know Capital gets there cars tinted, all the windows but front and sells them so im assuming that its okay or something cause if you get a ticket and really didn't get the tint done it just came like that, then what..

I was told dealerships can tint windows on new vehicles because the tint is actually inside of the glass, not over top of it. Therefore the window will still smash if your head hits it in an accident. I don't know if that info is correct but its just what I heard.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2009, 2:08 pm

1 hip wrote:
I was told dealerships can tint windows on new vehicles because the tint is actually inside of the glass, not over top of it. Therefore the window will still smash if your head hits it in an accident. I don't know if that info is correct but its just what I heard.

I dont think the real danger is your window not smashing, its cops not being able to see you at night. You could be holding a gun up to them and they wouldn't even see you....lol thats what the cop told me when i go my ticket. hahaha I asked him if i look liek i would have a gun, lol he was not impressed to say the least... Razz
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2009, 2:50 pm

as stupid as it sounds that is the reason . my buddie is a fire man and he sez its also dangerous cause if they have to smash out a window it hits the person in the car Suspect
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2009, 4:45 pm

i thought that the tint somewhat "Cure's" itself onto the glass and when smashed it just smashes with the glass...hmm...well when i get my windows done ill ask them and let you guys know Thumbs Up

btw: whats with the elephant ??? lol
Back to top Go down
1 hip
Rank 3
Rank 3

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2009, 11:07 am

My car goes into ziebart monday. 2 back windows and the 2 fronts for $180. I'll let you guys know how good the service is.
Back to top Go down
Stevo
Rank 1
Rank 1
Stevo

Number of posts : 9
Vehicle : 1988 Merkur XR4Ti
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2009, 5:58 pm

I got my back windows (all 5 of them) limo tinted at ziebart a few weeks ago, great service and warranty.

The limo tint looks good with all of the other black accents on the car What a Face
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2009, 7:04 pm

post pictures of the merk with tint. I was always curious as to what it would look like...
Back to top Go down
Stevo
Rank 1
Rank 1
Stevo

Number of posts : 9
Vehicle : 1988 Merkur XR4Ti
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2009, 8:08 pm

Rawr! wrote:
post pictures of the merk with tint. I was always curious as to what it would look like...

Sure will... once I get the opportunity.
Lack of camera + lack of phone to pc connector = no pictures ;\
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : schirting
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 9:46 am

i just took my car in and they even gave me a free ride home which was pretty dope, i thot i was gunna have to call a cab. Now i wonder if they will pick me up....
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 3:00 pm

got it back and the tint looks nice, got 15%. Now i just need to tint the fronts, already got 20 for the that, anyone got any experience with puttin it on, i seen a couple vids on the net that made it look not to bad to put on. Im just curious as to how long i can last with it on, my car usually doesnt go under the radar to much so im not getting my hopes up.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 3:07 pm

OCHO wrote:
got it back and the tint looks nice, got 15%. Now i just need to tint the fronts, already got 20 for the that, anyone got any experience with puttin it on, i seen a couple vids on the net that made it look not to bad to put on. Im just curious as to how long i can last with it on, my car usually doesnt go under the radar to much so im not getting my hopes up.
got some pics ? oh and all i got to say is take your time lots of soapy water and a good squeegee but the chances of you geting pulled over for tint is high i had it on my old teg and it lasted for about 3 weeks
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 3:43 pm

it dont matter what kind of soap i add with the water does it, like could i just use dish soap?
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 3:51 pm

OCHO wrote:
it dont matter what kind of soap i add with the water does it, like could i just use dish soap?
thats what i used dont load with soap tho or its to slippery if that makes sense but its not to bad to do i started from the top making sure it was long enuff and i took my door panels of so i could get the tint under the inside like weather stripping stuff
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 4:27 pm

k cool, mayb ill try and put them on tonight, heres some pics i just took Thumbs Up

Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 P4060038-1
Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 P4060039
Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 P4060040
Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 P4060048
Back to top Go down
JSharp
Rank 8
Rank 8
JSharp

Number of posts : 1577
Vehicle : 2002 Yamaha R1, 2003 Nissan 350z, 2005 Yamaha R6
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 5:09 pm

OCHO wrote:
k cool, mayb ill try and put them on tonight, heres some pics i just took Thumbs Up

Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 P4060038-1
Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 P4060039
Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 P4060040
Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 P4060048

240 looks soooooooo nice
Back to top Go down
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

Number of posts : 654
Vehicle : 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 5:15 pm

I give it a week till you are pulled over and paying a $180 fine for the tint.

Why would you honestly put front tint on your car knowing that you will get pulled over, fined, and ordered to remove it?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 5:16 pm

I put it on myself once with my car. It is alot harder than it looks, and I would never attempt it again. It is hard to get a nice job
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 5:21 pm

good looking car i think i seen you cruising last night lol
personally i wouldnt tint the side windows it wont last cause you will get pulled over and its a pain in the ass to get the sticky shit of your windows after . maybe if you drove somthing under the radar but cops just look for reasons to pull our cars over
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 5:24 pm

ya hmm i unno wat ill do right now
Back to top Go down
canadian_ef
Rank 3
Rank 3

Number of posts : 133
Vehicle : 1988 Honda Crx Si, 1990 Honda Civic Cx
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 2:05 pm

that zebart place... I can't stand it.
I took my command start to get installed there... They installed it right under my floor vent. it blocked air-flow completely, and was held in by 1 ziptie. The ziptie I didn't mind... it was the placement of the unit. Whoever it was that installed it had no clue how to run wires either. The wire for the antenna was just tucked inbetween a panel, not underneath. I fixed these things in like... 20 mins? It was brutal though, how could a so-called professional do a worse job than what I could do?

Tint... I don't know who did mine. Came with the car. Looks nice though... got ugly purple tint on my red hatch though... My brother tinted his own windows, and he did pretty good.
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 12:18 am

canadian_ef wrote:
that zebart place... I can't stand it.
I took my command start to get installed there... They installed it right under my floor vent. it blocked air-flow completely, and was held in by 1 ziptie. The ziptie I didn't mind... it was the placement of the unit. Whoever it was that installed it had no clue how to run wires either. The wire for the antenna was just tucked inbetween a panel, not underneath. I fixed these things in like... 20 mins? It was brutal though, how could a so-called professional do a worse job than what I could do?

Tint... I don't know who did mine. Came with the car. Looks nice though... got ugly purple tint on my red hatch though... My brother tinted his own windows, and he did pretty good.

Yeah dunno about their techs for starter's and shit but the tint they have done on my car is quality and very nicely done Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Place to get windows tinted   Place to get windows tinted - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Place to get windows tinted
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2