Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

oil rigg question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

oil rigg question Empty
PostSubject: oil rigg question   oil rigg question Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2009, 5:11 pm

Long story short the company I work is making a video and they were looking to find some footage of some oil pipe being laid or welded or whatever it is you guys do with it in Saskatchewan.

Since I mostly don't know much about the biz I figured I would ask if anybody knows of any work being done in the region or surrounding areas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Save me the obvious laying pipe sexual innuendos... unless they are really funny
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

oil rigg question Empty
PostSubject: Re: oil rigg question   oil rigg question Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2009, 5:45 pm

bahahaha good luck finding a rig! seriusly tho...

I work for a oil company and its really really really slow!!! if you wanted to talk or get ahold of a piping crew your best bet would be go hang out in estevan or stoughton at the esso. I know there is one Crescent point rig who we work for drilling just south of stoughton on 47 there but thats about it.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

oil rigg question Empty
PostSubject: Re: oil rigg question   oil rigg question Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2009, 6:10 pm

go east of Regina on the #1, just before White City. Ther are a shit load of rig-pig trucks, I can only assume that means...
I don't know for a fact what they do there though
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

oil rigg question Empty
PostSubject: Re: oil rigg question   oil rigg question Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2009, 7:31 pm

1eightySX wrote:
Long story short the company I work is making a video and they were looking to find some footage of some oil pipe being laid or welded or whatever it is you guys do with it in Saskatchewan.

Since I mostly don't know much about the biz I figured I would ask if anybody knows of any work being done in the region or surrounding areas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Save me the obvious laying pipe sexual innuendos... unless they are really funny

hmm.. on the way out to the ice dices me and garret saw them laying down huge piping across the field and under the highway. i dont know if it was for oil or not but it was big. its all covered up now.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

oil rigg question Empty
PostSubject: Re: oil rigg question   oil rigg question Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2009, 8:43 pm

Cool thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Earlface
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 349
Vehicle : 07 Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-27

oil rigg question Empty
PostSubject: Re: oil rigg question   oil rigg question Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2009, 10:55 pm

WReX wrote:

I work for a oil company and its really really really slow!!! if you wanted to talk or get ahold of a piping crew your best bet would be go hang out in estevan or stoughton at the esso. I know there is one Crescent point rig who we work for drilling just south of stoughton on 47 there but thats about it.

are they still drilling? there was only a crescent point rig and a panther rig still going at the begining of the week but the panther rig shut down yesterday for break up
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

oil rigg question Empty
PostSubject: Re: oil rigg question   oil rigg question Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2009, 1:11 am

Earlface wrote:
WReX wrote:

are they still drilling? there was only a crescent point rig and a panther rig still going at the begining of the week but the panther rig shut down yesterday for break up

oh ya crescent point is going pretty strong it looks like!! makes me happy Very Happy

also if you go down highway #9 Enbridge is putting that "clipper" line in which is fucking huge!!! goes from up north down to the states...If you want to video a pipe laying job their the ones to tape. Best of the Best by far in my mind
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

oil rigg question Empty
PostSubject: Re: oil rigg question   oil rigg question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

oil rigg question
Page 1 of 1