Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cleaning Glass.

Go down 
+19
d3v
Cody
dev
raboyto2
240sxy
jdm_itr
cuonger69
phoez
veedub
WPK
playboyz28
Justin
Rob
laynehip
Marshal
Clear Solutions
Clint Eastwood
Piett
corey
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeFebruary 29th 2008, 10:20 am

By far the biggest hassle when it comes to cleaning your car is doing the windshield/windows.
Many products will just create a haze/film turning into a complete nightmare!

What's the best product you find the best when going for a clear windshield?

TIP: A tip i can share when cleaning your window's is break them up in sections, do only about 1/4 of it at a time and dont spray too much stuff on.

Spray a little on, then with one out of the 2 clothes wipe it all over. Grab your 2nd clothe(bone dry) and rub everywhere making sure you get all of the product off/marks.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeFebruary 29th 2008, 1:13 pm

i usually just use my shammy and start from the top and go all the way across then back until your at the bottom. i do it two times and it usually leaves no streaks.
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeFebruary 29th 2008, 1:52 pm

Windex ftw
Back to top Go down
Clear Solutions
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeFebruary 29th 2008, 5:11 pm

I was a big fan of BetaClean GC-800 glass cleaner for a while. You can get it at Novus auto glass. I was running low one day and needed to touch up some windows so I decided to try some of my X-Gloss detail spray and a microfibre towel and holy crap! it worked really well. Windows were streak free and a little bonus, they got a polymer coating to help repel water thanks to the X-Gloss chemical makeup.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeFebruary 29th 2008, 9:04 pm

Clear Solutions wrote:
I was a big fan of BetaClean GC-800 glass cleaner for a while. You can get it at Novus auto glass. I was running low one day and needed to touch up some windows so I decided to try some of my X-Gloss detail spray and a microfibre towel and holy crap! it worked really well. Windows were streak free and a little bonus, they got a polymer coating to help repel water thanks to the X-Gloss chemical makeup.
I ran out of normal glass cleaner one day too, looked around and saw "showroom shine" a temp. polish for the paint and it just works wonders on windows!
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2008, 10:03 am

The best stuff I've found is Stoner window cleaner. you can pick it up at canadian tire or parts source. Its byfar the best stuff I've used, and if you ask someone who knows me, I'm obsessive when it comes to cleaning my car haha
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2008, 2:14 pm

water and a kleenex
water is usually in the form of snow
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2008, 6:42 pm

Im just gonna pay corey to clean my windows, along with a full detail and polish!

Im to lazy to do it myself lol!
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2008, 7:49 pm

Ha, im a perfectionist when it comes to that kind of stuff.
My old jeep Sad always was spotless, you never would have been able to guess the year by judging the body and interior.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 363
Vehicle : 00' GSR
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2008, 11:06 pm

Clear Solutions wrote:
microfibre will clean anything, that shit is amazing.

We use it in paintball when you get shot in the face and need to clean the paint off your mask, lolz.
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Snap-On Tool Truck

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2008, 7:36 pm

Clear Solutions wrote:

where can we get some of this super X-gloss detail spray ? Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
WPK
Rank 3
Rank 3
WPK

Number of posts : 157
Vehicle : 06 Ranger
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 12:19 am

At work we have AC Delco cleaner it works awesome on windows. It's a foam that evaporates after a while after you spray it if you leave it alone. When you shammy it in it leaves no streaks!
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 12:31 am

K, so many people say use newspaper.
Ive tried on numerious occasions and it never worked good.
Has this technique ever worked for anyone else?
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 4:45 pm

corey wrote:
K, so many people say use newspaper.
Ive tried on numerious occasions and it never worked good.
Has this technique ever worked for anyone else?

worked for me once Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Snap-On Tool Truck

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 12:28 am

chamois..Smile or soft soft beautiful cloths..Smile
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1337
Vehicle : nokia + xj
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 6:41 am

i always use microfiber towels and gunk foaming glass cleaner my windows are spotless.
Back to top Go down
cuonger69
Rank 4
Rank 4
cuonger69

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 10:57 pm

Shift_Now wrote:
The best stuff I've found is Stoner window cleaner. you can pick it up at canadian tire or parts source. Its byfar the best stuff I've used, and if you ask someone who knows me, I'm obsessive when it comes to cleaning my car haha

troof.

Stoners and a mircofiber cloth is amazing.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2008, 9:52 pm

ac delco glass cleaner is amazing you will not find beter lol
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2008, 12:08 am

grab yourself a microfiber towel/cloth and some water.
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2008, 3:49 am

micro fiber cloth and Simple Green Glass cleaner. Works great
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2008, 11:32 am

corey wrote:
Ha, im a perfectionist when it comes to that kind of stuff.
My old jeep Sad always was spotless, you never would have been able to guess the year by judging the body and interior.

works great, AC Delco works good too with micro fiber.
Back to top Go down
Cody
Rank 3
Rank 3
Cody

Number of posts : 193
Vehicle : 1981 Malibu 355sbc
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2008, 6:36 pm

I use this foaming window cleaner called Bon-ami i think lol.

Spray it on and wipe it off with some paper-towel and it does absolute wonders! No streaks, no residue, no nothing but clearness
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 1:11 am

i drive with my windows all the time, so when i was my car i just wipe off the water with my shammy
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 10:59 am

JP wrote:
i drive with my windows all the time, so when i was my car i just wipe off the water with my shammy

wait what? haha even diamond kote cleaner is alright with newspaper.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 363
Vehicle : 00' GSR
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 1:54 pm

I prefer a mix of vinegar/water wiped down with newspaper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cleaning Glass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Glass.   Cleaning Glass. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleaning Glass.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next