Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car

Go down 
+2
laynehip
1eightySX
6 posters
AuthorMessage
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Empty
PostSubject: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2009, 11:38 pm

http://www.lovethebeast.com.au/

I don't know if we are getting this in Canada even but looks pretty sweet.

Side note, they know how to chose good music for a car related movie... notice the lack of Rob Zombie and the use Band of Horses and the Arcade Fire.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2009, 11:47 pm

i agree it looks good
then i sent the link to corey and he went on and on about how gay it looks and how gay i am for thinking it looks good
corey is mean
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2009, 11:49 pm

I will have to have a talk with him.
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2009, 11:50 pm

I saw that just the other day, looks really neat. However I doubt we will see it around here.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2009, 11:53 pm

Veedub wrote:
I saw that just the other day, looks really neat. However I doubt we will see it around here.
we can still rent/buy it fool
too bad youll fall asleep and wont get to see it though No
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2009, 11:54 pm

Maybe at the RPL. I saw JCVD there last week so who knows.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2009, 11:54 pm

1eightySX wrote:

jesus christ video drome was at the rpl?
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2009, 11:58 pm

laynehip wrote:
Veedub wrote:

Or you'll miss it because we'll watch it with dani and you'll mysterious disappear to your bedroom and start texting us telling us to keep it down because your trying to sleep. No
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2009, 11:59 pm

Veedub wrote:
laynehip wrote:
Veedub wrote:

Or you'll miss it because we'll watch it with dani and you'll mysterious disappear to your bedroom and start texting us telling us to keep it down because your trying to sleep. No

nah youll be too busy stealing street signs with my bucket and wrenches
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2009, 12:02 am

laynehip wrote:
Veedub wrote:
laynehip wrote:
Veedub wrote:

nah youll be too busy stealing street signs with my bucket and wrenches

No I can't anymore because you can't lend me your moms prized stool.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2009, 12:04 am

laynehip wrote:
1eightySX wrote:

jesus christ video drome was at the rpl?

No, no, Jean Claude Van Damme. It was interesting.
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2009, 12:23 am

Looks really cool, I'm studying documentaries right now so it's kind of cool to see some of the cinematography and editing that we're learning more about. Good find!
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2009, 9:44 am

dev wrote:
Looks really cool, I'm studying documentaries right now so it's kind of cool to see some of the cinematography and editing that we're learning more about. Good find!

Where are you studying?
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2009, 12:00 pm

1eightySX wrote:
dev wrote:

Where are you studying?

Just in highschool a Communications Productions Class at Winston Knoll. But it does get into it pretty heavily which is kinda cool to see the stuff we're learning.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2009, 12:31 pm

id like to see that but sucks it probly wont be here No
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2009, 1:46 pm

dev wrote:
1eightySX wrote:
dev wrote:

Where are you studying?

Just in highschool a Communications Productions Class at Winston Knoll. But it does get into it pretty heavily which is kinda cool to see the stuff we're learning.

woo! me too!
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2009, 2:38 pm

What kind of stuff do you guys watch?
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2009, 4:28 pm

We are doing a lot about bias' right now like in Farenhiet 911 and the other side to that story Farenhype 911. it's some crazy stuff
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2009, 4:50 pm

I wish I would have had classes like that in High school, instead I had to wait until University... Now I have taken enough classes like that to last me an eternity.
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2009, 4:55 pm

1eightySX wrote:
I wish I would have had classes like that in High school, instead I had to wait until University... Now I have taken enough classes like that to last me an eternity.

Haha yeah it's nice beacuse its basically a great start to that industry if you were taking it later on. All the basics and you are using programs and learning ways that you would learn normally in university anyways.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2009, 5:05 pm

I hope it is better then the Luther program. When I got into film all the people from Luther who had taken the class in high school did not make the cut.

Anyway, do you guys write stuff and go out and film it?
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2009, 5:10 pm

1eightySX wrote:
I hope it is better then the Luther program. When I got into film all the people from Luther who had taken the class in high school did not make the cut.

Anyway, do you guys write stuff and go out and film it?

Yeah the 30 level course you storyboard a 8-9 minute documentary, shoot it all and edit and complete all post production. Haha 20 level is making a promo video and short film about whatever you like, and grade 10 you make a music video. It's pretty crazy! $15,000 in software and equipment.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2009, 5:23 pm

Ah, you guys have a mac lab? I enjoy Final Cut way more than Avid, I guess they are pretty much the same but I don't have much face time with Avid. Now I just go harass the editors in my office whenever I have a question.
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2009, 12:22 am

1eightySX wrote:
Ah, you guys have a mac lab? I enjoy Final Cut way more than Avid, I guess they are pretty much the same but I don't have much face time with Avid. Now I just go harass the editors in my office whenever I have a question.

Yeah we used final cut pro and livetype for two years then the schools bought Adobe Master Suite CS4 for everybody along with new HP computers haha but Yeah final cut is a lot cooler I think but I love After Effects way more than live type. Final cut is more the movies and music videos and some tv where as Avids are more tv shit is what I've heard.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2009, 10:08 am

Don't even get me started on after effects... such a great program. I have some animations that I made a few years ago that I should post up. ... if I only new where. Final Cut is more for the independent, or individual. It is cheaper and easier to use, hence why filmmakers in Canada here would use it. Keep in mind the film industry in Canada is a tough industry as no one wants to watch Canadian films. (But that is a whole other topic)

Avid is usually used by people who have access to more money and that is why it would be closely linked to T.V. A lot of the editors I know use both as they I had mentioned earlier they are the same premise but only slightly different in execution. Also, the school of Journalism is big into Avid.

When I first had the choice to learn between the two, I took Final Cut because it was way more accessible and I thought it was going to be the be all end all of the industry. I was a bit mis-informed but still un-regretful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car   Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sweet Documentary... don't worry it about a car
Page 1 of 1