Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Digital Camera Suggestions

Go down 
+8
Justin
whatwasithinking
playboyz28
laynehip
Nigel
Piett
Rob
corey
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Digital Camera Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2008, 12:36 am

Any suggestions on a good digital camera that would take quality photos for around 200$?
Anything in particular like brands or specs?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2008, 12:37 am

Kodak is ok, really easy to use, but I want to buy a new one, better one. If you go camera shoppin lemme know what you find, or let me come with!
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2008, 12:40 am

Supra_mk2 wrote:
Kodak is ok, really easy to use, but I want to buy a new one, better one. If you go camera shoppin lemme know what you find, or let me come with!
Probly won't be till closer to spring as to i have no use for one right now.
I'll probly buy one during a sale at walmart or bestbuy or something.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2008, 12:56 am

screw digital cameras, i want to get a camcorder, which would be awesome to tape races, and just taping random shit while driving. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2008, 1:28 pm

JP wrote:
screw digital cameras, i want to get a camcorder, which would be awesome to tape races, and just taping random shit while driving. Very Happy

If your gonna "street" race atleast do it somewhere that no innocent people will be killed. Not to be a dick or anything but street racing down city streets is pretty dangerous.

Better yet take it to the track
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

Number of posts : 319
Vehicle : 1991 Honda Civic
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2008, 1:41 pm

haha hilarious, but very dangerous
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2008, 10:29 pm

i dont know who to call stupid here. the guy in the middle of the street, or the one who ran into him. but i know what you mean, racing on city streets is dumb, but armor road or the highway are always good Razz
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2008, 11:38 pm

Armour road = stupid

The cops sit in the fields some nights around armour road, to race there is a BIG no no. I was just casually driving down armour road one night and i got pulled over, and almost had to do a breathilizer or w/e. Stay away..

Highway is best bet but still dangerous
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2008, 11:48 pm

Supra_mk2 wrote:
Armour road = stupid

The cops sit in the fields some nights around armour road, to race there is a BIG no no. I was just casually driving down armour road one night and i got pulled over, and almost had to do a breathilizer or w/e. Stay away..

Highway is best bet but still dangerous

weve raced at armour road a few times and no problems what so ever.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2008, 9:39 pm

street racing is dumb
however donuts in parking lots will always be fun
and safe!
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Snap-On Tool Truck

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2008, 10:32 pm

Canon digital cameras are very nice, easy to use.

I have two , a S410 and a SD600, both are Elph models, with means smaller and compact models. The "A" models are more suited for a person's hand contours and the cameras have more features to customize.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2008, 10:41 pm

playboyz28 wrote:
Canon digital cameras are very nice, easy to use.

I have two , a S410 and a SD600, both are Elph models, with means smaller and compact models. The "A" models are more suited for a person's hand contours and the cameras have more features to customize.
How many mega pixels?
Where did you buy either or and how much of a price tag??
Back to top Go down
whatwasithinking
Rank 2
Rank 2
whatwasithinking

Number of posts : 65
Vehicle : 02 Silverado Z71
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 6:03 pm

I was just i the states about a month ago and bought a pretty decent camera for $200, its a video camera that uses sd card for memory, 6 megapixel pictures and can easily fit into fyour pocket, i bought it cus its so small but its works pretty good

heres the link to the site
http://www.sanyodigital.com/product.aspx?v=5
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 6:35 pm

I just bought a Kodak V1003 Digital camera its a decently small size, 10 megapixel and 3x zoom. $169.99 + tax at walmart. But I get 10% discount. Corey, if you decide to buy a camera from walmart let me know, I can let you borrow my card
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 11:00 pm

Supra wrote:
I just bought a Kodak V1003 Digital camera its a decently small size, 10 megapixel and 3x zoom. $169.99 + tax at walmart. But I get 10% discount. Corey, if you decide to buy a camera from walmart let me know, I can let you borrow my card
Dude, is that camera good? What kind of qualtiy are the pictures.
Take a few samples!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 11:33 pm

I only took a couple pics, it seems to be alrite so far though

Digital Camera Suggestions 101_0005
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 11:40 pm

Never buy a cheap Polaroid digital camera. All my pics are blurry!!!

Digital Camera Suggestions Blurry_20030715
*note - not actual picture
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2008, 12:28 am

Supra wrote:
I only took a couple pics, it seems to be alrite so far though

seems good, but do megapixels really matter, i use my moms thats shes had for like 4 years and its only a 4mp camera..?
Digital Camera Suggestions Redhatch
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2008, 12:45 am

The number of pixels is getting so high that i dont think it even matters anymore. Your eye wont be able to notice that many pixels anyway.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2008, 8:13 pm

Okay, any sales going on?
I need to pick up a camera before the car arrives.
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Snap-On Tool Truck

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2008, 7:41 pm

corey wrote:
Okay, any sales going on?
I need to pick up a camera before the car arrives.

look in the flyers. London drugs, future shop or visions.

my canon was about 600 before taxes..but that was way back when digital cameras were the craze.

Now you can pick up a nice 7 or 8 megapixel one for about $250 or less..Most cameras are about that price range now. Get a very good memory card, large one and pick up a spare battery , at the very least! I have 2 batteries and I still run out sometimes.
Some canons have proprietary battery, which means that you can only use that style of battery. Some canons use AA batteries , they are more common, but dont last quite as long.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 6:20 pm

I have been hearing quite a bit of good stuff about Canon's so i shall give those a look into.
My best bet is probly to just hop over to walmart and check around.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 363
Vehicle : 00' GSR
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 6:27 pm

Your best bet is to find a camera with a decent amount of megapixels (6 ish), but is MADE to have that many pixels (the computer is the one specifically for it), and with a good lense. Some companies try to just crap in an extra four mega pixels and call it 10 but really the pictures will be the same and or worse becuase they are using the same lenses and a computer chip that won't properly support that many.

My $.02
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 7:55 pm

Justin wrote:
Your best bet is to find a camera with a decent amount of megapixels (6 ish), but is MADE to have that many pixels (the computer is the one specifically for it), and with a good lense. Some companies try to just crap in an extra four mega pixels and call it 10 but really the pictures will be the same and or worse becuase they are using the same lenses and a computer chip that won't properly support that many.

My $.02
That went right over my head, I am clueless when it comes to digicamera's and that haha.
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 8:32 pm

Just goto Best Buy and try out a bunch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Suggestions   Digital Camera Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Digital Camera Suggestions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next