Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ground Control

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Ground Control Empty
PostSubject: Ground Control   Ground Control Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 12:24 am

Anyone deal with Ground Control seem my best bet for some kick ass coilovers. Koni Yellows with custom spring weights.

Also any really good people about spring rates should I go with 600lb or 700lb in the rear, going with 400lb in the front though.

edit: talking with a ep guru he said 515lb in front and 850lb in rear is a good base point

Last edited by EP304 on January 16th 2009, 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Ground Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground Control   Ground Control Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 12:35 am

EP304 wrote:
Anyone deal with Ground Control seem my best bet for some kick ass coilovers. Koni Yellows with custom spring weights.

Also any really good people about spring rates should I go with 600lb or 700lb in the rear, going with 400lb in the front though.
i went with tien super streets on my old teg they were awsome coilovers only paid like 800 for them to
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Ground Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground Control   Ground Control Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 12:37 am

My struts are done for and wanna step up I got the money saved, plus I can raise the ride height in winter. For like $200 you can get different springs with different weights and swap them out.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Ground Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground Control   Ground Control Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 12:48 am

that sounds alright i dont know much about it but when i bought mine i wanted good quality and adjustable
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Ground Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground Control   Ground Control Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 3:41 am

ground Controll makes amazing shit.
The BMW guys use them all the time, and they are the bee's knees.
I'd definately recomend them, but I know they aren't necessarily the cheapest solution(atleast for my BMW they aren't).
I'd go for it!
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Ground Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground Control   Ground Control Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 12:07 pm

They are about 1300.00. Cheaper then the BC RDS I was looking at. It gives me more options, when you can just buy different springs.Then I'll buy some hotchkis camber plates roughly 1,600.00 I'm thinking for a fairly decent setup then just a good alignment.
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Ground Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground Control   Ground Control Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 5:57 pm

I love Ground Controls customer service. Damn they get back so fast best business no wonder I never buy in Canada cause those shits never email back or answer the phone.
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Ground Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground Control   Ground Control Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2009, 4:48 pm

Please Please if you find blown type s front struts save them for me please. Also if you can get the tie rod ends too no big deal with those.
Back to top Go down
eden
Rank 2
Rank 2
eden

Number of posts : 93
Vehicle : S197
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Ground Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground Control   Ground Control Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2009, 5:30 pm

they seem to be a good company. alot of dsm owners use and praise ground control.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ground Control Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground Control   Ground Control Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ground Control
Page 1 of 1